Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

When they're out of control...

When they're out of control...

Yeah, I know you're thinking I'm referring to kids. NO.

I'm referring to parents. Kids are great at reflecting the behavior of the parents. Sometimes they use that to their advantage to embarrass a parent in public, but basically 'monkey see monkey do.'

So how do you handle yourself when the kid starts to get out of control? Do you loose it too? Or do you remind yourself that you are the adult and there's no reason for you to behave like your child, unless you want the world to look at you and wonder why you never grew up.

Here's the real problem, there's no class or school that tells you what to do, or how to behave as an adult. You really have to figure it out for yourself.

And you'd be surprised just how many adults get caught up in the fever of the moment. As a reminder of just how much thought goes into being both a parent and an adult, take a look at the TV show, "The Dog Whisperer" and realize that it's the behavior of the dog handler that influences the behavior of the child, errrr, I mean dog.

For those who aren't parents now, be prepared instead of stumbling into it. Look, listen and learn before you find yourself with no time but doing. That, by the way, is why the world gives you 18 years to figure it out. If prepared, you'll be a happier person, and so will your family. Just hope your spouse has prepare too.
    Last edited by wOOdy-HH-; 05-02-2013 at 12:25 AM.