PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Cheat Programming (C++)

Jstar
01-14-2011, 12:22 PM
Hey guys... just saw a link to your website and thought i might pop along to see what it is all about. Nice to see people who are interested in the same things as me- catching cheaters. :)

Now the reason why i am making this thread (hopefully in the right section on the forums :D) is because i want to make an anti-cheat for Counter Strike: Source. I have heard rumours about how difficult it is but I am definately up for learning and attempting this task. My knowldge of C++ is basic at the moment but i am self teaching myself in the hope of one day being able to make a sucessful anti-cheat.

Is there anyone out there who has a vast knowledge of c++ or the secrets of how sucessful anti-cheats work, ESL wire anti-cheat for example, it would be a great help. At the moment i am starting from scratch so any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Thanks for reading
Jstar :D

GreenBean-HH-
01-14-2011, 08:57 PM
welcome to HackHunters Jstar and best of luck with your project.

I'll leave the post here for awhile, but will probably move it to Announcements: requests for help in a week or so. there will be a link to it from this location.

If you haven't built an AntiCheat before, you might consider helping out on a smaller project to get a taste before making the huge commitment that will be required, but that's just a suggestion.

Anyway, let us know your progress. As you move forward others might be interested in jumping in.

Jstar
01-15-2011, 05:34 AM
Thanks for your reply. I agree with what you are saying about working on a smaller project first and i will spend alot of time trailing with different anti-cheat ideas and learning new coding techniques if need be.

The problem is my knowledge of C++ and I will have to learn some visual basic for the program itself- so anyone with past experience in writing anti-cheats or any complex C++ code it would be great to hear from you because if im honest.... im not sure where to start :P

Jstar

Fire@enemy
01-16-2011, 12:54 PM
I like your idea there. It takes tons of time learning a programming language. I have been coding for almost 2 years now and i am still a big rookie. Even though it is only PHP and C#. Either way just watch tutorials and keep going.

Shifty
01-21-2011, 03:01 PM
If u have an AA2 cheater banlist script from hackhunters i will put it on my server

GreenBean-HH-
01-26-2011, 12:34 PM
we don't have any ban lists, it's not what we do. HH is more of a portal for ppl to find info, and for other ACO's to connect and maybe develop new ideas for their own efforts.