PDA

View Full Version : Homefront (out Now-March 2011)

wOOdy-HH-
08-26-2010, 12:07 AM
UPDATE: This game is available now! Uses VAC AntiCheat

Only thing I could see that would be a problem is if they do not release this with Punkbuster or some other anticheat, as I have read up on the engine it looks like you have to purchase the engine BIG$$$ itself to implement any kind of anticheat coding. Hopefully they will take the time to integrate a anticheat into this game with PB or somting before release.

Check out the preview on:

E3 09: Homefront Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuCcZnVPDpc&feature=player_embedded#ws)

Here is alittle more info.

AGOURA HILLS, Calif., Aug 18, 2010 (BUSINESS WIRE) — THQ Inc. (NASDAQ:THQI) today announced that the Windows PC version of the hotly anticipated first-person-shooter Homefront,TM from Kaos Studios, is being developed by a dedicated team at Canadian-based studio, Digital Extremes.

Homefront on PC further illustrates THQ’s commitment to PC gamers with additional features and options for multiplayer fans.

“Digital Extremes has a superb track record in PC development,” said David Votypka, General Manager at Kaos Studios, THQ. “While the team here at Kaos is completely focused on the core Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of Homefront, our partnership with Digital Extremes means that PC gamers can look forward to a version of the game tailored to the demands of the discerning PC gamer.”

“We’re building on the great game that Kaos Studios is making and enhancing it with specific PC relevant features,” added Frank De Lise, Executive Producer, THQ. “PC players will be able to set up and host Homefront dedicated servers and enjoy additional community features including clan support. We believe the core PC first-person-shooter fan will really appreciate these features, which are becoming increasingly rare.”
For more information on Homefront, follow the game at Facebook.com/Homefrontgame or Twitter.com/Homefrontgame.

About Homefront

The year is 2027. Her infrastructure shattered and military in disarray, America has fallen to a savage occupation by the nuclear armed Greater Korean Republic.

Abandoned by her former allies, the United States is a bleak landscape of walled towns and abandoned suburbs. This is a police state where high school stadiums have become detention centers, and shopping malls shelter armored attack vehicles.

Join the Resistance, stand united and fight for freedom against an overwhelming military force in Homefront’s gripping, cinematic single player campaign, and experience epic, ground breaking multiplayer action all set in a terrifyingly plausible near-future world.

Let me now what you all think.

Thanks
wOOdy

Moreno
08-26-2010, 01:41 PM
Great looking game you have posted. I know AA3 uses U3 engine and I like it so far.

GreenBean-HH-
08-26-2010, 01:53 PM
Does the unreal engine have that 'strafe jumping' issue of earlier unreal engines?

This certainly looks good: "PC players will be able to set up and host Homefront dedicated servers and enjoy additional community features including clan support."

The game and story look good, but not sure if it'll rise to the top. The character animations look a just a bit rough and the scenes look 'staged' rather than natural like COD series or BF series always makes their maps look. We'll see how the game shapes up with later video releases.

thanks for the heads up wOOdy!

wOOdy-HH-
08-26-2010, 05:57 PM
Does the unreal engine have that 'strafe jumping' issue of earlier unreal engines?

This certainly looks good: "PC players will be able to set up and host Homefront dedicated servers and enjoy additional community features including clan support."

The game and story look good, but not sure if it'll rise to the top. The character animations look a just a bit rough and the scenes look 'staged' rather than natural like COD series or BF series always makes their maps look. We'll see how the game shapes up with later video releases.

thanks for the heads up wOOdy!

I own a copy of UT3 and it is nothing like ut2k4 they went back to the original feel of Original UT version without the double jump crap..
I believe the graphics will be cleaned up allot before release, if it is even half as good of graphics as UT3 then this game will look great.
I agree with you GreenBean later trailers will look allot better when they add in directx10.

GreenBean-HH-
03-26-2011, 05:47 PM
HOMEFRONT AntiCheat

VAC Valve AntiCheat System

Quote from HomeFronter.com Wiki:

Homefront PC supports local banlist on a server as well as importing a global banlist from a community anti-cheat site. Community anti-cheat sites listed in sections below.

When investigating cheating claims, the best possible practice is to use demos. We encourage all GSP's to run the demo recorder and to post the URL where their demos are available (from the pause menu in multiplayer, there is a demoURL field in the server info). This allows users to grab the demos from the games in which they see cheaters and pass them on.
Either from in-game, or from demos, or spectator mode use the "userlist" console command to list the names and steamID's (required for bans) in the console, as well as in a text file in your config directory. This allows you to view a demo and pull cheater steamID's from the demo for enforcing bans.

^DaB^Ap3x^Pr3dator
06-22-2011, 02:43 AM
Homefront was set to market years ago, thats why the MP graphics look the way they do.
I was impressed with the story mode, now they need to update the engine for the Multi Player mode or i fear this is gonna flop.

GreenBean-HH-
06-22-2011, 10:28 AM
yeah I'm sort of afraid that BF3 is showing off too much video content, there comes a point where a person will say: seen that (and done that even though they haven't played the actual game).