PDA

View Full Version : MOHAA* Medal Of Honor in Afghanistan? The New Game!

game
01-06-2010, 09:51 AM
http://www.tntblowout.com/images/topics/newmoh.jpg

see our HackHunters exclusive video posted below

ABOUT THE GAME: MOHAA
New Version Set in Modern Afghanistan!
==============================
EA Reinvents Franchise with New Development Teams, New Soldier, New Setting

Medal of Honor returns to the front lines, this time in today's war. For the first time in the franchise's 10-year history, Medal of Honor is leaving the WWII theatre and putting players in war-torn Afghanistan. Electronic Arts today revealed that in 2010, Medal of Honor, an all-new first-person shooter game, will introduce the Tier 1 Operator: a relatively unknown entity directly under the National Command Authority who takes on missions no one else can handle. The development team has been working closely with Tier 1 Operators from the U.S. Special Operations Community since the earliest stages of development to create the most authentic modern war experience. Inspired by real events, Medal of Honor reveals the mission of today's most elite American soldier - his will, his mindset and his uncompromising professionalism.

Medal of Honor is being built with a best-in-class single-player campaign. The Medal of Honor development team at EALA has been hand-selected by the studio leadership of General Manager Sean Decker, Executive Producer Greg Goodrich and Senior Creative Director Rich Farrelly. To compliment the single-player experience, EALA has enlisted the multiplayer expertise at EA DICE. This team will develop the multiplayer experience of Medal of Honor. These two studios are coming together to deliver a world-class Medal of Honor that is poised to re-set the franchise for a new generation.

"When we first set out to reinvent Medal of Honor, we wanted to stay true to its roots of authenticity and respect for the soldier but bring it into today's war. The Tier 1 Operator is the most disciplined, deliberate and prepared warrior on the battlefield. He is a living, breathing, precision instrument of war." said Greg Goodrich, Executive Producer, Medal of Honor. "We are honored to have the rare opportunity to work closely with these men to create a game that shares their experience."

"EA has always been an advocate for telling the soldiers' story. The new Medal of Honor follows that tradition. We felt it was important to tell the story of today's war and today's elite soldiers via today's most relevant medium - videogames," said Sean Decker, VP and General Manager of EALA. "We are so proud to bring together two powerhouse development teams to make this game a reality; EA Los Angeles and EA DICE. Medal of Honor promises to be an unforgettable entry in the modern shooter genre."

Follow us on twitter at medalofhonor. Become a fan of the game on our Facebook page. For additional information and news, visit the Official Website.

Thanks TNT for the breaking news! http://www.tntblowout.com/

GreenBean-HH-
01-06-2010, 09:57 AM
And we have the first details on EA's Medal of Honor! Here are five quick details about the actual game itself...

Tier 1 Ops soldiers brought in to help with authenticity - camo, military speak and so on.

Takes place in Afghanistan

You can shoot out lights and use night-vision

There will be multiple playable characters

Features sprinting and knife melee attack, similar to Call of Duty

Source: http://www.oxm.co.uk/article.php?id=16245

game
01-06-2010, 10:10 AM
Medal of Honor (Afghan Assault)

Medal of Honor Official Website: http://www.medalofhonor.com/
EA Official Website: http://www.ea.com/games/medal-of-honor
Release Date: Fall 2010
Platform: PC, PS3, XBox360
Developer: EA Los Angeles
Genres: Shooting
Brand: Medal of Honor
Rating: Pending (17+)

Game Info
Operating directly under the National Command Authority, a relatively unknown entity of handpicked warriors are called on when the mission must not fail. They are the Tier 1 Operators.

Over 2 million Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines wear the uniform. Of those, approximately 50 thousand fall under the direct control of the Special Operations Command. The Tier 1 Operator functions on a plane of existence above and beyond even the most highly trained Special Operations Forces. Their exact numbers, while classified, hover in the low hundreds. They are living, breathing, precision instruments of war. They are experts in the application of violence. The new Medal of Honor is inspired by and has been developed with Tier 1 Operators from this elite community. Players will step into the boots of these warriors and apply their unique skill sets to a new enemy in the most unforgiving and hostile battlefield conditions of present day Afghanistan.

There is a new enemy. There is a new war. There is a new warrior. He is Tier 1.

http://www.medalofhonor.com/sites/all/themes/moh/images/preorder.png

game
01-06-2010, 10:12 AM
December 30, 2009
GamerZines recently talked with Medal of Honor's Executive Producer, Greg Goodrich, about the reboot of the franchise. Here's an excerpt:

GamerZines: So Afghanistan! What was the thought process behind moving from World War Two to modern combat?
Greg Goodrich: Moving the Medal of Honor franchise into the modern era and setting it against the backdrop of the current war in Afghanistan was a natural step for us. The stories we wanted tell and the individuals who inspired them were all operating in that theatre, so naturally we focused our attention to that region. And although our story is a fictional account told through the lens of a small band of imagined characters, it is based in history and illustrates the harsh, rugged and diverse terrain of modern day Afghanistan.
GZ: How will you alter the experience so it's different from another well known first person shooter franchise?
GG: Medal of Honor has always been grounded in authenticity and has for the most part spotlighted events and characters that are recognizable. And although the setting, operational theatre and time frame has moved, the core tenets of authenticity and respect for the soldier still remain the heartbeat of Medal of Honor.
GZ: Is having two different studios handling development challenging?
GG: There are certain things that are logistically more difficult, but having two studios concentrate on their specialities and focus on the things they are most capable and competent in is a luxury that I've not been afforded in the past. I truly believe our audience will see the value in the end product and appreciate having two world class studios doing their very best to give them an experience that they'll not soon forget.
GZ: Having DICE focus on multiplayer seems like a huge statement on intent?
GG: Electronic Arts certainly cares about the Medal of Honor franchise and we are doing our very best both here in Los Angeles and in Sweden to live up to the commitment, support and backing the corporation has given us.

GamerZines: What changes will gamers see in the gameplay due to the desert combat setting?
Greg Goodrich: Afghanistan is a very diverse place. I think many people will expect a dry, barren and rustic setting. However, we have the ability to give our audience a visual cascade of differing terrain from this particular part of the world. Yes, there are dry, arid and colorless regions. But there are also lush green river valleys, snowy mountain peaks and culturally diverse cities filled with strange composition and irregular construction. We have the opportunity to give the player a globally rich and visually stimulating environment without having to leave Afghanistan.
GZ: Will multiplayer have vehicles?
GG: We're not talking about any of the specifics yet about the multiplayer portion of Medal of Honor except both the single player and multiplayer portions of our game are each getting the full and focused attention from their own studio. It's a very big product with a ton of effort, care and thought going into one box.
GZ: What would you say to the cynics who are simply calling your move into modern warfare a strategy of, 'if you can't beat them join them?'
GG: I would say, "Okay." And then, "Now let us tell you our story." We knew this would be the very first thing people would focus on. And quite frankly, it's a nice comparison. I'm a huge fan and consumer of our competitor's series of games. They are phenomenal products. If people want to place us in the sandbox with them, "Okay!"
GZ: Does this move mean we'll never see another MoH set in the World War Two era? Do you think gamers interest in World War Two has peaked?
GG: I wouldn't say that. But for now, our focus is Tier 1.
GZ: Can we expect any kind of multiplayer beta like we've seen with Battlefield?
GG: We've not decided on any specifics yet. But it would certainly make sense for us to repeat the things that have worked in the past.
GZ: What kind of unique gameplay concepts can we expect?
GG: You can expect beards! Big, thick, bushy, manly, vigorous and virile, Kevlar-woven, combat beards.
GZ: Does 2010 represent a great opportunity to reinstate EA's FPS dominance?
GG: There are great things in store for the EA shooters in 2010.
GZ: Obviously focusing on a Tier 1 soldiers is a big coup for authenticity but is there a danger of making it too realistic? After all you don't want a Six Days of Fallujah situation on your hands.
GG: We found the backbone of our narrative once we were introduced to the Tier 1 Operators and they became a part of our project. When they come into the studio and interact with the developers, share their stories, and drive creative meetings, it brings a laser-like focus to every discussion. It takes only a brief moment to realize that these people are very special. They are not only precision instruments of warfare, they are incredibly intelligent, thoughtful, walking encyclopedias of information who inspire you to be better at whatever it is you are currently doing. It's difficult to describe, but you can literally see members of the team wanting to be the very best at what they do after having been exposed to these individuals. It has truly been and continues to be an extremely rewarding experience.

Source: http://www.gamerzines.com/pc/previews/medal-of-honor-inteview-pt-1.html

GreenBean-HH-
01-06-2010, 04:43 PM
HackHunters special video...

it's 2 parts: The first part is the original trailer while the second part is a 'closer look'.

Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fmqKlVe9mg

Link to post on your site:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fmqKlVe9mg

Embedded Code:
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_fmqKlVe9mg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_fmqKlVe9mg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Please comment and Rate! Thanks!

GreenBean-HH-
10-08-2010, 11:17 AM
Okay, so yesterday I downloaded and tried the BETA for MOHAA (AA for Afghan Assault, and that's what I'm calling it).

So my verdict? It's worth a buy perhaps, but I don't think it breaks any new ground. Essentially, built by DICE it has the feel of BFBC2, graphically, movement and rewards/unlock system. If so, why buy it? The only reason I can think of is to get a taste of Afghanistan, if you'd like to. Otherwise the multiplayer beta, which consisted of two maps of different game modes just really didn't convince me, leaving me wondering if the single player would really make the difference.

Multiplayer Beta Maps/Game Modes: Essentially Conquest Mode (push the enemy who is defending back until all objectives have been destroyed, had the flaw of not assigning new kill limit for each level, but had instead one kill limit that if it ran out the game was over... I guess a twist from BFBC2), and Capture the Flag Mode (consisting of three bases where you try to capture and hold) are pretty well executed. The good part of CTF was the captures happen really fast. The bad part is the maps for CTF are tiny... no bigger than the maps offered during the original MOHAA, although the detail is miles above the original. And again with small maps you get those things some people love to do... camp the spwn exit points and mortar them from afar, yes already with a 3 day old beta people have already learned where to camp for that sort of advantage. Nothing worst than spawning and then immediately dying again.

For Conquest mode, while the maps are bigger, they're very narrow only offering a couple of paths for attack. You are also assigned to a squad but have no control over picking a squad like in BFBC2, so if one of your teammates snipes from afar you will spawn there... again, no real control over where you spwn like BFBC2 so, there are aspects of this game I found frustrating. The good thing is you get a preview of where and with who you are going to spawn.

Overall, the game was descent but lacked the robust features of BFBC2, so it felt like a slightly watered down version. That said, it did look as if you could go to spec to view a player which is essential and totally lacking in BFBC2.

I liked the control of the weapons, but like the original sometimes felt that I died too quick, leaving me with the feeling of 'what happened' only to respawn pretty quickly and run back into the fray... so a lot of dying and spawning goes on in this game. Can you say 'yo yo?'

User interface was all excellent, from sights, calling in mortar strikes, etc. but again something was left out and that was the ability of saying 'gg' after a match. In fact I noticed that no one chatted at all. There doesn't seem to be any in-game voice chat either but I might of missed that feature.

Controversy: Even when playing on the 'Taliban' side, you are really playing as yourself against an enemy in the context of Afghanistan, so I'd have to say there really isn't much of a controversy. Still it does cross your mind, but no more than playing as a german solider in the original MOHAA, or for that matter any game. But I think the real issue is playing a game that is making a profit on an ongoing event where people are still loosing their lives. Maybe all the profit of the game should be going to those families that lost loved ones, after all, they're not seeing any commercial gain for actually participating in the war and giving up their real life... no respawing there.

If you tried the beta, let us know what you think.

jimbouk1977
10-08-2010, 03:25 PM
This is one game that is not on my list & I used to love Dice games got all the BF series & all the COD & most of the MOH games but this one is not going to be added to the list. I@ve added a quote that you might want to read if interested in this title Try the beta before you buy it & be ready to cancel that preorder as loads have already hence why they are offering extra things with this & half price servers or life at some GSP's I think that tells you how bad this game will be.

Even though the game is fun and I would recommend that you will try it out, it suffers from a lot of problems that just have to be fixed, and even though it's still a beta, I have never played a beta that suffers the way Medal of Honor does.

Keep in mind this is only a beta, and I hope Dice fixes all of the problems or at least the major ones found in the “Ugly” section.

The Good:

Controls:

Fans of Bad Company 2 will find this game to be very familiar, which is why I did, the controls and movement makes it feel like it’s a battlefield game, makes sense since its made by Dice.

Maps:

The maps that are in the beta are pretty good, and I’m sure that if a lot of you are already bored with the middle east style maps due to playing too much Modern Warfare 2, Medal of Honor will not change that.

Customization:

One of the key things to success these days is customization, and though you don’t have that choice in the beginning (like every other shooter), once you level up you will unlock some better magazines, scopes, weapons and camouflages.

Rewards for kill streaks:

Similar to Call of Duty, the game rewards you with things like UAV’s and Mortar Strikes once you get a number of kiils in a row, which is really awesome.

The Bad:

Graphics:

They are just dated, not horrible, but dated, nothing amazing. I can easily compare a 2007 shooter that looks better, known as Call of Duty 4.

Sniper Rifles are horrible:

Sniper Rifles just don’t work they way they are supposed to:

Firstly, the sniper rifle for the Marines is not even a sniper rifle, but I can understand why they gave that weapon to that class, and both the Taliban and US sniper rifles just don’t work good, I had to shoot someone over 4 times just to kill him, with a sniper rifle!

M16 is stronger than the Ak47:

Seriously, that makes no sense.

Team play:

Coming from Dice, team play is a big aspect of their games, such as in Bad Company 2, I could easily communicate with my buddies without using a microphone, Medal of Honor just doesn’t give you that and even in the mission type games I felt like a lonewolf all the time.

It’s Dice, yet no destruction:

Even though its Dice, who are known for delivering a high quality destruction engine known as FrostBite that can be found in a game like Bad Company, I was surprised to see that it just wasn’t there, and felt like Modern Warfare.

The Ugly:

Constant Freezes:

The game just froze on me at least 3 times and i had to restart my console, nothing else can be said about that.

Delay:

Getting killed is one thing, but having a delay of about 2-3 seconds is horrible, meaning that once you do get killed, the game just freezes for 3 seconds and then you get to respawn, I’m sure everyone experiences this.

Explosions:

Now I’m not talking about the looks of them (though they are not good), I’m talking about them being too small, they seriously look horrible and have a horrible effect on your enemies and the environment.

Lags:

I had to knife some one two times in order to kill him, and even though he died on my first hit, I still had to shoot him to guarantee his death.

Can’t get off hills:

I happened to respawn on a hill twice, and even though it looked like I could get off, both times I was unable to get off and had to kill myself.

Overall Thoughts:

Even though the game is fun and I would recommend that you will try it out, it suffers from a lot of problems that just have to be fixed, and even though its still a beta, I have never played a beta that suffers the way Medal of Honor does.