PDA

View Full Version : In The News: 25 Hackers arrested...

GreenBean-HH-
03-03-2012, 11:25 AM
25 alleged Anonymous members arrested internationally; hacker group retaliates

By Megan Geuss | Published 3 days ago

Excerpt:

Tuesday afternoon, the international police organization Interpol announced the arrest of 25 alleged members of Anonymous by officials in Argentina, Chile, Colombia, and Spain.

Interpol announced that the arrests were made as part of "Operation Unmask", an international effort launched in mid-February to grab the perpetrators of attacks on websites in Colombia and Chile, including the Colombian Defense Ministry and presidential websites, a Chilean electricity company, and Chile's national library. Officials also seized 250 pieces of equipment, including computers and mobile phones, during a search of 40 locations in 15 cities.

The Guardian reports Interpol's acting executive director of police services Bernd Rossbach said, "This operation shows that crime in the virtual world does have real consequences for those involved, and that the Internet cannot be seen as a safe haven for criminal activity."

For the full un-edited story, go here: http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2012/02/25-alleged-anonymous-members-nabbed-in-international-arrests-hacker-group-retaliates.ars?comments=1#comments-bar

PS: the comments are fun to read too ;)

wOOdy-HH-
03-03-2012, 12:13 PM
My favorite comment out of all them..

Tomorrow at 5, INTERPOL open a new anti-cyber crime unit staffed by 25 "elite" international whitehats.

Peace
wOOdy

jimbouk1977
03-05-2012, 06:52 PM
So True Woody

Not sure if i think Anonymous are a good thing or nt to be honest with you.

GuNn3R
03-05-2012, 09:21 PM
nice read... although I think based on the extent of most of it and seeing how its in south america 5 years as the max is lenient..