Call of Duty WWII !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure if this one deserves it's own thread, but what the heck. IT's finally a triple A developer returning to WWII. Now didn't we say this was the trend just a couple days ago?

Just today, April 26th, 2017, Sledgehammer revealed their latest COD game.

Now given a release date of November 2017 that's not much time for development because I really hope they do it right, and by right I hope the maps reflect accurately the actual terrain and settings of the WWII conflict.

Anyway, enjoy:

More details from the Call of Duty channel:

[QUOTE]
    Over two years in the making, Sledgehammer Games delivers a gritty, personal experience in the setting of the largest worldwide conflict in history to a new gaming generation in Call of Duty: WWII. Play through the story of ordinary men turned soldiers in the 1st Infantry Division as they fight to preserve freedom in the face of tyranny. Call of Duty: WWII deliver fast-paced, boots-on-ground combat through iconic locations in the European Theater.

Pre-order COD: WWII now on disc or digital download and secure your code for the Private Beta http://www.callofduty.com/WWII
    Last edited by game; 04-26-2017 at 09:45 PM.

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

Screen Shot 2017-04-26 at 10.15.03 PM.jpg

Screen shot of the Normandy Beach. Hope one can turn off the name tags.

This view is of their new social lobby, which, if I understand is where you can show off your stats or hang out and meet others. Really don't know what they're hoping to accomplish with this. If they did something to support actual clans that would be more useful to people.

While I have high hopes for this game, there are some clues that tell me in areas it may be good, in others it may be the same old approach.

Single player will hopefully be good in that it will take you through the route of the 1st via a story of a squad. What I suspect will be disappointing is:
    It will be a rail path one can't deviate from.
    It will end immediately preventing any exploration at the end of each segment.
    It will have waves of enemy until you trigger some point to stop the waves.

In multiplayer I can see it now:
    It will have smaller maps full of holes, like rat tunnels cut through everything.
    It won't be actually destructible environments.
    It will still allow bunny hopping.
    It's 'fast paced' action will mean it's a run and gun game where strategy isn't king.

While I'm sure this game will attract people like myself, those who gave up on COD years ago, I only hope they address real content issues instead of focusing on the bells and whistles to truly make this game an awesome virtual experience.
    Last edited by GreenBean-HH-; 04-27-2017 at 10:03 AM.

Battlefield1-Games

I too am really looking forward to CoD WW2 like you have no idea. I've sooo wanted an actual CoD game to play for a long time now. I played Ghosts but really didn't like it much. None of the newer CoD's really struck my fancy so to speak. I've played BO II only for the Nuke Town map.

When CoD stopped letting the community have their own private servers ( CoD BO ) era, is when I stopped buying CoD other than BO II for Nuke Town. They ruined it in my opinion. I have to agree with Greenbean as well. I hope it is just not a re-skinned version of what we already know !

But other than that, from what I've been watching and reading they have really taken the Gamers point of view, wants and needs into great consideration developing this game. They know their CoD series has taken a critical crucial hit due to the direction they have gone and are now suffering for. Players want their CoD back ! A modern updated ( engine and graphical ) CoD version back to what made them great. World War 2.

They listened !

The only thing thus far I see, that could be a key disappointment is from what I can see, they are still going to use the same IIRC engine type. Just updated. it does not run destructible environments that I can remember. I could be wrong and hope like hell I am.

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

Yeah destructible environments would be great, and I think required these days. If Battlefield can do it, all the way back to Bad Company 2, then what is COD's/EA's excuse?

I'm with you Syntax2112, I stopped after Modern Warfare 3. I could see where the maps were headed, it's a run and gun or your dead. In fact if you're not running fast enough in the correct circular pattern you will get outflanked easily and shot in the back or side. Real swiss cheese mapping. Exciting if you love to jump, run, gun, jump out again, run some more, etc. which is pure adrenaline type of gaming, but I like having some strategic options to choose from, and not 'I know the map better than you so I will get more kills' skill type.

Lets hope you're right and they get the game right. At least the guns will be better balanced unless they have bombing achievement runs, which they probably will.

Battlefield1-Games

Call of Duty: WWII PC Open Beta

Last edited by Syntax2112; 09-26-2017 at 01:44 PM.

Battlefield1-Games

Call of Duty: WWII PC Open Beta is well on it's way so far.

As the Beta moves on, Activision is constantly rolling out small Beta patches to shore up memory leaks, graphics card driver issues, map flow issues, objectives glitches so on and so forth.

One major thing I've noticed is CoD so far has stuck to the Call of Duty we all remember years back. Gameplay and style mimic nicely so far. Another major issue already is hackers. Multiple players running aimbots and wall hacks. It's well known and well documented so far. Sad but true.

s2_mp64_ship 2017-09-30 16-46-08-681.jpg

s2_mp64_ship 2017-09-30 16-38-47-405.jpg