PDA

View Full Version : is there a way to block xbox users?

GreenBean-HH-
05-26-2011, 12:14 PM
So, as I understand it, xbox360 users have built in an auto-aiming function to help them hit a target, did you all know this?

If this is true I'm not sure why it is required. Is it because the console controls are terrible compare to a mouse? Is it because they figure that most of their customers are young kids and need the helping hand? Weigh in if you know something?

So, in the interest of fair gaming, is there a way to block xbox360 users from a PC clan's server? and with that question in mind, are xbox360 users even playing side by side with PC users or do they only have access through some other network like xboxlive or something (being a person who knows nothing about how xbox works)?

Is MicroSoft really giving their customers an unfair built-in advantage?

What about Ps3 (Play Station 3)?

AsicsKoki
05-26-2011, 01:32 PM
as much as i know xbox ppl cant join pc servers, different game versions and stuff... dont worry xbox does not have dedicated servers(im not shure i heard some things) and cod4 match making is same as cod6 on pc.

allso even if they had autoaim still it wont matter a bit against natural movement of the mouse and key-b. btw what i do know is that it is able to aim trough smoke-bombs... kinda beats the idea of smoke-nades does it...xD

GreenBean-HH-
05-26-2011, 05:01 PM
well what games are both PC and xBox360?

I know Crysis2 and BattleField Bad Company 2 run both.

Not sure how Crysis2 servers work or if it is standard that xbox users never play against PC users. If that's the case, then it's good to know.

RocknRoll
05-28-2011, 11:07 AM
PC players and console players do not connect to the same servers.

GreenBean-HH-
05-28-2011, 07:29 PM
good to know for absolutely sure. I've been wondering about some spectacular shots and if those were made by xbox users.