PDA

View Full Version : Wish we could invent a way: pb/vac

Psyc
02-27-2011, 06:17 PM
I wish were we could invent a way to combine punkbuster and vac into one site, were clans could go to check ips and or guids before excepting members. I run every ip against pb and check the vac site of every one of my clan members but there is no way to make it simple. What are your thoughts and Ideas?

Fire@enemy
02-27-2011, 09:47 PM
You can make a search function to run it against both banned ip places.

Psyc
02-28-2011, 12:08 AM
I would be interested in knowing how.

GreenBean-HH-
02-28-2011, 02:12 PM
I think something like this would be very useful to clans for the exact reason Pysc is mentioning: who can you trust?

I know HH would be interested in helping develop and distribute some tool that would help admins. The only problem is checking IP's only might be misleading because of people who's IP changes a lot.

Fire@enemy
03-01-2011, 05:59 PM
That's why they came up with a GUID with PB, and such. To make it easier. But we would have to find the link to the list of the player IP's that are banned by PB, and vac.

Sneaky
01-03-2012, 07:56 PM
Yes I know this is an old thread.

There is a way and its alot simpler than you think.

There are already ways to check both PB and VAC on sites. They havnt been combined however so you need a persons PB GUID, and their Steam ID.

Once you get both of those, making a form that hits both databases is a walk in the park.

PB will allow you to get the ban ID number which is those like 9 or 10 digit codes in bans. Each of those numbers is assigned to a hack's version. Finding out which one is a pain but the first 2 digits say what was the violation.

VAC is more of a pain because all they allow you to see on a person is 1 of 2 things. In Good Standing or ban(s) on Record.