Battlefield1-Games

An homage to Xfire

I don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere yet but I was a little sad to stumble upon the xfire site a few months ago and find that they had closed it down after 12 years of being the only (for awhile) and best gaming companion around. I guess with all the newer free services around now they must have lost a significant user base which makes sense as I wasn't even using anymore and had moved on to other things like Teamspeak or even the chat function in Steam.

From when I started gaming and for quite a few years after that, I used Xfire daily as did all my clanmates and friends and it was something I looked forward to hopping on aside from being in game to be able to chat even when I wasn't gaming with everyone. One of the best things I liked about Xfire was being able to have all my gaming contacts in one spot and connect with them whenever I wanted. Even if they weren't around or didn't have their Xfire open you could still leave a message and it would pop up and they could see it when they went online.

So to keep this short and sweet, thank-you Xfire for providing me with countless memories and conversations and allowing me to connect with people a world away at the touch of my fingertips. You helped guide the gaming experiences of a decade of gamers through your functionality and connectivity to the gaming world, clans and the individual gamers. A salute to Xfire!!

Battlefield1-Games

I was actually thinking about Xfire yesterday. I know there used to be a few sites that had ( patched ) versions of it that were still functional. What serer base they connected to I have no idea. But it came online.

Can't find it to save my life now.

It is a shame them shut it down. It was one of the best Gamer app's I've ever used and have used.