Thread: PB questions

PB questions

Ok.

Kevlar, just an offtopic question...

When you haven't used your PB account for, let's say, + 1 year, will it be deactived or removed ?

Thanks.
    [/url]

PB question

No, it won't be deactivated, since it is directly related to the CD Key of a specific game that the person buys. The only way though that I can check these things is to look if they had come onto a streaming server(to either PBB or PsB). That does leave some room for error, but they do stay "active" forever.

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

Re: PB questions

Question:

I been seeing a lot of PB kicks on a few COD2 servers and typically it is people who score really high... hmmm.

Typically the PB kick states 'loss packets... due to prior kick/ban' kind of saying it could be anything.

I also know that PB doesn't actually ban people for many hacks, but instead just kicks them.

So, is there a way to find out exactly what PB kicked a particular player for, rather than relying on the generic PB message that comes up?

The only ways to know what they were kicked for would be if the admin wrote in a description on why he was kicked into the ban log/rcon tool. Otherwise you can look at pbbans and search the player's name and have at least an idea.

These are kinda guesses since I have never played cod2 before. It seems strange that they do it where it's a kick for loosing packets and comes up with a prior kick/ban at the same time...

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

makes me really question it when the players kicked seem to be really amazing too. i'll try and grab a screen shot of it.

I don't think PBBans would register anything unless they were streaming to it. Unfortunately they aren't. I'll check with one of the admins to see if they can give me some insight.... thanks.

TRUSTED ASSOCIATE+ !AR!BlackHawk's Avatar
    ARMA-Games

There is no way of finding out why PunkBuster itself kicked a user. The fingerprints that PunkBuster uses to identify the violations are not known to the public and or organizations, although some people will claim so.

A kick for loosing packets just indicates that the client failed sending the information request by PunkBuster. Other words:

PunksBuster Server > Request MD5 Check Client > PunkBuster Client never responded to this request > Second request, third maybe > Kick.

This can have multiple reasons, a bad connection, a firewall or a hack that is interfering with the client side of punkbuster.

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

could be just someone's bad connection, but odd that ppl who seem to get kicked a lot also have high scores a lot of the time, considering their bad connection.

COD2 is quirky sometimes, it's amazingly easy to get kills on occasion while other times you feel like a sitting duck, thus adding to the difficulty of determining what is a reasonable k/d ratio.

my gut tells me something is going on when certain people are able to consistently aim w/in a spilt second at targets over 50 yards w/ a mg, then again it is a quirky game... then again, they get kicked and I've never been kicked for loss packets.

ARMA-Games

My bet would then indeed be that they are "using" something to block connection to pb.

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

how often during a game does PB check PnkBstrA & B?

do you know of a specific hack that does block PB? if so PM me the details.

ARMA-Games

tbh, I have no idea, I guess we should take the average of 2 /5 minutes between every request. But this can also be 10 mins, as there is no info on the scanning process of PB itself.

The hacks you would be looking for are hacks that are made "PB Proof", other words the cheats that have Screenshot cleaners, and detection prevention. Some of these cheats will end up with a #130000 range violation AKA: "PunkBuster Hack", but most programmers are smart enough to work around this by leaving punkbuster alown.

As a PBHACK violation can result in a hardware ban.