Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

Clan Website Review OFFER

As a special thanks to you and your clan, HackHunters will assess your clan's website noting its strengths and weaknesses, to give you an honest opinion you can use to polish things up and therefore attract more like-minded gamers into your clan.

This is us saying thanks for supporting HackHunters for the last 2 years, and a way we can help you make your community a strong representative in the gaming and anti cheat world. We can't think of a better way to fight cheaters than by making everyone in your clan part of the solution. We know you're out there day after day keeping a watch on things with little thanks for your effort. Well here's your thank you from us for all your effort.

Just post your clan's website URL and a way for us to contact you via email.

If you are a member of HackHunters and would like to help review clan website, post your interest here as well. Thanks peeps.

Blog Entries
    AmericasArmy-Games

Re: Clan Website Review OFFER

For starters, www.taw.net and you can contact me at blackhawk@theartofwarfare.net, any other websites I would like to help out as well and give a honest oppinion towards how to improve it or better it.

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

Well Moreno I've decided to post it here as perhaps an incentive for others to take me up on the offer. Might take a week or two to get to it but the review might make a big difference, especially if you want to be a successful clan.

HOME PAGE:
    Like the color theme, but maybe gray background could be a subtle gradation from gray to orange (like a sunset, orange at bottom) to compliment the blues of the site.

BANNER: great.

DROP DOWN MENUs: great.

SLIDESHOW: fantastic.

like the TAW SHOP ad.
    I would add Server Banners to the home page or some other content as there is a lot of empty gray space... something that shows the depth of your clan, like UNITS, or other tidbits but it doesn't mean you have to fill every square inch... your look is pretty solid but just needs a little bit of counterpoint to make it pop.

Be great if the banner was flash and changed in some way every 5 to ten seconds.

Drop down menus seem to stick open when moving the cursor over them... they should pop closed if the cursor isn't on them.

UNITS: i like this very much.

I think you have so much footage that you could create a demo reel for the Home Page to highlight the vast community you've created, all the games, all the units, the people.

thinking of a backdrop (I'm referring to your GRAY background that is consistent throughout the site) i think of that scene of Band of Brothers where the sky is the gray, the bottom black and the soldiers are silhouettes, behind the soldiers is orange sky (maybe reddish to echo a war theme... fading into gray above.
    the silhouettes can be any type of soldier and in fact might reflect the different types of games you all play if you really want to get creative. the above image is very textured, unlike your site, but your banner has a bit of that... the bottom could pick up on the style of your banner.

Community>Server link: this info really shows how big TAW is and formatted and styled correctly would look great on the home page. I don't know why every other server is 'blue in italics'... if you want to distinguish the rows just change the color, don't do the italics as it seems more like a sub-category of the gray listing.

FORUMS:
    I really like how the links stay the same from the Home Page to the forum.

POSTS: Actual post response format looks great, easy to read because of the white background and blue break, sigs not out of control... all good. Very easy to navigate except maybe the pages (1, 2, 3...) numbers are a bit small but not exactly bad either.

BOARDS: It took me a while to see general topics, humor boards, etc. At first i thought everything was just a list of Game Topics. I'd suggest a division of two, one for games and one for other topics, that might help.

Like the profile pages too. Great to see a person's history like for TBone.

Have no idea how many members TAW has since I can't find a typical membership list. Info>Roster>Units give a bit of an indication... like the person's country flags next to their names. my guess 700+ members.

the board style itself does seem simple, not sure what to suggest.

CONCLUSION:
    impressive... there is a simplicity to your sites style that reveals itself with a surprising level of depth including acknowledgement for individual players. Besides the very few minor tweaks i suggest you could leave it as it and I'd still say A+ job.

All i would say is maybe some info on what your about, stand for and so on, on your home page. i know you have an info page but most people wont go past a front page unless really interested (so if your traffic is all server induced all good but for the fly by or drop in by chance maybe a bit of info on your home would get more members / traffic...

But most of all as with all websites forums & alike its what you the admin like that will win over

These are my views & not necessarily the views of Hack Hunters

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

Don't need to email you... the site looks fantastic.

Love the links drop-down, the forum drop down menus.

Love these avatars too:

You have a lot worked out and completed very well, congrats and best of luck.

another:

great having someone like codeman on the scene with the artistic capabilities.

Thanks alot

Knights Legacy.

Knights Legacy is a new big thing. As of right now we are Sponsored by GameStop (Which is canceling all affiliations and sponsorships and bringing those people to be affiliated and sponsored by Origin) and are also affiliated with a few big names such as, Logitec, TigerDirect.com, EB Games and more...

www.knightslegacy.net is our website. Your input will be greatly appreciated.

We are a bit small right now (Player wise) but like I said, we are an up and comming Big Name and any little constructive criticism will help. We are trying to grow with our Legit players and put an end to all hacks.

also, my e-mail address is

lord_faust@hotmail.ca

i like your site, and idea. AsicsTeam is a example of what you are trying to do(make more than a clan). We are in existence for more than 3(4th anny coming up in November) years. We are all from different city's and some are from a different state(we have 2 danish guys and 2 Bosnian), and we always gather around in Belgrade or Nis once a year to hang out. Last time there was(out of 30) 23 of us.

The thing is you cant have a mass clan with "bonds" you must limit players to 20-30-40 of who you can absolutely trust. It took us 3 years to get to where we are and last player to join or leave was... January i think, due to selling his pc and opening a slot for someone else.

second, you cant force these things, i read up on texts on your site, and it seams you are forcing it to much. This is something that must come spontaneous.

I like the sponsors to some nice names.

welcome to HH!

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

-Lord-Faust

I have reviewed your site a few times, and it's looking pretty great. TBH it looks like a complete clan site. I like the orange color theme and would actually take the main banner and adjust the tones to add orange to it so it helps pull the entire website together as one entity.

If you have anything specific you'd like us to look at let me know.

Blog Entries
    AmericasArmy-Games

Not sure if you guys check out but TAW website is TAW.net 2.0 so its improved and way better.

Thank you guys.

For the banner with the site, yeah, I made the banner for a different colour site and then we started to experiment with a different colour and came across this one.
    We are actually in the works on fixing up the banner to fit the new colours.

As for forcing our players to be and act the certain way we need, we aren't really "Forcing" it. We are letting them know what we expect of them and we give everyone a chance to let them change if we do not like something about someone (How they are acting, for instance) then if they still cannot follow the code of ethics, we let them go and move onto a different person.

The thing that makes us different, IS, that we are trying to get to be sort of a "Mass Clan" and still have that bond with every body. We do our research on individuals to see if they have the minimum requirements to join us. If they do, we put up a vote for all of our members to vote on and we go with a majority rules decision, but still take everyone's opinion into consideration.

I have looked up the TAW website and I don't like your code of Ethics -Section 2- =[

Again, thank you guys for your words!

Blog Entries
    AmericasArmy-Games

Yes sadly, Section 2 was put their long ago. We have tried forming alliances in the past and none have worked out. Believe it or not. TAW has been offered to be sponsored for free with server, website, website design, etc. But as a gaming community, we believe in building our community to our needs and done by members of the community. The website design paid for and designed by members of TAW, website hosted and paid by TAW, servers all managed, maintained by TAW members and their respectful divisions.

Its really a great community and with over 1000 members participating in over 20+ games.

This offer still stand? If so, I would love it if I could get some feed back on our humble clan site:

http://RazorTactical.com

I can be contacted here: spartan@razortactical.com

Thank you!
    -TYTBB90809-

Also,

Knights Legacy has re-vamped the website.
    New colours new links.

It fits the theme a bit better and our banner fits the colour scheme a bit better.

I guess our of 100, 000 clan websites + we are ranked in the 200's.
    Lets see what you guys think now. =]

some nice pages here, keep it up

btw it takes me 10secs to load knights legacy, where is the server located?

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

Hi Spartan, I thought I reviewed http://RazorTactical.com/ but anyway, I like the theme, the flash banner including your anticheat acknowledgements on the Home Page (but of course).

Very robust and well put together site. I like how videos, photos and even Facebook are connected. Good luck at RTAC. Keep up the good work.

Yes the new banner is perfect, right in line with what your theme is. Everything looks great, if there is something specific you'd like me to look at post a link.

Nice Moreno, the new TAW look is great, love the 3d medallion at the bottom too (where'd you get that done?), as well as the buttons and overall color scheme. Also like the integrated blog.

I'm also impressed with how all the pages are easy to navigate to and in between, it's clear and easy to use.

I do see one problem, and that is despite the fact that you have hundreds of users covering many games, the impression is from the home page is that this is a clan that's just starting. That's partly because when you click on Forum you are only shown 4 recent unanswered posts. I would put the board directory up front and center so visitors can get the right impression, or find some other way to show depth and history of existence.

Other than that it's a very impressive site. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you!

It's all about the KISS principle and keeping people connected
    -TYTBB90809-

Go on then take a look at mine but bare in mind a lot of mine cant be seen by non members
    ENGLISH- Gaming Clan™

Dont be to harsh I used to have a flash based site with seperate froum untill i made this one with the help of SMF
    E-mail = admin@englishclan.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by AsicsKoki-HH-
    some nice pages here, keep it up

btw it takes me 10secs to load knights legacy, where is the server located?
    The page is actually hosted out of Dallas Texas.

Thanks for the review, we will follow up with any other overviews that we would like to have. =]

Thanks for the Review GB I have changed the Banner already it was in a new clip that's why it had issues with different Browsers & size monitors but i think ive made it work across the board now & the footer I removed as it had all the SMF copyright things across it I need to edit the CSS to get rid of it & replace it with images but your views were most welcome its nice to see what others think as when you do it your bound to like it but others might just see something that you missed or like you did make me pull my finger out & fix things i should have as I am the worlds best at procrastination

So if any one else wants a look for me I will be changing things a bit more as time allows but at the moment trying to get our Battlefield 3 server up & populated ll the time. But Dice & EA are making that just as hard as always