Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

COD2 question regarding reloading

This is for anyone playing Call of Duty 2, so you can verify any answer...

Is there anyway to interrupt the reloading of a weapon once you press the reload key? That is, after the reload is initiated, to start shooting in the middle of reloading (before it is complete) and if so, how?

thanks for the help.

TRUSTED ASSOCIATE+ !AR!BlackHawk's Avatar
    ARMA-Games

Re: COD2 question regarding reloading

Its done by pressing the reload key and switching to a diffrent weapon and back again very fast

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

thought that might be the case, but we are talking, from what I witnessed, extremely fast, that is it appears the person reloads and then almost immediately starts shooting again.

Still, it's a good tip for those who don't know the trick.

TRUSTED ASSOCIATE+ !AR!BlackHawk's Avatar
    ARMA-Games

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ArPs-bWAyk

Check the amount of bullets in screen (bottom right) when you press Reload, it puts the bullet in to soon and your able to switch gun back and forward and you got new bullets.

If its extremely fast then you might be looking at some hack that interferes with the client side script that deals with the Reload time OR a fast reload script.

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

thanks for the vid, that's exactly what i was seeing and wondering what was going on. There are lots of tricks in COD2 that give ppl an advantage if you know them, and if you do, please post them. I'm not talking about obviously illegal glitches, like the one where you can fire an MG while laying down (there's only one map and one MG that this works on as far as i know), therefore you can't be shot, or finding a way under the map... just things that other gamers who are 'skilled' do during normal game play. In other words, I'd like to help level the normal playing field for those who are getting clobbered all the time.

The one i use, that is simple and is certainly not cheating or glitching, is find a position that people wouldn't normally consider to look. That is behind cars, walls, in bomb craters, etc. that are closer to the enemy than typical hiding spots... what happens is the enemy generally looks past those positions looking for the sniper in the background. And once you get in that spot, limit your movement so that you look like a stationary part of your surrounding. It's fun to pick off other snipers who are obviously looking for you thru their scope wondering where the heck you are

And this one, finding a great spot to shoot from, highlights the problem of all of these maps, that once learned a skilled player can quickly scan through their scope all the normal shooting spots before moving forward. Something I think future games will or at least should address thru map modifications every time a map loads.... I explain this idea in the Game Concepts thread: http://www.hackhunters.com/forum/index.php?topic=412.0

As far as the fast reload, if a clan doesn't consider it a bannable glitch then I say use it. Be aware tho many clans do not allow glitching of any kind so better to check first to see what their policy is.

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

another cod2 tip using the tommy gun...

if relatively close to your target, skip looking down the scope and instead shoot from the hip keeping your weapon pointed at the target, while moving to one side (not back and forth). Scope or 'looking down the sights' changes the speed of your movement and can get you killed pretty fast if in close quarters combat (less than 20 yards).

If you shoot down the sights using the tommy or other sub-mg shoot in short bursts, moving to the side that allows you to align your shot better. You'll see this a lot from good players, they'll run then stop when they see a target and start moving sideways to align the sight.