PDA

View Full Version : Black Ops dedicated servers

AsicsKoki
10-26-2010, 02:19 PM
This is a text from http://www.cod7blackops.com a web-site with game details. This site allways gets first scoop on cod games.

"The PC version of COD7 Black Ops will have dedicated server support, but the only way to host a dedicated server is by renting one from GameServers.com, as it's the exclusive provider for the game. The partnership will provide high-quality servers at an affordable rate and of course effective anti-cheating moderation.

Ranked Servers allow players to earn XP and CoD Points, Unranked Servers on the other hand don't, but they can be highly customized. Ranked Servers will cost $14.95 a month for an 18 player server and Unranked Servers will cost $0.99 a month per player. There are no setup fees and you can get discounts for a 3, 6 and 12 month prepay.

You get full 24/7 technical support with one of the largest networks around. You can also easily manage your server with their custom control panel. The billing period doesn't start until the server is activated, so pre-order yours now!"

what do you think about aloweing only one company to host these. some of us from 3rd world states cant use their services. Do you think that it will be ilegal if i make a server via my pc or my current company? Can i get charged for some sort of crime?

We serbs allways crack games first, so i beleve that one week after relese it would be possible to host from home(or other serbian companies).

GreenBean-HH-
10-26-2010, 09:05 PM
just follow the rules set out and if the game isn't supported in Serbia then protest the fact. it might be tough to resist but that's life. but i doubt they would actually prevent people from anywhere from buying and playing the game including on servers. that would be business suicide.

AsicsKoki
10-27-2010, 03:42 AM
the game it-sealf is supported, but server hosting isnt.

!AR!BlackHawk
10-29-2010, 04:16 PM
I bought all CoD versions 2 times (2 pc's) but after CoD4/WAW I stopped buying them because of the lack of dedicated support. With this "exclusive" server contract with gameservers.com I believe that they are going to dig their own grave and if they go on like this then they might face some anti-trust claims coming their way.

Moreno
11-05-2010, 03:43 PM
The way Activision is creating the COD series is starting to go down hill since COD 6.