Thread: Server Hosting

Server Hosting

Hi All,

Not sure if this is the right area, but i see a lot of big clans supporting multiple games, which means having a lot of game servers. We are a Call of Duty 4 Europe clan at the moment, 2 servers, 70 slots. Now with Call of Duty 5 means more servers, i am funding the clan on my own and was looking for ideas on maybe renting a dedicated server and using that for my game servers? Anyone with any advice or links to server dedicated servers, if that is the correct option. Would be glad to hear from you.

Thanks in advance,

Killian aka [CeltS] MadDoG

www.celtsclan.com

TRUSTED ASSOCIATE+ !AR!BlackHawk's Avatar
    ARMA-Games

Server Hosting

3 options:

1: You fund the dedi 100% your self

2: You find a company that allows you to resell a apart of the server to another clan (so you end up with profit, which allows you to cover the costs)

3: You find another clan willing to share the dedi with you, payment & server will be 50:50 for both partys.

EDIT:

And above all: Find a server provider that isnt going to be bankrupt after you payed 6 months.
    Leaving you with no server + no money

I recon you go for known and recommended GSP's (the ones that have been around for some time and have buildup some reputation)

Watch out for long contracts! best thing you can do is a month to month based contract, or atleast a 3/4 months based one. This means you atleast dont lose all your money when they go down.

Server Hosting

Thanks mate, a lot of good pointers there,

Thanks again,

Killian

Server Hosting

you can get one from godaddy and wolfservers. Its a good idea to have somebody help ya pay they do get expensive.

Server Hosting

With INX Gaming now, not a deicated box, but if we keep growing I will 202 slots now

Blog Entries
    AmericasArmy-Games

Re: Server Hosting

Primarytarget is a well established gsp. check them out.