PDA

View Full Version : Recording Bot

Sneaky
04-05-2009, 03:29 PM
All the game admins out there know that when your not there or didnt get enough time to get enough evidence on a cheater is a pain the the rear. I have wondered why a true program like this hasnt been created (that i have seen).

Here is my idea. We all know that most games have a recording feature built in. What is stopping us from using that feature to our advantage. Why dont we build a bot that it runs with the game and actually records what they do. Then with some checking against the server logs, guess what you find, a nice cheater that you can easily just ban since the bot has gotten the evidence.

Know we can take this another step. Making a program that runs with these recordings and run it with Punkbusters Screen Shot Facility. Know you have a demo of what everyone saw and what they saw (1 frame). Know that we have this info everyone can benefit. What is stoping us from then handing this eveidence to other groups, ACs, and to other cheats. Theres nothing more creepy when you go up to someone and show them that you are right on their tail and nothing can stop you.

I dont think any AC will back down from this because what is the one thing they all have in common, they hate cheats and want them gone.

!AR!BlackHawk
04-05-2009, 05:58 PM
I think the main problem with this would be server power and storage (you need lots of storage + cpu power for these kind of tools) which is something that server providers try to "keep as low as possible".

The thing is, that if a application is able to see if someone is cheating by visual systems (HackCam project, which never got released) then why even record something, just kick the bastard :P

Thing is, these systems are there... but need a huge amount of processor power.
This is something that will be possible within the next 20 years which I'm 100% sure of.

Sneaky
04-10-2009, 07:56 AM
I think the main problem with this would be server power and storage (you need lots of storage + cpu power for these kind of tools) which is something that server providers try to "keep as low as possible".

The thing is, that if a application is able to see if someone is cheating by visual systems (HackCam project, which never got released) then why even record something, just kick the bastard :P

Thing is, these systems are there... but need a huge amount of processor power.
This is something that will be possible within the next 20 years which I'm 100% sure of.

I am totally in agreeance with you on this. But there is nothing stoping us from preparing this kind of bot. Yes just kicking the bastard would be good but having a recording feature means that recording can be sent to other places so he has less places to play. Bringing these recordings to places like PBbans, PB, etc. would do this.

I dont know if this is possible but whats saying that we cant have the client it self record and maybe send it to an ftp. That would mean that the servers dont get that load. They just pass out this mini program.

Now at A2G, where I admin, we get reports all the time that so and so is cheating, recruiting, etc. But most of the time they forget the biggest piece. The freaking evidence of it. Now we dont just an because someone said they did it. For basically any ban we need to get some sort of evidence rather it be a recording or screenshot. It would be nice to say give me the name and date and then be able to pull the recording, look at it, and do what is necessary to that person because you are able to ban someone even if they are offline (for cod) by getting their GUID and putting it in the ban file.

Sneaky
04-20-2009, 03:37 PM
As a first step to this fairly large bot, wouldnt it be useful to have it go to a website. So admins away from home and cant get on to look for hackers, he can just go on a locked area that can provide a live feed of any person in the game. Like in COD2 spectator mode but it would be on a website. Then he can then send commands to the bot saying to ban this guy for hacking. I already know rcon can be on a website. Ive used one. Why not take that abit farther.

Now it doesnt have to be 1000 fps and 1080p HD video. Just good enough to watch. Look at Xfire's broadcasting quality. Its quite good but it can be 1 step down from that.

.-(AUST)-.{Inferno}
04-20-2009, 04:40 PM
Sneaky I just (as said in the other thread) put it to the pros and apparently this idea was already on at sometime or another but the lag was immense.

http://www.auotst.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=4962&pid=49723#pid49723
http://www.hackhunters.com/forum/index.p...sg5123#new

Sneaky
04-22-2009, 07:45 PM
Sneaky I just (as said in the other thread) put it to the pros and apparently this idea was already on at sometime or another but the lag was immense.

http://www.auotst.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=4962&pid=49723#pid49723
http://www.hackhunters.com/forum/index.p...sg5123#new

how much lag does an internet browser make if its streaming like a youtube video? Well if made right it will be close to that.

.-(AUST)-.{Inferno}
04-23-2009, 04:06 AM
Well already a simple screenshot can generate a lagspike for players with not-so-good a net (like me :D) and if I were to be hit by 10screenshots in a row just so that an admin can see if my cheatprogram is dodging the PBSS, then I'd probably be thrown outa the game for high ping...

My guess: Its only possible if all the players have a very good internet connection and if they're right next to the server... Which makes it pointless...

Sneaky
04-23-2009, 05:00 PM
Yes connetion is a factor. A2G gets people from across the globe connecting to our servers.

82000 pixel .png file is good sized to a bad connection. Which pb sends frequently to the server. Thats a good chunk of connection.

But what gamer plays on anything lower than Cable. That is like a necessity for gaming. You cant game well if you have a dial up connection.

You know whats the funny thing. You that feature we call Specting. well guess what thats video that is filmed, sent, and forgotten. Now how much of a hassle would it be to instead forget it, actually store it.

Its like a video camcorder. When its waiting for you to hit record, what is it doing, its storing it in a little area and is shown on the display then 1/2 second later its gone.

Yes the console can view it. I remember reading up on rcon for cod2 and it said if the person is on the server playing on the console, he can not be kicked because it ignores the connection and the server cant ignore its own keyboard and mouse.

See what I'm getting at?