SIGNATURES: Request Help Here

Lo guys, I need some help with an animated gif (for my signature)

I currently have one, but I'd like to let some sentences (slowly) 'flash', I mean it switches to the other sentence, then switches back, etc etc.

Can anyone provide me with some help ? I'll post the pic then.

I've read ur topic bean, and it's nice, but I can't seem to figure this one out since it's with text...

cheers
    [/url]

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

Re: Need help with sig.

So I take it you have both PhotoShop and ImageReady?

Just type your text in PhotoShop so that each phrase is in a separate layer... once you have all the layers you want/need, then switch to Image Ready... add a 2nd frame and turn off any layers you don't need in the 2nd frame, then continue to add frames making adjustments as needed.

Making phrases turn on and off is quite easy... what you have to do, in order to make them fad in and out is to adjust the transparency for each frame. First frame 100%, 2nd=80%, 3rd=60% and so on down to zero. While you are making one phrase fad out you can have another one (which is in a separate layer) fade in.

You can even '****' the text using the arrow keys for every frame to make it appear to move.

Nope mate, I only have Adobe Photshop Elements 2.0 . Will that do the trick, ya think ?

thnx
    [/url]

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

ahhh, now that might be an issue. I'll look into it and see if there is another way for you to do it. In the mean time check out GIMP, see if that has any features (posted in our Sig Tutorial).

My goal is first to try and get you set up so you can do this yourself... if it doesn't work then I help you make one myself.

I will look into GIMP today, I hope that will help.

Yesterday, I tried to see if I could do it myself, and add some layers. Problem is; my current sig has only 1 layer, and when I clone it , it's still 1 layer... so the problem is: I dunno the hex codes for that typeface/color.

And indeed, as you said, I should do it myself, so I can learn, but I think I'll need help on this one, lol .

my sig:

Thnx for the help, bean .
    cheers
    Last edited by GreenBean-HH-; 02-02-2016 at 01:26 PM.
    [/url]

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

The trick with cloning into a new layer:

1st add a new layer, then select the old layer and Alt-Click on the area that you want to clone FROM. Then go back into the new layer and start laying down the image...

But an easier way might be to 'select all' then copy/paste which should automatically create a new layer with the entire image.... then click on the 'eye' to turn off the background layer... then select (lasso tool) and delete anything you don't want in your new layer.

With the sig you are showing, what do you want to happen... tell me everything you hope to see. Sig looks great btw.

I want the 'support staff' to alternate with 'Cheat Managing' & with 'Map Reviewer' . So the sentences actually 'flash', showing the other words evry time again... errrr you understand what I mean ? lol

I know it's pretty vague but I dunno how to describe it

As for the lasso: it didn't work, I hav lil knowledge with PS etc..

cheers 4 the help
    [/url]

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

Sounds easy enough... got a couple of questions:

is this a standard sig for DMW?
    if not, did you put it together?

You don't know what font that is? If not I will have to change it to something similar that I have on my computer.

Do you have the original image used for the background (i.e., can you find it and link to it)?
    Last edited by GreenBean-HH-; 02-02-2016 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBean HH
    Sounds easy enough... got a couple of questions:

is this a standard sig for DMW?

You don't know what font that is? If not I will have to change it to something similar that I have on my computer.

Do you have the original image used for the background (i.e., can you find it and link to it)?
    Yes it will be the standard sig (and it is) as our new product, DMW PRO, will be out soon (check AC directory for more info).
    I did not put it together, I wish I culd lol

I do not know what font it is.... I'll ask the guy who made this and ask him to send me it w/o the text.

Cheers for the help m8.
    Last edited by GreenBean-HH-; 02-02-2016 at 01:27 PM.
    [/url]