Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

HacHunters fun times ahead...

We're working on new stuff for HackHunters.

Part of what we're doing is working on getting our not-for-profit status, and setting things up for the next decade.

HackHunters will get a make over, and lots of new content including an emphasis on AntiCheat efforts, but it will also be part of a larger network of other efforts that will connect us with real world issues (things that can help people live a better, safer life), like road engineering (something I've been toying with on how to improve our roads and their interaction with pedestrians, bikes and the rest), and other learning efforts or whatever floats to the top.

It's taking time, but the wait will be worth it.

The not-for-profit will probably be a generic title with links to each effort, and will allow each effort to collect donations and perhaps allow us to hire individuals to run certain aspects of HackHunters.

BTW I am part of a Board of Directors for a not for profit group here in New York City that just got a law passed to make being a delivery bike rider a safer endeavor. The law now requires restaurants to provide bicycle lights, a helmet and a reflective vest for delivery people, some who can't speak english and have no idea what US laws are, therefore are a hazard to themselves and to others. Anyway at least these steps will make them much more visible at night.

Two of the other efforts (non-HackHunters) are well on their way (one has hundreds of YouTube subscribers already) as well and will be part of the overall group with HackHunters being our greatest effort, and certainly the most rewarding endeavor I've been a part of. I do believe with some diversity (although inherently related) will only help HackHunters reach a new level of appreciation from both gamers, but also the general public. This I think is instrumental to helping lay people understand our mission, as many of the other efforts are practical and worthy, and thus will lend credibility to this effort as well.

One of the other things I've been working on is learning Adobe Premiere Pro cs6, and I've pretty much got it down, so will begin to produce new videos for HackHunters. The things I can do now are pretty amazing and am excited to share my knowledge and results with the community. It only took a few months to get good at it so I hope you appreciate the effort when our new vids are released.

If you want to be part of this 'next generation' please let it be known. Cheers all and see you on the other side

You know I am in man just email or call me with anything that you need, I do not have allot of free time but what I do have I will defiantly help out.

Peace
    wOOdy-HH-
    Mayham Thats All We Want!!

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

Thanks as always wOOdy.

Well I'm slowly getting used to 3ds Max and am building a new 3D logo for HackHunters, so we can use it for the banner, video intros and other videos, and the base for our website design.

I've also registered a new domain name for our not-for-profit. You might wonder why I didn't just register HackHunters, well several reasons including staying anonymous, but also because HackHunters is part of a larger set of goals. This will put HackHunters at the top of the column of being a social connection with gamers, including our goal of having real gaming centers for youth to enjoy the fun we're all having. The other column bridges people between gaming fun and helping out in the real world. I have the domain name now and will post a link soon, which will have the mission statement and explain everything. It will, of course have a link to HackHunters, and a couple other sites I've been piecing together for this very launch.

For HackHunters future I really want to re-stress our AntiCheat mission, supported as usual by our love of gaming. In this respect I hope to develop a front page that has a few columns, one devoted to AntiCheat News, the other to up-coming games, and who knows what else. Our FaceBook fan page has also been a very easy way to share news and I'm hoping that the Gaming column news can be some sort of reflection of it, or perhaps a feed.

More to come.... post your thoughts.

Battlefield-Games

awesome!

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

Thanks GuNn3R.

Update: The 'nonprofit' website has been created and is up although it is 'under construction' until we get our not-for-profit business status fully registered. Mixing doing this and keeping on top of my own business and family, well you can imagine what comes first. But, with a board of directors, and hopefully 'real' contributions we might be able to hire consultants to do a variety of things, like write articles, post videos, add to our graphics database to pump some life back into these semi-flat tires of ours.

We also have a Twitter account for it, and a FaceBook fan page registered. The actual name of the nonprofit will continue to be withheld until everything is set and ready for release to the public. SMILES

Blog Entries
    AmericasArmy-Games

You know I am in. I haven't been around a lot due to internet connection problems,but still here. If you need anything, don't be shy and give me a shout.

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

Another component is now online and functional. It's even accepting members. It's a site that deals with real world issues 'on the road' so to speak.

Sorry I haven't been around, but there's yet one more piece i need to rebuild (it already exists, just needs to be reformatted to fit our overall theme), and then polish up HH…

I'll be making an announcement soon regarding our umbrella website, and the few satellites sites, and what all the changes mean for us in the long run.

Keep in touch, don't let my absence imply anything except we're hard at work to ensure HH is here to stay.

Battlefield-Games

Can you share the links?

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

Yes @GuNn3R thank for asking and being interested.

WhatCountsNow: http://whatcountsnow.org is our umbrella organization. This will be the 'head quarters' for all the micro communities.

ProjectRoadRush http://projectroadrush.freeforums.net is our road safety community, bringing the attitudes of HackHunters into the real world to make a difference where it counts, with saving lives.

KnowTheFundamentals: There's also Know The Fundamentals who's goal is to push for safety curriculum in schools, because it is obvious to me that too many people grow up without a basic or a valuable higher understanding of safety knowledge and attitude. Our hope there is not only to teach kids to be more aware, but to instill in them attitudes that will affect their approach if they become city planners or civil engineers. https://knowthefundamentals.wordpress.com

All of these sites have work to be done, as does HackHunters, but we are trying to set this up to become a legitimate not-for-profit that can accept corporate donations to allow us to afford writers, contributors, and other things to make each component highly respectable, reliable, and interesting/engaging.

Designed4Safety hopes to engage professional designers along side regular people from HackHunters, KnowTheFundamentals and ProjectRoadRush to come up with and design things that pertain to road safety.

And Centerz4Gamerz is an early concept of creating gaming centers for disadvantaged youth to bring to them 'computer skills,' good attitudes, gaming fun, camaraderie in much the same way as HackHunters and gaming clans are a community. To teach them computer skills, they would contribute to the graphics and content of HackHunters and our other sites, in exchange for free gaming time.

The last two do not have websites yet.

I think in all the names we chose there is a similarity, now for the design of each site we have to bring together a certain theme that works for each while tying them together as one network.

Battlefield-Games

wow pretty awesome there. I especially like the centers4gamerz idea. Thank you for sharing that greenbean. Are you building the sites from scratch or going with one like forumclan etc etc?

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

We're building them from usually from a template of some sort GuNn3R, although the content is what makes it work.

Unfortunately we really need a major sponsor to fund their web development, so we can hire graphics people and writers to make them alive, simply because I don't have unlimited amounts of time to do it myself.

I'm sure I mentioned this, but one goal is to link between our gaming world and the real world, in terms of acquiring computer skills that can be applied in the real world. I think that's a potential positive reward to being a part of HH for someone who hasn't decided what yet to do with their life.