Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

Re: AntiCheat Protection RATING SYSTEM (APRS)

Very good.

What about ....

Siqurd
    X-Ray
    UAC (for SWAT)
    TWL-ACS
    GV
    Vulcanion

I suspect the above are AntiCheats made for games that aren't supported by PB, DMW or Valve, would you agree?

And I found a few potential others...
    http://www.mohforesight.com/
    http://www.haloanticheat.com/

List them all if you know them, and their relationship to the gaming industry... for instance if AA has a specialized AntiCheat, then it should be noted.

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

Sneaky, if you think your last post was off topic, or perhaps a new topic, let me know and I'll split it to it's own thread. We would like to encourage discussions like you posted so I welcome it. You decide and let me know. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by !AR!BlackHawk
    Your able to run DMW & PB at the same time (CoD2, and some other games)

----

PB is indeed implanted into the games core.. (but still is a standalown program) (at designing stage) they have access to the game source code ect. Thats why company's don't want to have other AC's work on the game. As it means that they will need to provide the source code of the game (when the game isnt released)

That means a big/huge risk... costing mils if some idot of the AC company published game content on the web.
    This is correct. Too many hands in the game will also slow the game down abit more as multiple things are ripping at the code when its trying to run the game.

Credit to GeneralAce100

"Step your game up guys... Show me guys that I didn't make a mistake.  Show me that your worth counting on.  Show me that you can do, what we do." - Melfice_Elstang

TRUSTED ASSOCIATE+ !AR!BlackHawk's Avatar
    ARMA-Games

PB and Valve AC are the only companys that are hired by the game developers.
    DMW is a company that has added there AC to the game after release (correct me if I'm wrong) they are not hired by the game developers.

X-Ray can be compared with DMW, only DMW is more advanced.

Siqurd = Third Party development, no idea.
    UAC = No idea
    TWL-ACS = Third Party development, with very little protection (screenshots and some md5checks.
    GV = ?
    Vulcanion = I'm not aware of a anti-cheat client

Other words, you have two kind of AC Systems.

Integrated / External

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

Quote Originally Posted by Sneaky
    This is correct. Too many hands in the game will also slow the game down abit more as multiple things are ripping at the code when its trying to run the game.
    You are not following the topic Sneaky. This wasn't the point of this discussion. I would suggest re-reading this entire thread from the beginning to understand the point of this discussion. The question in the above context is not about what works or doesn't work with a game and whether or not it helps or hurts a game, but just understanding what is being used with which game... that's it.

Finallly, when BlackHawk said 'costing mils...' he meant 'costing millions of dollars' not, milliseconds.

BlackHawk, thanks for the info. It certainly is helping me get a grasp of all these options. So PB is the only one that works directly with the game developers, very interesting... Hopefully I can run with this to get more info from places like Sigurd directly and how they perceive themselves, as well as the others. I really think this is very useful info for everyone, to help us all see the big picture. A rating system might incorporate this knowledge into it, to show the hierarchical relationships and obviously, if a game isn't PB protected, to show that it isn't. With that in mind, a rating system will mean bigger bucks for EvenBalance I would think as every game will seek their service. Do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBean HH
    You are not following the topic Sneaky. This wasn't the point of this discussion. I would suggest re-reading this entire thread from the beginning to understand the point of this discussion. The question in the above context is not about what works or doesn't work with a game and whether or not it helps or hurts a game, but just understanding what is being used with which game... that's it.

Finallly, when BlackHawk said 'costing mils...' he meant 'costing millions of dollars' not, milliseconds.

BlackHawk, thanks for the info. It certainly is helping me get a grasp of all these options. So PB is the only one that works directly with the game developers, very interesting... Hopefully I can run with this to get more info from places like Sigurd directly and how they perceive themselves, as well as the others. I really think this is very useful info for everyone, to help us all see the big picture. A rating system might incorporate this knowledge into it, to show the hierarchical relationships and obviously, if a game isn't PB protected, to show that it isn't. With that in mind, a rating system will mean bigger bucks for EvenBalance I would think as every game will seek their service. Do you think?
    I guess the way I phrased my piece is abit screwed up. I didnt mean milliseconds but if you have too many hands in the pot of code, there is more of a chance for that code to be sent out and the game is made before its official release which intern leads to a major fall in prices. Sorry about that. My fault.

Also I dont think PunkBuster is alone on this. What about VAC for Source Games? If I missed that, sorry.

Now will it help ACs like PB? Its a double blade sword. It could and couldnt. The could is that people hate hacks and when you think of AntiCheat, usally PB comes to mind and such. The couldn't is that people wont buy it. I know of a few people that they think PB royally screwed them over, and refuse to buy any game with them.

I personally am with the could side rather than the couldnt. But without bad things there can not be good things.

Credit to GeneralAce100

"Step your game up guys... Show me guys that I didn't make a mistake.  Show me that your worth counting on.  Show me that you can do, what we do." - Melfice_Elstang

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

Just to be a bit more clear, the rating system would produce a logo similar to what the ESRB rating as shown below:

These logos are quite common on most game websites. That is my goal here to have a 'representative' from the AntiCheat industry to help remind everyone the importance of AntiCheat ... AND... to help send a message to the very young that cheating isn't acceptable.

If some kid is having trouble updating their PB or if they were banned because of it, too bad. Anyone with enough common sense will appreciate that without PB or other AntiCheats, games would not be all that they could be. I think there was a company called nVision or something that hackers proudly claimed to put out of business. Certainly not what we want... we all want better games. So, pro/cons, really I think you don't fully appreciate the concept or the context in which it is given but that's just my opinion.

The thing I've learned in my life, is that some projects get done and some don't. Those that don't are typically mired in 'discussions that go on and on' while those that get built are based on people's common sense to know if an idea is good at it's core. I recognize this as a pretty good concept worth exploring and moving forward.

As an example, there is a dirty canal in New York City that has had 3 state funded EPA studies over the last 40 years, each study costing millions of dollars. If all that money was put directly into the actual clean up rather than in the 'study to see if the clean up is a good thing or bad thing' the stupid canal would of been cleaned already AND, the extra tax revenue generated by property values going up could of easily funded other city or state projects. It's a matter of experience and properly figuring out priorities.

So you don't have to worry about this idea getting off the ground because there isn't anyone willing at this time to take it as their project. If someone is interested, then let me know.

Ill help you out as much as I can but I cant do it alone. Anyone want to get this idea off the ground. I personally see this as a great idea and sure it has its flaws. We need to get a team together that will handle these details and get this ball rolling. Ill be apart of the team. But a 1 man team never goes anywhere. We need more people.

There is no perfect project. Cheats right now are smarter than ACs. We need to get ahead of them and this is a step in the process by showing that yes this game has some sort of protection. The only way to win is if we get ahead of the cheaters. They have had their time to shine. Now its our turn. Lets make it right and stop those cheats.

Credit to GeneralAce100

interesting idea.
    One major problem with this is to get any company to agree on having such a rating.
    and also that means putting more public pressure on ACs.All ACs have enough pressure as it is

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2