QUESTIONS???, Post 'em HERE!

Hello friends i'm killer001, I need help you can provide me of the anti-cheat for halo combat evolved?Thaks

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

Re: Halo anti-cheat

Halo Antihack.net 3.0: Please go here to see details, but I think this is outdated: http://www.halomods.com/index.php?topic=archivenews

The newest version I think is 3.2

Here is some other info: http://www.unixmick.com/downloads/gaming/halo_pc/ with apparent download instructions... check for latest version. I get the feeling that Halo Antihack.NET is no longer supported as most of the links I tried were deadends or very out-dated, 2005. Still if you google it you might find a version available..

The Halo Anti-Cheat Association! is a site and subscription to Halo PC's largest cheater blacklist. Leaders and staff from respectable clans are welcome to join at anytime so long as they hold the same basic values as the H.A.C.A. for cheating.
    http://agd.clanservers.com/HaloAntiCheat/index.php

I hope this helps, if you find a good anti-cheat for Halo, let us know and, we'd recommend letting people who are cheating know that you're leaving the game, or are stopping playing Halo altogether just because of the cheats. One day, cheaters will realise, hopefully, the actual destruction they're doing to themselves... but then every year there is a new crop to teach the same lesson too.

I also get the feeling from what I read is that MicroSoft never really cared about AntiCheat for Halo and therefore nothing was really built into it, but instead 3rd party groups made efforts to clean up a bad situation.

good luck out there, and next time make sure the game you select is PB (PunkBuster) Protected from the start.

Sorry we couldn't be of more help, perhaps someone else might know.

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

Re: QUESTIONS???, Post 'em HERE!

I'm not sure if this is current, but check out the mentality of this individual who says he released a hack for Halo, and how he tries to justify it in his mind. BTW, there is never any justification for abusing another, or in this case, many other individuals. Defense is one thing and only to a point where one can get away, to allow the authorities and justice system to take over the situation.

Quoting from this cheater:
    "Thus came my plan, to release the Halo Aimbot if I was not unbanned from TeamWarfare League. " (Blackmail which is illegal; also, if you are ever in a situation where you think you need a 'Plan for Revenge, seek help, believe me, life can be too good to ruin your own life with an ill-founded 'plan')

" I released the aimbot to the cheating community. It spread like wildfire, and can be seen on hundreds of cheating forums." (I wonder if he'd ever feel justified in releasing a real virus onto the public.)

"Even after releasing the aimbot, I offered to write a cure, an anti-cheat engine, for the leagues to use. But they refused to lift the ban." (omg, this guy is crazy, he's going to fix the problem he created, if they accept his blackmail )

"And with no forseeable means of stopping the cheaters, it seems Halo PC is destined for a slow and painful death ridden with aimbotters and wallhackers." (that's what cheaters do to games, they ruin it and everyone leaves, including the cheaters who have no one to game against).

I find his attitude and actions unbelievable if found to be true. This also shows the courage TWL showed in standing up to this jerk.

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

QUESTION: Multiple Streaming:

-----Original Message-----

Email: (deleted)
    Name: PR
    Subject: Questions.
    Comments2: Hi, Just ran seen you site and i didnt have time to read everything about your site. I with the boggaming.com clan i have a ?. Right now we stream our server with PBBANs is what you offer the same, stream gaming servers? If so isnt punkbuster, pbbans all stream using the same data base? So whats better streaming to more than one anti cheat provider or more than one?Thanks for your time,Paul Riley
    Survey: Like Site
    ReceiveInfo: SendUpdatesToMe

Hey PR,

My short answer would be yes, streaming to multiple AC services will allow anyone that was banned by another AC service to be immediately removed from your server if they try and get on. I'm doing a little research for you to find what are the best choices for you given the games you use. And to provide you with a little bit more info on the subject.

As for HackHunters, we do not have software for Admins to stream... we are more here to help with questions like the one you posed.

PBBans is a very good choice to start with... you are able to submit demos of someone cheating if their software doesn't pick up the cheater... just submit the demo to PBBans along with the logs. This unique feature of PBBans ensures that you have options for ridding yourself of cheaters.

You can also use our online form to make a record of information on the cheater (we'll copy you on the report). There is a link to it from our home page: REPORT A SUSPECT... what's good about it is you can be playing a game, then toggle out to your desktop, pull it up and start filling it out.

cya, greenbean.

g r e e n b e a n , Founder, HackHunters

-----Original Message----- '2'
    Ok for us to report any person that maybe cheating. What type of cheats and or screen shots to submit to you guys. Like with PBBANs we submit PBscreen shots. PBANs will not ban for building/wall glitching i have submited a few PB screen shots with players in the wall and they dont ban for that. Our clan does perm ban on our servers for wall/building glitches.

You'll find that no one bans for glitching except individual servers. So if you ban for glitching on your server you are doing the right thing. Most clans do ban for glitching... there are differing levels of glitching too, most people are just playing the game and might lean right or left to use protection and just play the game, but there are others who know where to go in order to be hidden 'inside' a wall or rock, etc. as you pointed out... these people are 'exploiting' the map and should be banned from your server.

Glitching is a form of cheating, but not considered 'using' a cheat or another software program to allow you to cheat. There are many types of glitches and most servers will ban people who use these type of glitches.

I would suggest running a message that warns people that "If you glitch, you will be banned' and hopefully it will deter people from glitching on your server.

At HackHunters, you can submit a demo recording. If you give us a SS and the logs, well I'd say if you have those that show glow hacks, wall hacks, etc. then you should just submit them to PBBans as they will be able to ban the individuals for those. If they are using an aimbot then record a demo and give that to PBBans. In any case, HackHunters will help you with your submittal if you like.

I'd also suggest you take a look at our Cheat Definitions for the types of cheats PBBans might be able to ban for. http://www.hackhunters.com/forum/index.php?topic=24.0
    Remember when it comes to glitching, the only people who can do anything about it is you on your own server.

I hope this helps, be sure to register on our forum so others can jump in and help you if you have questions in the future.

Thanks and best regards, greenbean.

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

GLOBAL BANS OF PLAYERS and the ADMINS POWERS:

I have to ask you a question: can the owner of a server have a player banned from all servers and websites the player has not done anything wrong apart from have a dispute/argument with the owner of the server. thanks
    No, the owner of a server can only ban an individual from only their own server. If the person is banned from every PunkBuster server it is because they were caught by PunkBuster cheating and put on a Master Ban List.

An Administrator can not manually put an individual on a Master Ban List.

Good question, I remember asking the same thing a few years ago.

Although it can be done by talking to the other owners. You can get their GUID and stuff and then say hey ban this guy.

Credit to GeneralAce100

"Step your game up guys... Show me guys that I didn't make a mistake.  Show me that your worth counting on.  Show me that you can do, what we do." - Melfice_Elstang

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

Quote Originally Posted by Sneaky
    Although it can be done by talking to the other owners. You can get their GUID and stuff and then say hey ban this guy.
    Any Admin who would do this would be considered abusing their power. If that ever happens to anyone, please report it to HackHunters.

Most if not all Admins have learned that trying to ban people from other servers tends to backfire and therefore don't do it. Most clans would immediately question the validity of such a claim and thus the credibility of the clan making the request. I would say, if you're ever banned for a personal matter don't worry about it. If you find that you are being banned by other clans (which is highly unlikely) then report it to us.

If on the otherhand, you're cheating and the clan can provide logs and a demo, then you will have a problem and so you should.

psb setup/demo question

I can use some help with punksbusted streaming, i already stream to pbbans with over 180+ caught cheaters (thanks pbbans)

i can use some support with punksbusted.

and does anyone know why punksbusted does not take videos of cheaters but pbbans does(aim bot, wall hack, typical crap)?

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

psb setup/demo question

I think they don't use demo's because it is a lot of trouble and time. PPBans, if I'm correct, has to get the demo, compare it to the Admins log to make sure the two match and therefore can ensure that the demo is of the person they suspect, then take time to review the demo and make an assessment. Most ACO's would rather just let the computer do the screening of players.

I've moved your question to the PunksBusted thread and hopfully we'll get you some help there.

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

QUESTION from our MAIN WEBSITE form: Call of Duty 4

i would like some info on good anti cheat systems that i can install on my dedi server plz, i am curently running some of the most popular servers on cod4 and we are at the top of the server ranks, this is bringing all the hackers and cheats to my servers, is theer an anti cheat tool other than pb that i can instal please?
    Streaming PB is only a start. Think of it like the core application which helps others AntiCheat tools to work... those tools do most of the banning. There are several choices and in fact many servers run several at the same time. All of the secondary tools will help you get cheats banned immediately, sometimes even before they can actually start playing. It's fun to watch the chat log while playing seeing cheaters try to join a game only to get banned....

For COD4:
    www.PBBans.com is a good choice as a solid AntiCheat, and it has an extra bonus of allowing demo recordings for submission to catch cheaters that might not get picked up. PsB: www.punksbusted.com; AON: www.airdaleops.com/; ACI: www.anticheatinc.net are all very good choices.

You can find more information on them and several other AntiCheat tools in our special ACO DIRECTORY here: http://www.hackhunters.com/forum/index.php?board=10.0 including links.

If you have additional questions you can post right on the forum, which I'm sure will help others. It will also help get good gamers to your server too, especially if you post some info in our CLAN NETWORK board.

Cya, GreenBean.

Comments2: sorry forgot to say my servers lol KTFO|UNITED|SERVERS web: ktfo.co.uk
    www.ktfo.co.uk

no prob.

Hello, I recieved suspicious message via xfire, it contain questionable content. I didn't click on link, but it looks like new cheat known as roccat aim. Here is snap-shot of message

I don't know where to put this, so I am asking here to check this, and if it is cheat, I would like to know, in order to report cheater and help anti-cheat improvement

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

Thanks VectorZz,

good thing you didn't click the link, it could be malware, spyware or even if it is a cheat if it's on your computer you could get banned just for it's presence.

Is this guy SkankY a xFire friend? Funny he, with your help has also given us his gaming community name, I'd stay clear of any of their servers.