PDA

View Full Version : Detecting Speed Hackers

someone
12-08-2010, 03:28 PM
So, I'm particularly good at catching cheaters of all sorts but even I need some help from time to time. There's a game that's behind in the times compared to others when it comes to anti-cheat systems. Speed hacking is a problem. Speed hacking at a high rate is pretty easy to detect...it's about as easy as it gets actually. But even low speed hacking can give people advantages. So...I just want some words from other people that are knowledgeable in speed hacking who can possibly give me some tips in detecting speed hackers at a low rate. The tools for this that are available are minimal...I use good old fashioned eyes, educated guesses and calculations.

Comparing one thing to another, find a way to scan someone's processes for something like cheat_engine.exe...any useful suggestions are welcome.

AsicsKoki
12-08-2010, 05:29 PM
can this game possibly be World of warcraft? Ok, i play i will help.
All the characters ingame have SAME SPEED. In order to go faster, unmounted u use crusader aura, aspect, unholy pres. or nitro boots(possibly levitate i never playd a priest, if i forgot something, well... u got the point). THAT IS ALL. If someone is running in arena from you, and i do mean running and getting away, and he doesent have any of these active(or if he is a character that cant use a skill to go faster) he hacks. Report to realm admin.

It is a bad thing that blizzard never put a antycheat system in wow, there are more hacks than this, but this is the most exploitable one.

If the game isnt wow, please tell so we can answer corectly.

Koki

someone
12-08-2010, 08:13 PM
Nope, it's actually a browser-based multiplayer soccer game. Not sure if this one (Power Soccer is the name) or FIFA online is bigger. They're both pretty big. If you haven't played this game, it's fine. If you have, however, played other games and figured out a way or have some tips on finding out who is speed hacking at a low rate, then I could probably use your ideas and implement them into this game. Honestly...I could probably figure out who is speed hacking easily but that would require doing something that I'm completely against (sending someone spyware).

Feel free to check out that game if you're into soccer as well though. I don't play it much because I actually have a lot going on outside the 'net, but I do still enjoy doing my job on there...busting hackers, haha.

AsicsKoki
12-10-2010, 05:58 AM
i have never playd it. nor do i play socer games, they all suck(imo). just go outside and play soccer. no haking there.