Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

PB: PBBans.com (PB supported games + BFBC2)

Click on Banner to link directly to PBBans. The following information is from PBBans.

PBBans is the PunkBuster multi-stream and live banning pioneers. We offer server administrators the ability to stream to multiple anti-cheat sites by using the revolutionary PBBans Hub, which features live banning, live banlist updates, live ban removals and much more.

Setting up your server(s) to stream to PBBans is extremely easy and usually only takes 15 minutes or less from the time you apply until your server is streaming! We highly encourage you to start streaming today as the more servers stream, the harder it will be for cheaters to find servers they can join. To get started streaming to PBBans simply follow our Starter Guide.

FEATURES of the PBBans Hub:
    The PBBans Hub is ideal for streaming public servers and is quite easy to set up, even for inexperienced server admins. We currently offer many features in the Hub
    • Multi-streaming support. Now you can stream to PBBans while keeping your current streaming preference.
    • All log data is parsed in real time as they are recieved.
    • Ban and UnBan commands are sent to all servers connected to the Hub as they are recieved. 1
    • Feature flag system to customize features you wish to enable or disable.
    • Generic CVAR Scanning allows scanning of cheats that use custom prefixes. 2
    • Hub Greetings allows a custom message to be sent to your server when you join. 1 2
    • Join Greeting allows a custom message to be sent to your server when a player joins. 1 2
    • Log Forwarding to other supported Anti-Cheat sites. 4
    • Setup options include FTP or RCON 3

• 4 Currently AON, ACI, and AAGUID are supported.

HAS A PLAYER BEEN BANNED? QUICK CHECK: You can check from their home page a player's GUID to see if they've been banned before, or, check to see if the server you're playing on is streaming PBBans. Click on image to link.

To find someone's GUID for COD4, click HERE. For Americas Army click HERE. You will need the players name. For other games the player can supply it to you by typing /pb_myguid in console.

• Call of Duty, COD2, COD4;
    • Crysis;
    • Doom3;
    • Enemy Territory & ET: Quake Wars;
    • F.E.A.R;
    • Frontlines FOW
    • MOH: Airborne;
    • Need for Speed Pro Street;
    • PREY;
    • Quake 3 Arena, Q4;
    • Rainbow Six Ravenshield, Vegas & Vegas 2;
    • Return to Castle Wolfenstein;
    • Soldier of Fortune 2;
    • WarRock;

http://www.pbbans.com/information.php?page=pbssguide

All that is streamed to PBBans is the MD5 hash (digital fingerprint) of every pbss taken on every server so that if a server admin submits a pbss as evidence of cheating, it can be verified as genuine/untampered by cross referencing the MD5 hash.

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

Re: PBBans

A quote I found on another forum when asking yourself whether or not you should be streaming:

"Now think about it:

Its just one week or 10 days since PBHub is here and we have caught 3 hackers! Now just think about it, how many hackers wud have visited b4 pbhub was here??

But thnx to Uni for suggesting this PBHub!!"

Server Streaming

WOW guys just got our servers streaming threw PBBAN and man there were like 4 people denied the first hour we were playing tonight they were on the MBL list and they got kicked befor they even got in.
    Anyone not streaming there server threw this network is crazy we had allot of fun tonight with some honest hard plaers.

As always though I will keep my EYE's open and demos running.

Thanks

-DM
    Mayham Thats All We Want!!

Go PBBans!!!

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

Ever wondered how PBBans came to be ?
    Ever wondered how an anti cheat site works ?
    Ever wondered what RodeoBob sounds like in real life ?

An in depth interview with PBBans co-founder RodeoBob over at www.bashandslash.com

Click here for the interview:
    http://bashandslash.com/index.php?op...=290&Itemid=69

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

PBBans Donation Drive

Help if you can! From PBBans:

Hello All,

PBBans is seeking the assistance of our supporters. Our growth over the last year has propelled us to nearly 5,500 servers currently streaming. Because of this growth, so do the bandwidth requirements, server limitations, etc. and unfortunately this isn't free. We would like to continue to expand our services and offer the community an even wider array of tools to keep your servers clean. PBBans is a non-profit organization and we survive solely on donations from our faithful supporters.

We need to purchase a new server blade for a database server. We are looking to raise an additional $1,500. Any donation, no matter how small helps us to keep on top of all things required to keep PBBans as a premiere Anti-Cheat site.

We have a PayPal link on our main web page http://www.pbbans.com/ (listed as Make A Donation) or you can click here.

Anyone who has been with PBBans for any length of time will attest to the fact that its not often you see the begging bowl getting passed around. Your donations will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!!

The PBBans Team

Just an update to the donation drive!

UPDATE!!

THANK YOU ALL!

Without a doubt, we have set a RECORD!

$1,530 raised in just under 19 hours!!!!!

The PBBans Team would like to say thank you for your speedy response to our needs. Just as a reminder, PBBans survives solely on donations and the addition of this new equipment will raise our monthly expenditures. We ask that you keep us in mind and donate when you can to help us with our operations expenditures.

Will be donating at the end of the month, great to see such support

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

Announcement:

All PBBans Streaming Game Admins must update their Profile as an extra security measure at PBBans. If you are a registered SGA, please read this thread for more details. http://www.pbbans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=64562

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

If you are streaming PBBans, teach everyone on your server these two steps in recording a Demo: /record cheater and /stoprecord by putting a message on your server. Since PBBans accepts demo recordings, you can even have guests help you keep your server free of cheaters.

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

enforce EBL bans feature

Quote Originally Posted by PBBans fozzer
    Hi all
    Just a quickie to let everyone know of a new PBBans feature that can be enabled via account manager.
    There is a new flag that can be checked;
    "enforce EBL bans"
    This feature will keep anyone on any external banlist out of your server.
    It is completely "live" and is self updating.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadWarrior
    The flag is applicable if you stream to PBBans.com and are a current SGA there, with a streaming server to the PBBans services. You'll find the option in your AccCP, or Account Control Panel, on the PBBans homepage, and can add it there. There's no icon to click to get this ban-list to update, just a simple check for a flag-option in the above stated.

Suggested Flags for Streaming
    I suggest having at least these 3 flags activated in PBBans Streaming:

Enforce Bans (and don't have on the "Accept" ban flags)
    • This makes it so that your server doesn't have a bloated ban list that it has to search through every time somebody connects, it lets the hub search quickly and add the ban to your ban list, and BAM, he's gone!

Enforce EBL Bans
    • This flag enforces bans from other AC's ban lists, meaning that more hackers will be stopped from being in your server

Enable Hub Bind Queries
    • This flag allows PBBans to send bind queries to your server so that you can see people that may be using hack binds and will be banned from the server

Thanks for putting this up. I had done this last week after you suggested it to me and works great.

Thx for the great suport guy´s And a Happy New Year
    <br /><br />

Good Day HackHunters!!

Appreciate the great work and support.

<br />

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

Re: PB: PBBans (OPEN AGAIN)

As you may of heard Aug. 18, 2009 PBBans had a DDos Attack which was resolved... Here is their announcement of their return August 28, 2009:

You can read the thread about the ddos attack HERE

LIVE FROM NEW YORK - ITS PBBANS.

Welcome back everyone; we hope you have enjoyed your time off. We have been extremely busy behind the scenes in preparing the servers and arranging for their shipment to the new host. Our servers have finished their long journey from Los Angeles and now up and running at their new home in New York City. As you can see we are online ahead of schedule thanks to the speedy install from our host and the servers arriving a day early. The PBBans Hub is online and is running smoothly. We will be updating all of our documentation to reflect the new Hub info over the next few days.

Please update your server&#39;s config files now to get your server streaming!

Be sure to check that your servers are streaming http://www.pbbans.com/account/index.php
    New hub profile information can be found http://www.pbbans.com/info-center-hubguide.html
    New Webtool can be found http://www.pbbans.com/account/webtool.php

If your servers were streaming but now are not, we would be happy to help you getting it streaming once again. Contact one of the Staff members today in our IRC channel: http://www.pbbans.com/irc/index.php

We received a great outpouring of support during our time of need and we want to express our sincerest thanks to those that donated, continue to donate and to those that offered to help. I also want to thank Art of War Central and Wolf Servers who provided a temp hosting solution for our status site.

The DDoS that was directed towards PBBans overwhelmed our previous host&#39;s network.. We were facing a dire situation. Our host failed to provide adequate protection for our servers and the DDoS stayed strong for several days. PBBans had struggled with the possibility that we would have to shut down. The key factors that we had to consider was obviously the DDoS, the very poor support that we were receiving from our host, and the amount of funds that we had on hand to facilitate moving to a new host. We have seen a couple of posts on other sites stating that this was all a PR stunt or a drive to pull cash into PBBans. I assure you that this was the furthest from the truth. In fact, if it weren&#39;t for the donations that we have received over the last week, we wouldn&#39;t be where we are today.

I want to personally thank everyone that have stuck with us, donated their time/funds, those kind words of support posted on our forums (http://www.pbbans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=100302), and a special thanks goes out to MaydaX for all his hard work keeping PBBans running smoothly....and hanging on for another ride.

Thanks again,

RodeoBob

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

Re: PB: PBBans

Is PBBans website down?

Any info is appreciated.

Re: PB: PBBans

Their twitter says that they are being hit by DDoS attacks again, but they were also supposed to have scheduled maintenance on the power at the data center this morning, so I think both may be contributing to them being down.

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

Re: PB: PBBans.com (PB supported games + BFBC2)

All running smoothly again

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

While PBBans seems to be up and running smoothly I'm still having an issue connecting sometimes...

Here's what I think is going on, to see if anyone else is having the same problem or can offer insight:
    I go to their website, login, and try to use the MPI but the page doesn't load, then none of the pages load. I think if I try to login from both the Mac side and PC side of my computer that the site blocks me, unless I remember to log off... that's my guess.

Anyone having issues like this where the pages don't load?

It's making it extremely difficult to review our apps we get.

add these IP's to your Host file on a PC it is found in

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts (open HOSTS with a text editor)

then add these lines
    (Edit asked to remove by PBBANS staff so have)
    That should do the trick

These are my views & not necessarily the views of Hack Hunters

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

i'll check that out, thanks for the tip.