Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Forgiveness Program

I'm sorry Sneaky but I have to disagree, that's also the reasons given for why kids start smoking cigarettes, doing or selling drugs, breaking into homes and cars, stealing from mom's purse...etc. I know these are extreme comparisons but if you look at reality cheat users can become cheat creators and that is a federal offense. When through not punishing do we become responsible.

Even a 12 year old knows that using a cheat is cheating and we all start screaming "HEY NO CHEATING" at about 4 years old or so.

I'm 45 and have never installed or used a cheat in a game in my life, I know it's wrong (against the rules) and so do they. They can give every excuse in the book but it all adds up to the same thing, they do it because they think they can get away with it.

I have never bought a game and started playing like a pro and have probably been owned by hundreds of kids that aren't cheating.

With practice and dedication come skill and cheating always comes at a price. That's a lesson all can benefit from learning.

I'm sorry Sneaky but I have to disagree, that's also the reasons given for why kids start smoking cigarettes, doing or selling drugs, breaking into homes and cars, stealing from mom's purse...etc. I know these are extreme comparisons but if you look at reality cheat users can become cheat creators and that is a federal offense. When through not punishing do we become responsible.

Even a 12 year old knows that using a cheat is cheating and we all start screaming "HEY NO CHEATING" at about 4 years old or so.

I'm 45 and have never installed or used a cheat in a game in my life, I know it's wrong (against the rules) and so do they. They can give every excuse in the book but it all adds up to the same thing, they do it because they think they can get away with it.

I have never bought a game and started playing like a pro and have probably been owned by hundreds of kids that aren't cheating.

With practice and dedication come skill and cheating always comes at a price. That's a lesson all can benefit from learning.

And how many actual cheaters have you talked to. Sorry if I seem defensive, its just that I know what Im talking about. Ive study their ways to the point that the only thing I can do know is actually cheat, which I will never do. What I said is the cold hard facts.

Heres something else to back my facts up. Alot of people put in jail, they wish for a second chance. Some do, Some dont.

Credit to GeneralAce100

"Step your game up guys... Show me guys that I didn't make a mistake.  Show me that your worth counting on.  Show me that you can do, what we do." - Melfice_Elstang

And how many actual cheaters have you talked to. Sorry if I seem defensive, its just that I know what Im talking about. Ive study their ways to the point that the only thing I can do know is actually cheat, which I will never do. What I said is the cold hard facts.

Heres something else to back my facts up. Alot of people put in jail, they wish for a second chance. Some do, Some dont.

Credit to GeneralAce100

"Step your game up guys... Show me guys that I didn't make a mistake.  Show me that your worth counting on.  Show me that you can do, what we do." - Melfice_Elstang

I personally don't make it a habit to sit and talk to cheaters other than to say if you continue to do so on our servers you will be banned.

If we get back black screenshots the are kicked after seeing a banner across their screen stating they have a black screenshot and to contact infinityward.com to find a way to correct the problem. That's the only second chance they get. If they return and still have black screenshots they are permanently banned, no questions asked.

I don't need to talk to them to know the facts. They cheat, and they will continue to do so until they are hit with a little dose of YOUR GUID HAS BEEN BANNED!

I have to say it Sneaky, no offense but you seem to have made a complete 180 since your post on Dec 25, 2009, 11:18 PM

We are all members with the same goal, to stop cheaters, right?
    I know I'm not here to give them a pat on the back, or to hold their hand and tell them it's ok just please don't do it again. Please?

I personally don't make it a habit to sit and talk to cheaters other than to say if you continue to do so on our servers you will be banned.

If we get back black screenshots the are kicked after seeing a banner across their screen stating they have a black screenshot and to contact infinityward.com to find a way to correct the problem. That's the only second chance they get. If they return and still have black screenshots they are permanently banned, no questions asked.

I don't need to talk to them to know the facts. They cheat, and they will continue to do so until they are hit with a little dose of YOUR GUID HAS BEEN BANNED!

I have to say it Sneaky, no offense but you seem to have made a complete 180 since your post on Dec 25, 2009, 11:18 PM

We are all members with the same goal, to stop cheaters, right?
    I know I'm not here to give them a pat on the back, or to hold their hand and tell them it's ok just please don't do it again. Please?

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

The only real solution is to ban as there is no way to do anything else realistically... but at the same time at HH we are willing to discuss anything, and allow those ideas that might work to develop... ultimately we all want more non-cheaters playing than cheaters and there may be other ways to achieve this that can supplement current ban list technique... or maybe not, who really knows.

for the sake of the game, for the sake of gamers and for the sake of fun, honestly and all the rest no cheater should be allowed on an honest server ever.

but you do communicate with cheaters and you do so effectively... give them a warning, then on the second occasion ban them. Direct and to the point. They do something and they feel the ramifications. Message sent.

From an admins point of view you've got it CrushKill. At HH we sometimes look at a larger picture which is where i think sneaky is coming from... how can we influence change on a larger scale. At a trench level, that is on a server as run by a clan you have to be direct with those who would cheat. Only one answer-ban.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2