PDA

View Full Version : GUID search

Sneaky
05-27-2009, 07:24 PM
Currently, all I have seen is sites like DMW, PBBans, etc all have their own GUID searches. Since one thing HH always like to do is unite them, why not help the player base out by making a webpage here that they can access and type in their alias, GUID, etc and it will hit all the guid database from the ACs checking to see if the GUID is clean. I for one would love to use this.

|EAS|Kevlar2014
05-27-2009, 10:02 PM
There really isn't any easy way to take the guid databases from the different sites and combine them. The closest that there is right now is through PBBans. They pull just about every database from the other AC sites except for PsB because they have threatened legal action many times on PBBans.

Sneaky
05-28-2009, 03:54 PM
and I totally agree with that. Still having 1 stop shop for your GUID needs would really be useful to most admins. Say they arent sure if a person hacks, you could do a guid search on them. Well theres multiple places to go.

HH is currently affiliated with several ACs. Why cant we ask them to see if we can hit their databases with our own search and give links on the search and have the ability to limit which databases you search. They get some advertisement in return in the search.

.-(AUST)-.{Inferno}
05-28-2009, 04:57 PM
interessting idea. But do you think (for example) AON and ACI would allow it, knowing they're basically working together?

Sneaky
05-30-2009, 10:15 AM
Well why found they not allow it? It doesnt really effect them that much from what I see. Sure the ACs hate each other and think they are better than the others. What is their main goal for even being here? To stop cheats. If admins can see all the bans thats useful to the community and them.

.-(AUST)-.{Inferno}
05-30-2009, 11:23 AM
ask them mate. PB does it, for all that I know. (see Kevlars Post)

But I agree that PB's one is hard to handle...

FS-Jarhead755
05-30-2009, 12:00 PM
I agree with yall. But on the devil side of the thought is that they are also the ones with stock in cheats. Meaning if they are stopped faster then they be out of a job. I hope that's not the case. I have started seeing that some servers are using more then one Guid in the game. This gives the Admin a faster look into the player at that sec. Just my thoughts. Thanks and peace.

Sneaky
05-31-2009, 03:27 PM
I agree with yall. But on the devil side of the thought is that they are also the ones with stock in cheats. Meaning if they are stopped faster then they be out of a job. I hope that's not the case. I have started seeing that some servers are using more then one Guid in the game. This gives the Admin a faster look into the player at that sec. Just my thoughts. Thanks and peace.

That just cause me to be more confused than a dog trying figure out if the rabbit is food or a friend.

GreenBean-HH-
05-31-2009, 07:31 PM
I think Jarhead is saying that if cheaters are banned even quicker then AntiCheat Organzations might be out of a job, assuming that cheaters will stop trying to use cheats. Is that close Jarhead? i have the same problem sometimes that the thoughts are quicker than the typing :D

Sneaky
06-02-2009, 03:23 PM
They already are getting banned pretty quick. Im not saying that the ACs have to talk.

Im saying that a user types in Sneaky for example. It searches PBBans for Sneaky, then It goes to AON and does the same thing. All the way down the line. It sorta like GCops, (if I remember right) admins can talk to each other with it and see their past bans and notes. Well this does the same thing but we are pulling data on current bans.

.-(AUST)-.{Inferno}
06-02-2009, 04:54 PM
They already are getting banned pretty quick. Im not saying that the ACs have to talk.

Im saying that a user types in Sneaky for example. It searches PBBans for Sneaky, then It goes to AON and does the same thing. All the way down the line. It sorta like GCops, (if I remember right) admins can talk to each other with it and see their past bans and notes. Well this does the same thing but we are pulling data on current bans.

Well, that is EXACTLY what PBBans is about. PBBans downloads all the MasterBanLists and when you search for a GUID on PBBans, it schecks all the lists, which have been made into one. PBBans also deletes doubles as far as I know.

Is this what you want? If not, I don't get what you want...

Sneaky
06-02-2009, 05:16 PM
They dont grab all MBLs. Didnt 1 AC threaten PBBans in a lawsuit. Now PBBans doesnt use it.

From what I saw they only grab AON, PB, AAGUID, and theirs. That may have changed but there are many other lists out there

PsB, DMW, BustedPunks, Cheat Police, etc. So yes PBBans has something similar but Im thinking of it on a larger scale, including most if not all MBLs.

|EAS|Kevlar2014
06-02-2009, 10:30 PM
PBBans, for all pb enabled games, pulls just about all MBL's, except for PsB's due to threats of legal action.

.-(AUST)-.{Inferno}
06-03-2009, 12:54 AM
Exactly. And how are we going to do that if they already threatend legal action against PBBans? ???

Sneaky
06-03-2009, 02:31 PM
What are the full details on it. Is it that they were using their list in exchange for nothing, using it without premission? Theres a number of options still open.

Plus where does it say that they pull the bans from DMW, BustedPunks, Cheat Police, etc. I have yet to see that.

|EAS|Kevlar2014
06-04-2009, 10:45 PM
They were using their public banlist that was 30 days old! They threatened action against that, even though it was available to the public in the first place.

Sneaky
06-05-2009, 01:10 PM
If its available to the public, how the hell can pick and choose who sees it if its labeled Public Info.

This would help HH out from what I see if we have all the ban lists and we do things with it like that idea about the 2nd chance hackers can get.

.-(AUST)-.{Inferno}
06-05-2009, 03:06 PM
Well the problem is that atm we're the only ones to have this. AND if they threatend suit against PBBans, we have to be careful. First establish a proper relationship with em, then speed ahead.

Sneaky
06-05-2009, 04:46 PM
Well the problem is that atm we're the only ones to have this. AND if they threatend suit against PBBans, we have to be careful. First establish a proper relationship with em, then speed ahead.

And I agree with you. After we do have a good realtionship, we could move along with this.

!AR!BlackHawk
06-05-2009, 08:01 PM
The reason why PsB wants to have nothing to do with PBBans (its a long read)
--------------------

http://bobforum.eyecatch.no/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=241&sid=2884ce30a78cde518bd009927d1270f3&start=10#p1400

Some Legal Information
-----------------------

Data Protection Law (DPL) says that you are not allowed to copy a public database without prior premission from the database owners. Thats why they are not allowed to use it.

Sneaky
06-06-2009, 09:10 AM
Thanks black.