PDA

View Full Version : Dutch game hacker arrested

!AR!BlackHawk
04-19-2010, 12:36 PM
Amsterdam - April 19th 2010

A 22 year old man from Oegstgeest (Rotterdam) has been arrested on suspicion of game hacking & threatening the owners of multiple online gaming companys. Since 2008 four reports where filed against the player which now resulted in his arrest. The player called "Woopie" is being charged for cybercrime, online theft, online burglary & threat.

Four computers he owned have been seized.

---

Let this be a warning for other haxors :)

GreenBean-HH-
04-19-2010, 04:06 PM
This is bound to happen, it's not just the cheat makers, but the actual players who cheat who are also at risk of serious prosecution. In my professional world many who work think that only the boss can get sued, but the reality is that any employee who is negligent can also get sued.

I don't know what the word 'treathing' means that you used.

Do you have a link to the article?

Found it HERE (http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=nl&u=http://www.blikopnieuws.nl/bericht/112338/Aanhouding_22-jarige_hacker_na_aanvallen_op_internetspellen.html&ei=ELfMS7avMYH6lweIot3mBQ&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CAsQ7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3DWoopie%2BOegstgeest%2Bhacker%2Barrest %26hl%3Den%26client%3Dsafari%26rls%3Den)

Arrest after 22-year-old hacker attacks on Internet games

Oegstgeest - The High Tech Crime Team of the National Criminal Investigation Department on Monday in Oegstgeest a 22-year-old man arrested, believed responsible for attacks on online internet games. This is the Public Prosecutor (OM) announced Monday.

Photo: archive FBF
The owners of the club games and extreme crime club have reported bullying, cyber attacks, burglaries and theft by an unknown perpetrator with the Internet name "Woopie.

It is a genre of online computer games, where players in the shoes of their characters crawl. The game will immerse themselves attacked the underworld where she was the best gangster of the game have to be. By commands, players power, status and power deserve. Especially among young people these games are hugely popular.

dDoS attack
Since March 2008, four declarations made about attacks on online games. In one case, a so-called dDoS attack lasted four days.

High Tech Crime Team, the declarations which were made by the regional police, bundled and the study continued. After the arrest of the suspect by detectives seized four computers.

look at Mr. Cool ;D

http://www.blikopnieuws.nl/media/foto/large/200507211121964865_16257.jpg

GreenBean-HH-
04-19-2010, 04:21 PM
There's a couple of bans on a guy named Woopie, here's one:

GUID 2411d7ad3ed0cfdcafd42d0749d121aa
(PBBans)
Game Call of Duty 4
Global This GUID is globally banned by EvenBalance

Alias & User IP
Alias (3) User IP (2)
r50
woopie
xWoopie

from Netherlands

this is linked to another guy named xWoopie also in the Netherlands for BFBC2, so watch out for him... oh wait, nvm, you don't have to worry because he's in JAIL!

My guess he was pissed off about getting banned, but did the stupid thing of not acknowledge that what he was doing (hacking) was criminal and therefore tough luck.

!AR!BlackHawk
04-20-2010, 04:56 AM
I thought I spelled that right :), but i ment treathining :)

RocknRoll
04-20-2010, 10:21 AM
I thought I spelled that right :), but i ment treathining :)

" Threatening "

GreenBean-HH-
04-20-2010, 11:37 AM
thanks R&R, yeah now it makes sense :)

so this guy was threatening too... what a numb-chuck.

!AR!BlackHawk
04-20-2010, 05:41 PM
Lmao xD you have words that make no sense if it isnt your native language... so thanks for correcting it "again" haha..

GreenBean-HH-
04-20-2010, 06:08 PM
i'm usually very good at reading 'foreign english' ;D

i think i must of read it before my coffee :)

ahh, to be honest i'm not sure i would of spelled it correctly the first time either ;D