PDA

View Full Version : Car Accessories?

GreenBean-HH-
07-10-2012, 07:46 PM
Anyone have LoJack, black box, camera, gps tracking or any other accessory attached to their vehicle?

Just bought a BLACK VUE Pitta DR400G-HD (Full HD) camera with GPS tracking... looks cool to me and good for evidence if someone plows into me. http://www.blackvue.com.sg/products.html

It even has a feature that records when you're parked, but I'm a bit nervous it'll drain the car battery if left on.

AsicsKoki
07-11-2012, 10:10 AM
i got a tomtom gps, and its very solid. Updates itself when u hook it up to a pc. :D
Bluetooth connection, so i can play music with my phone, and talk. Thats about it.
I am more of "under the hood" kind of guy :D

IMO its better to spend money on a turbocharger than a car fridge...

but the little camera is cool for parking, when working with sound based sensors, you cant fail to park.

GreenBean-HH-
07-11-2012, 06:04 PM
the tomtom is a great system and seems to work very well... yeah just got that myself and was reading it's manual today actually. Does it have your language Koki? You driving a Mustang?

Yeah I have to figure out how to get the sim card updated for the tomtom... need a card reader and download the PC software for it.

Living in NYC and watching those drivers out there I think the camera might come in handy. We have, as you might of guessed, many foreign drivers from all over the world with their own special way of driving... gets a little crazy sometimes. If anything I might get some interesting footage.

AsicsKoki
07-12-2012, 05:35 AM
The mustang was all broken and sold, i have a Skoda Octavia rs(2011 model) now. Its much better.
Fixing up that mustang would have cost a lot of money here in Serbia. I heard the guy who bought it took the engine out and put in a peugeot engine in it, what a shame.

Im looking forward, and saving up next few years for a skoda fabia rs, its amazing.

Also, yes the tomtom has Serbian language, but i use it in English.

Btw driving in Serbia is epic stuff. Considering that there are mostly young drivers here on the road, its crazy!!
Many of my friends dont have a drivers license and they drive casual like they do.

GreenBean-HH-
07-14-2012, 06:49 PM
I can only imagine how it is in Serbia, nice countryside driving there. stay safe and have fun rebuilding the Skoda.

the Blackvue camera arrived yesterday and installed it. Turns on when the vehicle is on, works great, nice resolution.