Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Steam, Does any one use it?

I use steam and enjoy it. I can dl BFBC2 (after a recent format) in about 30 min with my connection. Good thing is that it installs as its downloading.

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

Re: CLOUD Services: Steam, OnLiVe, etc

OnLive Viewer
    Hits the App Store

Now you can watch live gameplay from almost anywhere! Just download the FREE OnLive Viewer app to your iPad and instantly watch hundreds of games being played live throughout the world. Rate Brag Clip™ videos, make friends and surf the Marketplace for new games.

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

OnLive moves closer to controlling what content minors can see...

It's a huge issue, a 6 year old being able to play a Mature rated demo for free and instantly which is how the current OnLive Service works. That's a big concern for Parents who might not want that to happen. And if a parent has that concern they certainly shouldn't signup for www.OnLive.com

But today I noticed on their website that you can search for games based solely on their rating. It is a small move but significant in that they are acknowledging that this is an issue (perhaps based on my message to them that it was an issue?). It certainly makes sense as the list of games they offer increases when at first launch and only a few titles they certainly wanted to give the impression that they had a lot to offer.

While searching games based on ESRB rating can be done with your browser at this time, you can still see all games when using the OnLive application.

HomeFront is available on OnLive along with quite a few other great titles.

HackHunters Anti Cheat Organization has been following OnLive and reporting on this great service since before it was officially launched and has encouraged it's members to try it out. We do have 2 questions we would like to have a response on if you don't mind:

1) Given the nature of the service is there anyway a user could cheat in your games? (We assume there isn't which is great but don't wish to report this if it isn't absolutely true. Given our pov, this is an important fact we would like to share).

2) While the OnLive service is free at this time, do you have any plans to start charging a subscription fee in the future or are you adopting the current business model of offering a free service? (This is important if people are going to invest in the purchase and access to their games).

Thanks, from 'GreenBean', founder of HackHunters.com ACO.
    Response (that was quick!):
    Thank you for contacting us, and for your interest in OnLive. As you know, most game hacks involve modifying .ini or .cfg files or entering hacks into the console command line. As the hardware is secured on our end, there is no editing of files in the games directory, and we have disabled the command line functionality. For all intents and purposes, there should be no way for an end user to make any changes to the parameters of the game they are playing.

John
    Customer Service Representative
    http://support.onlive.com/
    So there you have it, no way to cheat, and confirmed.

Why post all of this? If you're wondering you can have a positive effect on how things are, by being polite, by first making compliment (it is very important to acknowledge the significance of what the persons have created in order for them to understand that you have an appreciation for what they're doing) and then by making a suggestion with your reasoning behind the suggestion. It's very simple and can result in a 'better' thing in your life or in the lives of others, at least that's the way I have found it to be.

Blog Entries
    FarCry-Games

OnLive has added a robust Parental Control System.

It's easy to use, and a parent can easily block mature or other content both by ESRB Ratings and/or by specific game title.

This means you can have one account for yourself, and a different account (downloading the client associated with a different email address) for your child. When they sign in, based on the settings you assign, they will only see the content you want them to see, and they won't see Brag Clips from Mature games, or be able to chat to others, etc. It is a robust system and I hope they've implemented based partly on our prompting from HackHunters.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2