PDA

View Full Version : Hacked Forum

GreenBean-HH-
02-14-2009, 06:09 PM
I've made a few News posts on our XFire site regarding HackHunters forum being hacked, noted below. As you may know our site was down for about 10 days starting January 17th, 2009. This was to allow our host to do a through investigation, which they did, in order to bring those responsible to justice, which we will see to.

As you may also know, the group responsible has brought down many other clan and organization websites. They apparently didn't see my message on xFire, in the hopes that they would see it and understand that there will be consequences for their actions. I will repost the XFire News items here for anyone to comment on.

They have also hacked people's personal pages on Myspace and XFire. What they fail to see is that they're making a lot of people very angry at them, and these people will seek justice until justice has been fulfilled. In a way I feel sorry for them, for their ignorance of consequences, ignorance of the negative effect their having on people, their blind arrogance, and for the fact that they will have to look back on their life with regret... that's for their whole life which will be another 60 years for them. Why do people do such stupid things that ultimately ruin only their own lives. 60 years is a long time to have to live with something you've done.

Anyway, here's a few of the posts I made.

Code Section: Penal Code 156.00, et seq.:
Felony Computer Crimes: Computer tampering in first degree is a class C felony (it is not a misdemeanor, know the difference).

Felony computer crime laws prohibit a person from performing certain acts without authorization, including 1) accessing a computer, system, or network; 2) modifying, damaging, using, disclosing, copying, or taking programs or data; 3) introducing a virus or other contaminant into a computer system; 4) using a computer in a scheme to defraud (stealing passwords); 5) interfering with someone else's computer access or use (virus); 6) using encryption in aid of a crime; 7) falsifying e-mail source information; and 8) stealing an information service from a provider.

Because of a recent barrage of hacking against individual computers, websites, all from one small group of individuals, and because of their continued actions and blatant arrogance, legal action has been initiated.

As a hacker, you should know the difference between a Grand Jury and a Trail Jury. You should know that even an 'attempt' at hacking is worthy of prosecution and carries the same penalties. You should retain a lawyer. You have rights and should exercise those rights. You should understand that there aren't just fines involved but actual jail time. You should be aware that being a minor does not exclude you from prosecution, but for those in your group that are 18 and over the penalties will be stiffer. You should get used to the idea of 'stiffer' penalties.

You should understand that while you think you are only tampering with an individual or small group, that you are in fact tampering with companies like Network Solutions, Inc., xFire, Inc. which is part of Viacom, and MySpace, Inc., and many others. You should also realize that many members of the communities you have hacked are themselves in law enforcement... what wee you thinking? Because of the arrogance and pervasive attitude you've shown, all these groups, and many others, have joined forces and are fully cooperating with one another. OMG, What WERE You Thinking???

HackHunters main forum is down as investigators examine all the evidence of their hack attack. It will return once their investigation is completed. For us it is a small sacrifice to stop this kind of attack from happening to others. We appreciate everyone's patience and acknowledge all the hard work that went into our forums for the benefit of everyone. Investigators have insisted that we keep it off-line for now.

One more thing, ignorance of the law has never worked as an excuse to commit crime as every criminal knows when they are committing a crime. The law only puts into words the definitions of acts, penalties and procedures, so as to act as a civilized guideline for prosecution.

Don't download any file from Xfire message window, or click on any links that somone, even if you think you know them (as accounts are being stolen along with the user's names) as these are actually virus that will kill your computer.

Password Warning:
As mentioned before, don't give out your password to anyone. It's yours and yours alone.

More on Virus Warning...
You might get a message that reads something like this:
"Hey (your name), your buddy is learning to program a little bit and we made an xfire spammer :D so please download it and test it and let us know how you like it! DOWNLOAD BY CLICKING THIS LINK: http: // www.asdofiij....

If you download it, you'll hear the little arrogant hacker say something like this:
"guess what, wanne see something cool?, (computer gets messed up), you like that? lol, lol register or ima f*** u inside out... U LIKE THAT TRICK, lol, i do"

We know of people who have had to reinstall their OS along with repurchasing games, changing all passwords, etc. Be careful, and then go have some fun without worry.

There is someone who's using my name (GreenBean) to ask for personal info including passwords. Do not give anyone your personal information. No one from HackHunters will ask for any personal info. There's no reason we need it. None!
Thanks and be smart out there.

You think it couldn't happen...

someone talked their way into our XFire account, saying they were me (greenbean) and asking someone for their password. The person gave it to them, because they know that I am a trustworthy person. Problem is, they weren't talking to me, they were talking to a hacker. Hackers are abusers, they take info and use it to hurt other people, in this case, our Guild, the person who they conned and our admins who had to take their time to fix everything.

Don't be fooled, never give out personal information, especially passwords. We don't need your personal password. There are safe ways for us to recover our password, we don't need to ask someone for their passward. Never.

Speaking of abusive behavior, that is behavior that hurts someone in some way.... let's see what company hackers are keeping: Wife Beaters, School Bully, Con 'Artists', Mail and Check Fraud, Graffiti 'Artists', and the list goes on... all these groups have one thing in common, they are willing to abuse others for their own personal pleasure or gain. What's sad is, you can feel sorry for them because their brain works in such a way that they feel justified in abusing... in other words, they always have an excuse to not do the right thing.

The other sad part is they don't realize that life can be good, but only if they learn to alter their behavior and climb out of the hole they've dug themselves into. That's no easy task, but, once they realize that their abusive behavior can land them in jail, or cost them financially, they may decide on their own that what they currently see in the mirror isn't what they want to be as a person. In fact, they probably think they ARE a nice person. They need to look closely and ask themselves, "is that what I am?"

GreenBean-HH-
02-14-2009, 06:17 PM
This warning came from a colleague and it's good sound advice, if only being safe:

First let me start with this. If your site was attacked then chances are they now have your database.
If this is the case they now have a ton of emaill addys, passwords, and info from any PM that has been sent using your forums.
they use the database to gain access to the Xfires and etc by trying to use the same password.

I sugest you inform users to change all passwords ASAP.
They will try myspace, xfire, msn, yahoo mail, hotmail, paypal, and all of the popular messengers.

I have yet to be attacked as I use a different password for all websites.

I also have locked down the database on our site as well. But this is how they ae gaining info

We have no reports of anyone taking passwords from anyone here at HackHunters, but if what is said above is true, then perhaps it would be smart to go ahead and change some passwords.

|EAS|Kevlar2014
02-19-2009, 06:48 PM
it was

UB_Dragon
02-19-2009, 07:00 PM
Nice

I caught zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I have names and addresses of the punks who call themselves hackers, they are nothing but password stealers.

When can we get together and swap information.

Can this post be moved to a private section?

|EAS|Kevlar2014
02-19-2009, 07:39 PM
We just got your app, so once we process it, you should have access to private forums. Just give us a few days, and then you can see some of the posts we have in there.

UB_Dragon
02-19-2009, 09:37 PM
no prob,

i will need info on the hackers,

time,

ip's used ect....

got the FBI looking into the case. They are interested as we have victims and the guilty party.