PDA

View Full Version : COD4 Server Tool

Moreno
10-07-2009, 12:43 AM
Are you referring to COD4 ingame browser?

If this is the case, there are, last time I checked, some 11,000 COD4 servers, not all of them show the first time you click on 'refresh'. I think about 2500 show up each time you click on refresh. Hope this helps...

When I used to run my own cod4 and cod5 servers, I used this server audit tool. It checks your server configs to make sure everything is correct so your server can rank up:

http://www.anarchic-x.com/cod4_server_audit/index.php

GreenBean-HH-
10-07-2009, 04:55 PM
Nice tool.

As an example I ran the TAW COD4 server IP: 8.12.18.61:28960

RESULTS
Master Server Position INFO Your server is listed on the Activision master server list. It is possible you will see it listed in the server browser. masterpos = 10279 / 14698

Server Name FAIL Your server's name is too long. The server browser will display up to 24 characters, and color codes are counted. For example , ^7 is counted as one character. Shorten your server name for accurate exposure. sv_hostname = ^1TAW^7.^1NET ^7NOW RECRUITING^1! [28]

Version PASS Your server is up to date. shortversion = 1.7

Punkbuster PASS Your server is using the Punkbuster anti-cheat system by Evenbalance.
sv_punkbuster = 1

Max Rate PASS Your sv_maxrate is properly set. Values of 0 and 25000 are identical, and anything in between is not ideal for dedicated connections. Servers hosted from broadband/dialup connections should set this to something lower than 25000.
sv_maxrate = 25000

Ranked PASS Your server is not modded and is currently utilizing the Call of Duty 4 ranking system.
mod = 0

Pure PASS Your server has the pure setting enabled. This prevents players from being able to use whatever modifications they want. This setting will not prevent people from using cheat software.
sv_pure = 1

Password PASS No password is set for your server. Anyone who wants to connect will be able to.
pswrd = 0

Will probably split this into it's own topic and put it in the COD4 board, as it looks like a good tool for everyone to know about, rather than being burried in this tread.

Moreno
10-07-2009, 11:30 PM
It is actually a really great COD tool. One of the reason it didn't pass on the server name is because of the color codes added. But I would just recommend on running this for your server and then you should see if it helps get your server listed.

GreenBean-HH-
10-08-2009, 12:35 AM
Looks great, glad gitman created it over at ax.

any other tools you know about.

I'm curious why he made it, did he know of a problem that this helps solve? like showing up on the server list?