PDA

View Full Version : How not to get caught cheating...

GreenBean-HH-
04-01-2009, 10:38 AM
This is a quote off a cheat site as an example of what lengths they are going to to make the use of cheats less detectable on an observable level. Even with these 'tips' you can still tell when someone first spots a target through a wall, that's an instinct to first look at the person and then 'look away so as to not be observed, and then wait patiently at the corner for the shot'.

With that in mind, be careful about what you think you see. I for one will wait to 'cover an exit point' to help contain the enemy making for even easier targets. Any fps game is fast action, and because of this you can expect if someone is not only trying to cheat, but also try to not be observed, that they will eventually mess up and reveal their cheat, or, just be a lousy player as it becomes too much info to process.

How to not get caught by server admins

Once you get into the game, you need to make yourself look like the good player. Take a look at what the other top players are doing, and emulate their behaviour, so that you yourself can become on. Your number one priority is to not appear suspicious. Take a look at the other player’s names, behaviour and their way of speaking.

Bot.smooth 10? Absolutely not. Bot.smooth 5? I can aim faster than that myself. You aren't trying to look like "Joe Schmoe", you're not planning on "doing worse" to look legit are you? Play like a pro. Bot.smooth 1,2,3 is more than enough. As long as your crosshair isn't moving instantaneously, you will just look very "quick". Don't use a head vector. You want to aim at the neck or upper chest. Bot.fov 10 or less, and if you're using HL2Hook, then you will want to set a minimum distance for your aimbot. Using aimbot on a target within 10 meters of you WILL look obvious every time.

Learn how to bunnyhop. Don't use a script. Learn to do it for real if you can. This makes you instantly look "pro" and people will start giving you the benefit of the doubt. Sow the seeds of doubt. If you wall a guy in the face and he calls hacks, say something like "saw your shadow little buddy". Deny everything, but don’t appear to be defensive about it either. Be very friendly and helpful to the other players. Offer advice to people who accuse you. Explain to them that "they'll never get better if they just accuse people who are better than them at cheating".

Always keep your crosshair on the forward edge of any wall, to avoid pre aiming or aiming through walls. For example, always be aimed at the very forward edge of a corner when you come around it. Smooth crosshair movement and positioning makes you look patient, deliberate, and legit. Don't EVER pull a "360 turn" to look through walls for enemies. On my server we call that the "sonar" maneuver and it is extremely obvious. Additionally, avoid looking through corners or through walls when you're waiting in ambush for an enemy.

Same goes with flashes and smokes. Nothing looks worse than a 2 shot burst through thick smoke for the kill. It's fairly easy to know when you're supposed to be flashed, but it can be hard to tell where smoke screens are supposed to be.

If you come across a cheater on the server, say nothing, and if there are admins online, send them a private “admin only” message letting them know that you believe the guy is cheating. By doing so, the admin will appreciate you more, and overlook certain things. If you do notice a player cheating shamelessly, do not intervene and try to play his game by competing with him. Simply join the rest who will bash him, but don’t join in, or you’ll end up looking equally suspicious.

Lastly, if you play your cards right, you may end up with admin or immunity on your favorite server, and then the sky is the limit to what you could do.

Lastly, the DEMO recording is our best tool for defense because it can be reviewed over and over, slowed down, made transparent to see what the player is really looking at, etc. It gives us the opportunity to catch cheaters for real.

If a player is ALWAYS getting high scores, round after round, it might be because they have a really awesome computer AND Ping, or something else might be going on. MAKE A DEMO. If you don't know how, check out our tutorials for info regarding making demos... and get a screen shot of their GUID too.

.-(AUST)-.{Inferno}
04-01-2009, 01:34 PM
In this phrase, the guy COMPLETELY owns himself

they'll never get better if they just accuse people who are better than them at cheating
I think he meant GAMING

Psych0
04-02-2009, 01:50 PM
In this phrase, the guy COMPLETELY owns himselfI think he meant GAMING

;D I agree.

Besides, if you are experienced in catching cheaters, you should see the difference anyway.

Sneaky
04-04-2009, 04:16 PM
Well on the note of Demoing, why dont we ask pb and other ACs to put in a demo feature. I know pb has a screen shot faclity. Why cant it does demos like 30 seconds of what the person sees at random intervals. PB, when you call for a screen shot it waits between 2 set times (randomly snaps the screen shot between 2 times).

.-(AUST)-.{Inferno}
04-05-2009, 10:29 AM
because a demo-vid is HELLA big? do a demo (just 10sec) of everyone on a 100people server and the servers going to crash in no time at all. People already have lagspikes when simple screenshots are taken... (like me)

Sneaky
04-18-2009, 08:49 AM
I doesnt have to be everyone. Have the admin select which ones he wants. Your already getting a live feed from the server. What is to say that the server can take that and just save 10 seconds of it.

.-(AUST)-.{Inferno}
04-20-2009, 12:13 PM
Hey sneaky
I just asked the Pro's about this, check THIS (http://www.auotst.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=4962) out.

Sneaky
04-20-2009, 04:09 PM
They are 100% right. Memory is the biggest thing. Now on the thing stating a server can take many shots in a short time isnt true. PB has a limit on how many shots it may take in a 10 minute period. I believe it was 3 shots.

Note that regardless of the combination of manual and automatic screenshot requests submitted during gameplay, the PunkBuster system limits screen shots in two ways. First, each individual screenshot is limited to 82,000 pixels in an effort to keep image file sizes and transfer bandwidth requirements down. If you set your parameters (described below) to request images that contain more than 82,000 pixels, then PunkBuster will automatically reduce the image size until the actual capture fits within the limitation. Also, PunkBuster will not allow more than 3 screenshots to be requested from each player within any 10 minute period, nor allow a screenshot to be requested within 30 seconds of the previous request. The PB_SV_PLIST command used to display information about connected players has a column called "RecentSS" which shows the number of requests for each player within the last 10 minutes.

PB Admin Commands Guide under Screen Shot Facility

TCT DL
04-25-2009, 01:43 PM
sure would be nice if PB did enhance its utility fer the server admins.
but seein how things work out in the past, i just dont see it happenin.

we stress to all our admins to take demos firstly, then ss's. be nice, dont say nuthin, just get the demos, ss, info.
dont mind playin the cat & mouse game, if we get what we set out to get...

Sneaky
05-02-2009, 12:19 AM
sure would be nice if PB did enhance its utility fer the server admins.
but seein how things work out in the past, i just dont see it happenin.

we stress to all our admins to take demos firstly, then ss's. be nice, dont say nuthin, just get the demos, ss, info.
dont mind playin the cat & mouse game, if we get what we set out to get...

Yes and I agree with you on that.

Lets get back on topic.

Now the funny thing is that hackers gives subtle hints to the admins. To an untrained eye to catch hacks its harder to spot exactly what hack it is. To a trained admin, it is quite easy to spot.

GreenBean-HH-
02-24-2010, 01:04 AM
Bot.smooth 1,2,3 is more than enough. As long as your crosshair isn't moving instantaneously, you will just look very "quick".

I've seen this too many times where a player aim is almost machine like and appears to lock on to a target... sorta natural, sorta not.

I'm also seeing more pistols that sometimes don't have recoil, so the shooter can see past the pistol's recoil to the target (COD4).

AsicsKoki
09-22-2010, 10:40 AM
It doesent have to mean that if someone has the best score time after time he is a cheater. I play for hours on any server(hardcore, i cant play normal) and i link 10 games with first place. I reach 10000(1000 kills)points in a cod6 lobby when playing ffa. There are some realy rage-good players out there. A dude from my clan, Senat__LocO ex member of my clan(search him on gametracker), i can say that he has never finished a game in second place if he playd from start...

EDIS
03-15-2017, 05:39 PM
Hahaha this is a good one. I love it. I absolutely love it.
So many good tips that if everyone would simply follow these... they could actually become quite good at certain fps games without even using hacks in the first place.

In this phrase, the guy COMPLETELY owns himself

I think he meant GAMING

Not really. You see that is how they think.
Besides, those guys are very ignorant. Most of them believe that everyone is cheating and a true skill does not exsist. Also, in order to sell their "products" they have to continously claim that its the case until it becomes a fact. Oh wait... its 2017...guess what - they have succeeded.