SECURITY 3: Firewall

Be sure to see our TABLE OF CONTENTS for links to every category in this Computer Tech Board

SECURITY 3: Firewall
    • GhostWall
    • ZoneAlarm Free Firewall
    • Sygate Personal Firewall 5.6
    • Online Armor 3.0.0.190
    • Comodo Firewall Pro 3.0

GhostWall

Description:

GhostWall is a firewall which allows you to restrict the communications between your computer and others. Unlike other firewalls which have forgotten their main role, GhostWall is simply a firewall, mainly designed to replace the standard Microsoft firewall with better features and performance. GhostWall is completely free, so why not give it a try like thousands of others. GhostWall runs on Windows XP, 2000, 2003, XP64.

Click Here >>> GhostWall

ZoneAlarm Free Firewall

Description:

ZoneAlarm Free Firewall blocks hackers from infiltrating your home PC by hiding your computer from unsolicited network traffic. By detecting and preventing intrusions, ZoneAlarm Free Firewall keeps your PC free from viruses that slow down performance, and spyware that steals your personal information, passwords, and financial data.

[/url]

Blank thread #3

Sygate Personal Firewall 5.6

Description:

Sygate Personal Firewall is a freeware. It provides best of breed security in a user friendly interface, protecting your PC from hackers, trojans and DoS attacks. New features include full-ICS support, protocol driver level protection, enhanced logging, and more. Sygate Personal Firewall is a personal firewall to offer protection from malicious code intrusions, keeping the information on your PC safe and private.

url][/center]
    [/url]

Re: SECURITY / Firewall

PC Tools Firewall Plus

Biggest piece of.... yeah.

Crashes my PC every time I open CoD. Doesn't even give me the Allow/Block option.
    Xfire: SaintChapple

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky
    PC Tools Firewall Plus

Biggest piece of.... yeah.

Crashes my PC every time I open CoD. Doesn't even give me the Allow/Block option.
    Mmmmm maybe you're girlfriend wants you to stop playing COD and she played with your firewall's settings to have your game crashed each time you try to open it.

Okay, I'll try to be serious now....

Well, generally I've test personnaly most of the softwares before submitting infos / links and of course I've read also on different forums infos, evaluation site, ... By most I mean something like 60-70%. For the rest, my choices are mostly based on reviews, friends, colleagues, ...

In a case like the firewall thread, I was planning to put here only or mostly the ones that got a good ratings on the Matousec test site and also on other evaluation sites.

(For the moment the Matousec Test is one of the most popular evaluation tool on many sites.)

http://www.matousec.com/projects/fir...ewalls-ratings

After reading your post, it's clear I'll make tests on my side asap.

So THX for posting about your problem Spanky because it's clear my wish is to suggest only good tools to our members and visitors.

Online Armor 3.0.0.190

Description:

Online Armor Personal Firewall--the first free firewall to pass 100% of leak tests out of the box. Online Armor is a powerful personal firewall, with HIPS and a host of other security features to keep your PC clear of infections and running smoothly. Online Armor is designed to be easy to use for beginners and offers powerful performance.

Version 3.0.0.190 includes revised GUI, support for Windows Vista 32 bit, and increased performance.

Comodo Firewall Pro 3.0

Description:

• Complete protection from Hackers, Spyware, Trojans and Identity theft
    • Host Intrusion Prevention System stops malware from being installed [NEW]
    • Clean PC Mode registers your current applications then will allow only applications that you approve to be installed on your computer [NEW]
    • Malware Scan Feature checks your computer for viruses, spyware and trojans before you install Comodo Firewall Pro [NEW]
    • Free Download. No charges or license fees ever.

Like I said, I tried some tests with PC tools Firewall Plus. My problems were not the same than Spanky but I've had to deal with error messages or other minor problems so......

Maybe they will have eventually an upgrade with the problems fixed but in the meantime, the link is no more in the thread.

O3CT