BF3 Beta In... PB Out?? (patch notes beta)

I downloaded the Battlefield 3 BETA. I'm loving it. Big time. Amazing Graphics, super fun to play. I'm not the best in the world at it, but I am already getting better at it, as I have never played any of the battlefields before. lol

I know its a beta version and there are still lots that needs to get fixed up (For instance if you dive onto the ground sometimes you end up going through it and its a pain getting back out) But, I heard a rumor that the Punk buster is not set up yet.
    I mean, I have been playing in games where I was clearly sitting behind a big ol' rock
    And when I was getting hit, my marker was actually coming from a direction that was beyond the rock.

Not to mention the guys who were just running through the map and would finish like 43 8 who in kill cam I would see just running up to all sorts of hiding spots, corners and just some spots where I don't think you would normally check to find someone and just gunning them down and running to the next person.

Are there ALREADY hackers in this, or is it just because its beta and some objects are buggy or am I missing something in my gameplay?

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

Re: BF3 Beta In... PB Out??

Hey Foust,

Yeah there is a bit of talk about glitches in the current beta map, but also knowledge that this beta was an early version of the game which they had to release earlier to xbox360 team (microsoft) so they could review it, meaning that the version the developers are working on right this moment is probably a lot more sound than the beta you're gaming on. Hopefully at release it'll fall into place.

I know for BattleField Bad Company 2 there were no areas were you could see through the map, but then again you can't lay down in BFBC2. Still I've seen vids of that rock you mention and it is such a glaring mistake I'm sure they'll fix it.

There are 2 things to remember with the BF series, you can tag an enemy which puts an orange triangle above your head if an enemy spots and tags you, and 2nd if it's like BFBC2 you might yell something which will give your position away and not be aware that you were speaking (I hope they've fixed this to at least let you hear what your character is saying).

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

Re: BF3 Beta In... PB Out?? (Patch Notes)

PunkBuster:

Announced Tuesday August 23rd, 2011 at www.evenbalance.com

Electronic Arts Inc. has contracted with Even Balance, Inc. to integrate PunkBuster™ Anti-Cheat software into Battlefield 3™. We will soon be opening a section on our website to support PunkBuster™ for Battlefield 3.

Battlefield 3 Beta Patch Notes #1

EA and DICE have released a set of patch notes containing changes that will be made to the final version of Battlefield 3 as a result of the beta.

This is the first set of notes with more to be released as the beta continues.

Fixed occasional client crash when reviving.
    Fixed killcam showing glitched area under map if your killer is dead.
    Issue with spawning on dead squad mates fixed.
    Fixed a bug where shooting at a moving enemy could cause more than the intended amount of damage.
    Crosshairs for shotguns have been replaced with a new, thinner, art.
    A subtle low health screen effect has been added.
    Tweaked scores of Medals and Service Stars.
    Tweaked the Rank progression.
    Pushing prone on console will not play the animation twice.
    Fixed loss of Squad Leader after EOR at some times.
    Framerate stability fixes.
    The 3D spotting icons has been tweaked to better match the target’s visibility. Icons will show frequently less on mostly obscured targets.
    Fixed issue with crosshair disappearing after round transition.
    Fixed issue with crosshair disappearing after trying to deploy while the countdown timer still active.
    Squad list now shows specializations chosen, VOIP activity and dead squad mates.
    Non working options in squad menu fixed: “Private” flag and “Switch Teams”.

These changes will not be made in the beta, only in the final version of the game.

source: EGMNow