Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

Animation: customize your maps

For Crysis,
    Tutorial Lip Movements-dialogue for your characters
    here is a tutorial on how to make a character speak the dialogue you need if creating a single player map and story.

Basics: What you do is record your dialogue to MP2, then using the Sandbox2 faciall editor add in the lip movements using common expressions from a drop down menu sequencing them to the sound track. After saving you apply the dialogue to a character, adding a trigger so the character knows when to speak.

Much simpler than I had imagined... i expected to have to somehow export the character into a separate animation program and record the (muckelpucket) movements myself.

http://www.crymod.com/thread.php?threadid=15086

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

Re: Custom Animations

Crysis-Sandbox2 Custom Airplane Animation-Crash

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWNBp5-rfYg

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

New Physics from Pixelux

http://www.pixeluxentertainment.com/
    These demos show what can be done with the DMM Plug-in for Maya. They were created entirely with DMM Plug-in for Maya, no other physics system was used.

check out how these buildings collapse:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4m7wagjc7A

more animations here: http://www.pixelux.ch/content/blogcategory/26/50/

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

Re: Animation: customize your maps

Pre Animated Characters

http://www.rocketbox-libraries.com/i...the_animations

this site also include other people types and animals

· 50 characters for 3ds Max or Maya
    · 170 ready made animations
    · each character in 3 different polycounts
    · complete bone skeleton, skinning and 170 animations
    · 2048 x 2048 pixel textures as photoshop psd files
    · customizable layers + normal bump maps and specular maps

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBean HH
    Those are quite nice actually, how did you find this bean ?
    [/url]

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

i've been doing a little research on modding, etc. since Mw2 isn't going to be a prime game for me anymore... found the links in modding forums mostly.

it's amazing what people are able to pull off. The marine, the author combined 'rigging' he found off the internet with the model itself and that's it

actually i wish these games had more happening with regards to civilians, jestures, voice overs, etc. to make for a better experience. What's cool is that on many of these sites people are working together in teams to produce single player maps that are complete with cut scenes, different levels and a story line. Pretty impressive (and time consuming) exercises.

Indeed, it was quite nice, that marine .

Well, I think that as long as people are gaming, they will start modding, and adding more maps .

offtopic: How's it done actually with PB and new maps, do they need to be approved or so ?
    [/url]

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

I don't think PB cares about the map... what ever the host puts up that works with the game is good enough for PB. That doesn't mean their won't be problems with a map... holes you can drop through, getting behind the map, etc.

The cool thing about mapping is that games typically offer the tools to make the maps free, along with all the models, like buildings, cars, etc. I think it's pretty much up to the designer to decide if they want to make a single player map or multiplayer, or what it will be like, and I think that's what drives designers is they get a vision of some idea and want to see it 'for real'. It is fun to run through something you've created and even more fun if others enjoy it.

I also can't believe some people will say 'this map stinks' when it is obvious they have no idea just how much time it takes to put one together. Game developers have 10's and 100's of people working on games and maps, all working daily and getting paid to do it. I've been totally impressed with what people have come up with... have you played Gob-Rats? It's set in a Kitchen and the players are the size of rats.

Ah, I see, thanks for the explanation .

I do agree with you that some people say a map just 'sucks' cause of the hard work someone's put up for it.
    But that doesn't mean that person can be right, maybe (s)he gets owned on that map too much, and that's where the frustration comes from
    [/url]

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    Ah, I see, thanks for the explanation .

I do agree with you that some people say a map just 'sucks' cause of the hard work someone's put up for it.
    But that doesn't mean that person can be right, maybe (s)he gets owned on that map too much, and that's where the frustration comes from
    absolutely, it could be just bad spawns, poor detail or all sorts of other things, but considering official maps have flaws I think it's in poor taste to blame the creator of a custom map... be thankful for the variety. I do agree that it has more to do with someone getting owned on a map and they may think of it as their unlucky map.