PDA

View Full Version : Mondays... thoughts of a 1st grader

GreenBean-HH-
06-04-2008, 12:07 AM
Dear Mayor Michael Bloomberg
New York City

I think Monday should be part of the weekend.

Rachel, 1st Grade

MoNsTeReNeRgY22
07-05-2008, 06:40 PM
LOL, I wish that as well 8)

EviL WaBiT
08-06-2008, 05:04 AM
I couldn't agree more :D let's get a petition going ;)

GreenBean-HH-
10-28-2008, 05:37 PM
Dear Rachel:

Thank you for your email. Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you. I am always happy to hear from young people, especially when they have big ideas like making Monday a part of the weekend!

When I was your age, I didn't always want to go to school everyday, and there are plenty of adults who would like an extra day off from work, so I can see why you think Monday should join Saturday and Sunday as a time for rest, relaxation, and fun. There's a problem, though. Adults need to work so that this City can stay a great place to live and visit. Imagine if our police officers, business people, store owners, taxi drivers, and more worked one day less. who would do their important jobs? Kids, too, have something to do Monday through Friday, learning everything from math to history to English - if you didn't go to school five days a week, how would you prepare to be our future leaders?

The weekend is a fun time, but the good news is that the week can be a lot of fun too. If you find subjects you love in school, and then eventually do a job that makes you happy, Monday through Friday will be just as great as Saturday and Sunday. I know, because I look forward to waking up and going to City Hall every single morning (and I only get paid a dollar a year!) Thanks again for taking the time to write, and keep up the great work.

Sincerely,
Michael R. Bloomberg
Mayor

Psych0
11-02-2008, 02:46 PM
What an astonishing answer ;D

GreenBean-HH-
11-02-2008, 03:46 PM
pretty cool that he wrote back.

didn't expect him to.