Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

Crysis 2 (out now) is given a 9 rating-Amazing!

I highly recommend everyone check out the video review at IGN. Hopefully it will show us PC gamers that there's something else to do besides COD series games. Crysis 2 is a great story and the single player alone will be a great experience for anyone brave enough to give the Crysis franchise a try.

AntiCheat: We are still trying to determine what AntiCheat system they're using, and considering that there's no talk in the PB world I guess it's not PunkBuster.

<a href="http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/03/22...d=845452">More Crysis 2 Videos</a>

Blog Entries
    AmericasArmy-Games

Re: Crysis 2 (out now) is given a 9 rating-Amazing!

I am waiting to get this game when I get paid

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

I'm looking forward to the New York City scenes, but must admit this game is getting wildly differing opinions on whether it's good or not.

If I do get it I'll give it another two weeks as I"m sure they'll send out a patch based on complaints which every new game seems to have.

I'm still on the fence w/ BFBC2-Vietnam, MOH, and BlackOps... so many choices in such a short period of time.

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

Okay I picked up a copy of Crysis 2 and the single player is indeed amazing. Took me 3 days to finish it and on more than one occasion I thought the game was over but instead was treated to a visually stunning new chapter, again and again.

Here's the deal, while I probably won't be playing multiplayer for this game, reminds me of Quake too much, the single player is actually worth it... it's a 'ride of your life' type experience. Some battles I was able to easily blast through while others were more of a challenge, and I could complain about the aliens this time around, being ground based and not flying tenacle things which was pretty cool as in Crysis 1, and even the 'alien ships' looked more like earth bound types we might see in the near future, but despite those elements there is no game that could get me to laugh, , creep me out, get my heart pounding and just plain amaze me as does this game... like i said it's worth the experience, and I think I saw it for just $16 bucks.

The story (familiar to HL fans) and sequence of chapters is very well put together as are the graphic elements like maps, videos(except the very beginning where they used real life video of NYC) and other effects, as well as the actual game play. There are scenes that I'd say you don't want to miss, like what happens to central park, or how buildings look when the elevation of mahattan goes haywire.

Finally, while it isn't a perfect depection of NYC, it does give you the sence of it and some of it's parts, like Wall Street, Grand Central Station, Battery Park, Mid-town, City Hall, Roosevelt Island and a few bridges to boot, all captured with stunning visual effects.

If you have the computer, and if you're playing BF3 you probably do, if you have the few bucks and the time, then pick it up.

I will certainly be making it part of the Game Giveaway just so a few more of us conventional gamers can see what's happening in a very different virtual world.