Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

new hack on the market?

I don't know about other bfbc2 players, but there seems to be a possible rash of new cheaters online storming typically quiet, friendly and fair playing servers.

The other night while gaming I came across that funny feeling of never seeing it coming, my death. Somehow no matter where i went, and sometimes hid, I was quickly discovered and killed. Besides suspecting a wall hack, many times a gun would seem to lock on to me as all the hits, even from a distance would actually hit. Typically a gun will bounce a little while fired and some of the bullets will miss, again from a distance of 100 yards or more. I'd be hiding behind a rock, or hill and sometimes the shooter would be running right at me, not like most of the time where a gamer would notice me and then turn in a sudden (and expected) surprise move.

Anyway, so I check out one guy on PBBans, who's score for a typical rush game was over 100 kills and about 12 deaths. When I discover he had previous bans I ask, 'so are you cheating?' He responded by saying, 'thank you for thinking so' and to my surprise about 4 other players jumped in and defended him saying 'he's great,' 'I know him and he doesn't cheat,' and 'he's pro...' which confirmed my other suspicion that they were gaming together.

Anyway without making too big a deal about it, and others also noting their suspicions, the cheater continued to play silent to the comments, and then left with his buddies after the round.

This stresses my old point that you can ban someone you think is dominating a game, ruining the fun for the majority. If you don't have proof that he's cheating, you don't have to stand around and let your server become ruined with gamers leaving just because PB hasn't caught the person yet. I also stand by, if the person is dominating one round, let them play a couple more rounds. If he/she continues to dominate you can just ban them, if you like. It's the Admin's choice as their interest probably lie in the fun of the game and the good of the clan and it's members, and not with some stranger who is content to dominate the server.

The server was streaming PB and PBBans.

So, do you agree about banning for dominating players?

Have you noticed that gaming isn't as fun lately, and at the same time certain players always seem to locate you?

The individual that I did a quick background check had owned 3 bfbc2 keys. All of them had one game name for each key. None were linked to any other games. 2 of the GUIDs were banned for Aimbots, the third he/she was using was 'clean'. Even if the keys weren't linked, which they were, how does someone with no gaming history get a 100+/12 k/d ratio, and how did so many apparent strangers on the server know and want to defend him/her?

It was a messed up round, and afterward the game returned to normal with a normal bell curve of scores by everyone.

With this stuff going on, how many feel the server admin rights should be given to more clan members, so they can implement quicker bans? I say, take a demo to show the clan, ban the person and let them appeal, rather than let a cheater get away with potentially ruining the reputation of the server and clan.

Re: new hack on the market?

this is a cheating scenario,but...

see those pics i posted in "making a name for oursealfs"... every game i dominate server every game they report me every day aIW admins look at my demos... never banned allways skill. there are exeptional players GB maybe even in bfbc.

i dont think players should be banned for dominateing it is imposible to hold back, what should i do every, 15ks let someone kill me

there should be a server setup, like servers only for noobs or only for pros. or limited by level, like mw2 on automatch, on original(so i heard) on p1 you will never get paird up with p10(not the case on aIW).

and in the end i think weaker players should play against stronger ones, LEARN THINK TRY TO OUTSMART BECOME BETTHER!

p.s. i nuke every game i want to.

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

personally i think that if a player is really fantastic, and that's what we're talking about, then they should buy their own server and not dominate in someone else's home. I say ban them! But then again I don't own a server so, never mind.

sorry but stand by my statement. If you were on my server and you were dominating I'd warn you. If you ignored it and thus ruin the fun for other gamers, then I'd ban you.

Ap3x-Pr3dator

GB,
    It's not about proof at that point, as a server owner who streams to ACI & GGC, I can honestly say I Ban For this all the time and the regulars who play on my server know this, and appreciate the effort.
    No one comes to play to be dominated, and a good server owner will not tolerate such players.

a good server owner will not tolarete good players you say? i must say that this is the strangest thing i ever heard!

fps games are competitive games, just like all else! imagine a game of football where both teams hold back, not fun nor exiting. Team 1 trys their best to win, so does team 2, so do the good players of both teams(hell, even the bad ones try hard). imagine taking away the effort or the skill, game becomes booring, server becomes boring people dont play on it.

i encourage good players, hardcore players(but not that youtube-quickscope type) makes the game faster, dynamic, hader and more fun! after you lose a game, you say to your self "oh how im gonna kick that guys *** next round" and when you do you are happy, you get the fealing of joy of victory! is that not why we play games?

just come and play CoD4 here: 217.26.75.202:28970 every player will look like he is hacking but noone is(GGC stream)!

btw GB, if you play cod4, send me a ip to any server you play on, i want to show you some domination :

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

right on Pr3dator,

If they are so good as to dominate all the time, then they are on the wrong server and need to find one where they can compete equally with people of their skill level, or at least if that's what their internet connection and/or computer juice allows them to do... they can find a server that is more suited to their level and quit spoiling the fun for others.

hell, I used to ease up, and still do if I'm starting to dominate, why the heck would I want to chase away the gamers that are allowing me to have so much fun in the first place.

GB,
    I love having folks in my server, and your exactly right.
    Not one gamer comes to play to have his *** handed to him repeatedly.
    I am known for balancing teams not only in number but also balancing the skilled players.

I don't really expect them to hold back, but I do expect fair and honest game-play, I also watch for players that have too many "perfect" rounds, or rounds with a higher then usual FR repeatedly.

I am providing a honest and fun gaming environment for my guests and doing it to the best of my ability, and it does pay off, when my server is full it tends to stay that way and that puts a smile on my face.

"I also watch for players that have too many "perfect" rounds"

what does "perfect" mean? there are perfect players out there, dont connect them to cheats or look down with suspicion on them just bc they play good!

damn looks like im forbidden on your server than

one of these days i will buy AA and join you! i feel that u will ban me many times! i will not hold back. btw i looked for the game at "games" store and they dont order it... i will have to order it online!

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

what does "perfect" mean? there are perfect players out there, dont connect them to cheats or look down with suspicion on them just bc they play good!
    You seem to be missing a couple of points here AsicsKoki so here they are:

You can play perfect if you like and dominate other players on a consistent basis, that doesn't mean you cheat. But, you are not paying for the server (typically if we're talking about dedicated servers) and those who are, typically a clan, can call the shots as to how it is run and that includes kicking/banning anyone they feel like and for any reason. It is their server and I suspect most Admins are trying to create a fair and balanced game for all their guests (in order to attract more players and keep the server populated), not just you and probably not just their own clan members. Whatever mood they want to establish is their choice, not yours. If they feel that some player is spoiling the mood of the game(s) then they should take action, especially if people are leaving in droves. They certainly don't want to get the reputation of being a 'not so fun' server. Don't you think?

The 'me' 'me' 'me' is out and the 'we' is in, especially in games like BFBC2.

Now I've played on servers where the owner was constantly dominating every player. It wasn't that fun, and I remember his/her game name for it, so I know when to leave a server if he/she shows up.

Finally, no one said that Domination means Cheating... that's something you brought up.

What we are saying is you can ban for those who repeatedly dominate if you're the server owner and you so choose, and you should obviously ban, since you brought it up, for cheating too.

And, if I run into you and you constantly kill me to prove just how great you are, I'll say 'fantastic player you are' and leave.

you got me in that last sentance bro!

nah il let you kill me couple of times

i didnt bring up cheating, predator did with the "" marks, that means sarcasm right?

How is PBBans and PsB doing to get this new cheat off the field??
    what are the token actions?
    Are they working on an Cvar already?

Blog Entries
    AmericasArmy-Games

I understand your thoughts on this. But I have to disagree here. Yes, the owner pays for the server and has the final choice. But banning a player who seems to be dominating constantly but without having any sort of proof or just because you have a nudge. I would consider this wrong, he probably dominates because he plays, plays, and plays some more till he or she know the game for every detail.

I wouldn't ban anyone for being good. Especially without proof. To me its like the law. Innocent to proven guilty.