Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

Making your own Rig

Let's start a topic, which I've seen posts on around here, on making your own rig, how to, where to get the stuff, etc.

Everyone drop in your tips or leads on where to get stuff.

the $600 PC.

Here we go:

CPU and Mobo $240
    http://ncix.com/products/?sku=51510&vpn=AMD945M...

4GB DDR3 $97
    http://ncix.com/products/?sku=42870&vpn=OCZ3G13...

ATI 5750 $145
    http://ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=48965&vp...

Antec Case and PSU $110
    http://ncix.com/products/?sku=42666&vpn=TWO%2DH...

Total: $592

poster says: "I game on a rig that's about equal, even Crysis and Fallout 3 are buttery smooth."

Battlefield-Games

Re: Making your own Rig

when I built my own by going to frys, here in cali, but when i need hardware and such i go through newegg.com or tiger direct..

my pc is worth 80bucks in total...lol
    i dream of putting together a 1000euro pc but i think i vont have the chance for a long time.xD

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

I know what you mean AsicsKoki. There's something about when you're young that you basically want everything that's in. My kid and I were talking that it'd be great if every important thing was free, like cars, houses, etc. but then if that were true no one would work for the money to buy them if they were just handed to them, hence no one would make the things we need (why work to build a house to make money to buy a house if a house is just given to you, no point in working and basically no houses would be made-a true conundrum). Guess we're stuck with the current system, work hard, save money and get what you need first and any extra left over get what you want second.

You're not alone, I'm waiting right now for about 2 years to build a new PC for myself. My old one is doing well enough for now but it took several years to save up for. My problem isn't gaming, it's the graphics and rendering capabilities I need for work. We're talking expensive territory for PC's. 64bit, 6 gigs ram minimum, etc.

Hey GuNn3R, that's sig is serious! Glad I'm living on the right side of the law. My old HS friend was Coast Guard on the East Coast. Keep up the great work.

TRUSTED ASSOCIATE+ FS-Jarhead755's Avatar

Hello All, I wanted to share a new store for you all. www.microcenter.com. It's a parts store from my view it is cheaper the newegg and Tigerdirect. Hope it helps some of you..
    <br /><br /><br />

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

Thanks Jarhead755

Battlefield-Games

lol, hey thanks greenbean... im also in the market to start upgrading to a new rig. Although mine is still kicking strong for running on a duo core.

Ok got put my two cents in on this thread, I typically do not like to get into computer cost and bargains because as a computer retailer and programmer I have found over the many years of building and repairing computers (you get what you pay for).
    But when you are on a budget and have limited income you are not left with much of a choice, I have ran into many gaming friends in my life that have limited or very little as funds to upgrade computers.

I have told many of my friends that you can get what you want and not break the bank it just cannot be done all at one time, this is what I call payment buying there are many companies that will allow you to purchase products on a time payment plan.
    This concept has been around for many year and only in the last 10 years have companies like Newegg, nVidia, ATI, Intel and many others realized there is a market for type of purchasing.

Time payments are like Walmarts old layaway that allowed you to purchase many of their products on a payment plan that allows you to make small monthly payment until the total is paid in full then they ship the product to you.
    At this point you are probably saying to yourself that by the time I pay it off it will be out of date, that is just not true most hardware in today’s markets are typically made in formats at least one to two year ahead of software vendors.
    What does this mean for you?, well you can purchase let’s say a new high end motherboard and processor and after you have paid it off you should be good for another 3 to 5 years before software vendors catch up or surpass your new hard.

This goes for whole systems as well there are companies that use the same type of payment plans for complete custom systems, note that in most of these cases there are certain fees attached to it but are not way out there.
    Well this is my two cents worth.

Peace
    wOOdy-HH-
    Last edited by wOOdy-HH-; 04-17-2013 at 11:42 PM.
    Mayham Thats All We Want!!