Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

Brother's In Arms HH for $5

STeam and UbiSoft are practically giving away games this week, today being the last day to pick up BIA:HH for $5 and the other two titles for just $2.50 each.

Sorry I didn't know about it earlier. Last night I got FarCry2 for $5... not a bad game at all.

www.steampowered.com

while you're there, join our group

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

Re: Brother's In Arms HH for $5

Just finished BIA:HH and I have to say I recommend this game. The special is over and it's back at $14. It's still worth the money.

There are a lot of cut scenes, to tell a story, but overall it's a great experience that is graphically rich, not like old WWII games, and not quite like new generation games, but pretty great none the less.

So, for my about 10 hours of game play at the $5 I paid, that's .50 cents per hour. I doubt there is any multiplayer left for this game but the single player tells a great story about what it is to be a soldier.

What I didn't like:
    -3rd person when driving a tank.
    -graphic icons which were too bright, but these can be turned off in an advanced level.
    -sometimes directing your squad can be iffy, like when you tell them to suppress the enemy but instead accidently tell them to charge right into fire.
    -maybe too many cut scenes... too bad you couldn't interact in some of them instead of just sitting there watching them.

What I liked:
    -you lose a squad member he's gone... dead, making it harder for you to accomplish your mission.
    -ability to direct your squad to suppress the enemy and outflank them.
    -graphically rich environments and characters.
    -good linear story with lots of experiences, on the ground, in the air, in jeeps and the like, although besides the tank you don't get to drive anything, and many/most of these great experiences are given as cut scenes.
    -good voice acting and characters.
    -good OST (Original Sound Track.

To see the quality, skip the video trailer but instead look at the screen shots.