PDA

View Full Version : question about where to place the SPSC?

GreenBean-HH-
09-22-2009, 01:37 PM
As you know I created a new board for the SPSC which is the one you're looking at now.

Now we have a board called Goodies. I'm thinking two things, first take the posts in the SPSC and make a second post of the first post, but have it in Code format, being sure that there is both a credit to HackHunters/link and a specific link to the thread it is from. Second, move all the SPSC topics to the Goodies board. The goal, to allow clan Admins to copy the code and post it on their website.

If we provide it as a 'goody' for clans to use, it might help bring people to HackHunters and get the point across that we have a lot to offer. What do you think?

Ov3rCasT
09-27-2009, 11:10 PM
As you know I created a new board for the SPSC which is the one you're looking at now.

Now we have a board called Goodies. I'm thinking two things, first take the posts in the SPSC and make a second post of the first post, but have it in Code format, being sure that there is both a credit to HackHunters/link and a specific link to the thread it is from. Second, move all the SPSC topics to the Goodies board. The goal, to allow clan Admins to copy the code and post it on their website.

If we provide it as a 'goody' for clans to use, it might help bring people to HackHunters and get the point across that we have a lot to offer. What do you think?

I know I'm not neutral on that one but personally I think it's a very good idea. ;D

Also, because the numerous references to our tech help section in the SPSC, it would be an additionnal way to make publicity for what we have to offer for our registered users.

;)

CYA, O3CT

GreenBean-HH-
09-28-2009, 11:10 AM
exactly, i think it'll help show people what we have and allow clans to grab the text for their own clans...

regarding another idea I had, to create appetizer posts on other clans forums, of several topics including what our 'goodies' are, might be a good way to bring them to the site in the first place.

So, with your approval I will be moving this to the Goodies Board. What I'm trying to do is make our forum smaller, I think it's getting pretty large and to group a little should help.

Also you'll notice I reversed the order of the SPSC posts, so the latest post is at the top of the list.

I am a little worried about putting the SPSC into a goodies board as the posts will get lost in among the other posts, but maybe we can create a subcategory board called spsc? or maybe we should keep it here... I'll try a couple of solutions, maybe just sticky to SPSC topics so the posts don't get lost.

Ov3rCasT
09-28-2009, 01:01 PM
exactly, i think it'll help show people what we have and allow clans to grab the text for their own clans...

regarding another idea I had, to create appetizer posts on other clans forums, of several topics including what our 'goodies' are, might be a good way to bring them to the site in the first place.

So, with your approval I will be moving this to the Goodies Board. What I'm trying to do is make our forum smaller, I think it's getting pretty large and to group a little should help.

Also you'll notice I reversed the order of the SPSC posts, so the latest post is at the top of the list.

I am a little worried about putting the SPSC into a goodies board as the posts will get lost in among the other posts, but maybe we can create a subcategory board called spsc? or maybe we should keep it here... I'll try a couple of solutions, maybe just sticky to SPSC topics so the posts don't get lost.

My approval? ;D Don't worry I'm not a wife so I never changed my mind ....... (j/k) ;D

Seriously, since the beginning I always think anything that can help promoting HH is good.

BTW,

Just thinking.... If we offer the SPSC to other Clans to put on their forums maybe we should promote them with the name HH SPSC to be sure ppl will have HH in mind all the time when reading these tutorial somewhere else.

I know it's just a detail but I feel any repetitive "trade mark" to help for HH publicity can be a good thing.

CYA,

GreenBean-HH-
09-28-2009, 06:11 PM
HH SPSC sounds good to me, good idea.

thanks for the input, i hate moving people's work around but then I've always know you were right in the head. :)

GreenBean-HH-
09-29-2009, 01:09 PM
you know, considering this is an official release, lets put the SPSC into the HackHunters NewsPages & Announcements board here: http://www.hackhunters.com/forum/index.php?board=66.0

This way, since we're short on actual newsletters, this will help make this board worth a visit and hopefully entice ppl to visit our computer tech main board. Again, the goal is to consolidate the entire forum if possible into stronger categories, but fewer of them.

Of course, we could just move the SPSC into the main Computer Tech board too, which is probably where it belongs.... and get rid of the HackHunters NewsPages & Announcements board altogether... ahh, that makes sense. i.e., any help in consolidating suggestions would be helpful. :D