Don't sell drugs in the metro -0 especially if you're 15

Well I just got home from Choir practice on wednesday afternoon in Vienna and sat down in the Metro. Black guy sat in front of me. Then came some other guy and patted me on the shoulder and I got really confused thinking "who the hell is that guy?" And He started asking the black dude (in English, really strange cuz its Austria) if he'd like some drugs. The kid was about 15 or 16 years old. The black dude said: "No man, go away." And when the kid didn't, he went away himself. Thats when the kid started asking me.

I have to say at this point that I'm fairly big (1,87m) and have some muscles. So the kid asks me: "Want drugs?" And me, just out of the army and fairly anti-crime said: "Dude, you better go away or I'll drag you to the next police station." He jumped up, shouting at me and insulting me but I just sat there telling him to shut up and leave the metro since he was obviously annoying everybody inside.
    And he went.

Point is, I thought he'd take a knife and run it through me for sure at one point. Had I been in Brussels (Belgium) in the same situation (Cuz I've made a lot of bad experiences there in the last 10 years [1998-2008]) I'd surely have that knife inside me in a fraction of seconds.

Since then, I never leave the house without a friggin huge knife of my own in my bag and some bandages. (LOL may seem im a scardypants, but I'd rather be safe than sorry)

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

Re: Don't sell drugs in the metro -0 especially if you're 15

Love the fact you said 'I'll drag you to the next police station ..." but as you can see you don't need a knife, so get rid of it and fear not.

I know there can be a fear, which I had when I first moved to NYC in my 20's, but then one day I looked around and you know what I saw? Men, women, grandmothers and especially children. What was I afraid of? There were kids all around just living and having fun. It helped me drop the fear attitude and I've overcome other barriers as I've grown older. Now I fear no one and it is empowering. That 'loss of fear' will in itself provide you with protection as well, as you will be perceived through your body language as 'being in control' and not weak.

I'm no little guy either, 1.828 M (6feet) and athletic, you're taller at 1.87 (6'-1 1/2"). It's the attitude inside that matters most, but truly funny when you said to the twerp that you'd drag him which is why he got defensive, cause he'd like to think he's a big man.

Great story Infy.

Hm as I said its not really fear (I've been through a close-to stabbing in Brussels once) but its more the sense: Damn, I've only got one life and there are a lot of nutters, better be safe than sorry. Thats pretty much what I've learnt from my experience. (But I actually love Vienna, beautyful city and a lot of lovely people, but again, nutters are everywhere...)

BUt actually, that was my worst. Two gangs of Arab people were having a fight in Belgium, in a prak right in front of my house and at some point they startet fighting for real and when the knives were pulled, me and my dad just ran for it. Middle of the day and all and "standing up to crime in your neighbourhood" and all but we were just scared like hell... We moved house shortly after that

I've qualified for my Concealed Handgun License, but I can't think of anywhere I'd carry in my hometown. I'd feel like a total twerp carrying into say Walmart or something

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

When people get out of hand, running is always a good option. Like I've said, what's trash like that have to do with my life, so I'd rather have nothing to do with it.

I remember a story about a hit and run where a car hit and killed a kid and the driver took off. As you can guess people were angry and someone said 'he did it'... the mob pulled out the guy from his car and beat him to death. Only thing is it wasn't the hit and run driver, just some father who happened to be there at the time.

I'd suggest keeping all weapons away from yourself at all times. There are no second chances with those things and you never know how people will react to seeing a weapon pointed at them. One would expect them to flee, but considering the adrenaline that it would cause you might find yourself in a struggle for your own life. There are 'nutters' but I think you'll find if you have respect for all people the 'nutters' will view you as friend, not foe, but, every circumstance is different and I certainly wish everyone will get through life without any trama.