Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

Help Wanted - Skilled WebSite Designer/Developer

If anyone has knowledge of Adobe DreamWeaver or other website development and design skills and wants to help develop our website, please let us know.

We need help mostly with DreamWeaver.

Also, GIF's, FLASH, Organization of new web pages and content.

Our goal is to update some of the current pages and to add new categories to reflect the content of our Forums. All help, including organization of actual content would be greatly appreciated.

TRUSTED ASSOCIATE+ FS-Jarhead755's Avatar

Re: Help Wanted - Skilled WebSite Designer/Developer

Hey Green, I'm still in learning stage, but if I can help some let me know.
    <br /><br /><br />

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

that's great. what are you learning now? Photoshop, DreamWeaver, what exactly? this way I can make suggestions on how you can contribute to the effort. thanks bud.

I'm good with Photoshop, but not great yet. I'm still learning DreamWeaver. On Dreamweaver I'm still learning the pictures and videos. Getting good at the code and placement. IF there is any thing I can help with let me know.
    <br /><br /><br />

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

will do.

have you used templates before in DreamWeaver? You should also check out TUTVid's YouTube channel as his tutorials are very easy to follow... HH's Channel is subscribed to it so you can find it that way or just do a YouTube search.

Templates are really important because once you set up one page all the other pages are completed automatically with one click, except the content you add to it.

TRUSTED ASSOCIATE+ !AR!BlackHawk's Avatar
    ARMA-Games

What I would suggest is porting the whole frontpage over to a php backend system that is able to deal with the content and include the content files by a case statement.

This would mean that if you need to edit something with the styles that you just need to edit 1 page, and your done (saves lots of time) this would also mean that you can move all your styles in a stylesheet (also saves time & loading time).

Guess all this is 2/3 hours work,

All this has another advantage, because you just use one page, only one page gets cached so all the images are being used for all the websites (again, speed :P)

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

sounds good but I would have to learn more about how to do it.

The images do actually, from what I see, do load quickly as they are all the same images for each page, except the specific content of the page. The animated GIF do take longer to load. Typically the Home Page loads in less than 2 seconds for me and all the other pages load in less than a second. If this is the case is there really any point to putting the website in PHP backend system, besides making changes to a style sheet to save time?

tbh, I have templates and style sheets too for this website, but am not proficient in their use.

TRUSTED ASSOCIATE+ !AR!BlackHawk's Avatar
    ARMA-Games

Everything indeed loads fast and I have no issues viewing any of the pages.
    So where it would be usefull for is administration because you would be able to switch around alot of stuff without having to edit multiple pages.

So I guess that would be the best part of this. Other then that, it doenst matter much because everything indeed already load fast.

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

thanks blackhawk for the confirmation of the speed. I think it does sound like a better way to go and I'll look into it. good tip.

Thanks for the info Greenbean. The Dreamweaver Tutorials on youtube are good. Only watched 2 before son came and said dinner ready.
    <br /><br /><br />

Blog Entries
    AmericasArmy-Games

I have done a fare amount of Photoshop work, also I have taken a few highschool classes for dreamweaver cs3.

I know how to program in Flash, and can use Dreamweaver, but tend to do everything by hand in a text editor, because I am learning for college. The thing with flash though is that it will slow down your site's load time, the more you have on it! I don't have a lot of PHP knowledge yet, but know some. My wife and I are both savy with images. I'm not sure how much time is going to be involved with your projects, as I don't have much to spare, but we can work it out. I like your cause and wouldn't mind helping out in any way I can!

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

Hey The Meek,

welcome to the site and thanks for the offer. I'd say hand out a bit and if you see something we're struggling with maybe lend a hand. We'd certainly welcome extensions to the knowledge we've started in our tutorials sections.

I think it's cool that you use a text editor to do your flash. And what about html5? Is that going to change things regarding the use of flash? what do you think?

cya, and welcome to HackHunters.