Thread: SOPA and PIPA

SOPA and PIPA

Well this is a serious issue that needs to be address here in the US, please take few minutes and watch the videos and read up on this.

Protect IP Act

Out Internet

Innovate, don't legislate. Stop SOPA & PIPA

Read the Following article.
    http://www.heritage.org/research/rep...ls-in-congress

I have read these bills and there just is not enough positives in these bills for anyone to support them, I have been in the web design and hosting business for many years now and these bills would limit what I could use and could not use in designing a website.
    I have 4 server boxes with 3,942 websites at this time hosted on them.
    Also I have a large interest in a multi hosting company covering 4 countries, owning 30% of this company would most certainly put a huge strain on my company and my clients.

Let us take Hack Hunters for example let say you watch a movie and that movie was great and you want to share trailers or even small clips on your personal website and/or here for example, or you add a video link like the above and the maker of the video or the sponsors of the video or even the musician of the music playing in the background does not like it on your website they can contact the server company hosting your website and have it removed or your account suspended till you remove it.
    These bills are ridiculous and should not even be in congress the entertainment industry made an estimated profit of 7.9 trillion dollars from 2004 to 2010 how much money they need.

Some of the largest companies have joined in on the fight to stop these bills like, Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, Facebook, Twitter, Cisco, Wikipedia these are just a few of the companies that are saying these will not work to stop piracy, like I said how much money does the entertainment industry need.
    Stop these bills If you do not want to give up the freedom you have enjoyed on the internet up till now then sign the petition below also contact local Senator or representative and tell them how you feel about it and let them know you do not want them to vote on these bills.
    But if you would like to give-up your freedom and let the government and the entertainment industry control what you can and cannot do on the internet then by all mean don not sign it or contact them.

Sign Petition

Connect With Your Senator

I am a member of:

Thank for reading and your support.
    wOOdy
    Mayham Thats All We Want!!

I FULLY AGREE WITH STOPPING THESE THINGS! I sent a letter thing(lied to be American ). Many things like youtube(clips), facebook(pics and text), WIKIPEDIA(the FREE encyclopedia) could be ruined(couse they all contain stuff someone made and these acts call upon anti-piracy laws). The web will not be a same place.

Also congress guys are not thinking of the rest of the world. Blocking these sites will KILL the internet in smaller states(like Serbia).

This forum, as funny as that may sound, will become 100% censured. Every thread, post or comment contains something which represents our ideas, basically if i wanted to spread someones idea i will not be able on the accusation of piracy, and therefore i cant spreed the idea of stopping cheaters!

p.s. NICE FORUM, SORRY I DIDNT POST I WAS AWAY love ya all
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by MrDikov View Post
    I would like more specifics
    The only thing I can tell you is go read the bills, 170 million people can not be wrong.

Peace
    wOOdy
    Mayham Thats All We Want!!

The bill's will not go through.

The Obama Administration does not support it.

End of story.

Carry on

Not to mention that the sponsers for the bills have both dropped them. They are now dead.

Credit to GeneralAce100

"Step your game up guys... Show me guys that I didn't make a mistake.  Show me that your worth counting on.  Show me that you can do, what we do." - Melfice_Elstang