PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys (DMW connecting question)

NightOwl_OvO
01-05-2010, 04:52 PM
Hi
I was wondering if you could help me :)

I used to play mohaa alot however not played in a while due to me being at university.........when i came to play the other day i noticed dmw had upgraded considerably over the past 2 years. When i come to log into my old account it says it has been deactivated due to inactivity. When i come to create a new account it says it was under review then the next day that account has been deactivated. As when i open a ticket it just says something abot a clan scanner etc so cannot find any dmw staff :(?..

any advice is much appreciated as i still wanna play very much while i have time off :)

Michael

GreenBean-HH-
01-05-2010, 06:45 PM
Can you give us some account details without supplying your password or anything that might pose a security risk to you?

We have an admin that is also at DMW I'm sure he can look into it if he has your info.

I would guess, user name and email should work.

NightOwl_OvO
01-05-2010, 08:56 PM
Thankyou so much for reply its been frustrating me for days.

The new acconut i made was:

Nightowl_ovo
michael_whitley1005@live.co.uk

Victory
01-06-2010, 08:39 PM
His account has been activated so happy playing m8

GreenBean-HH-
01-07-2010, 11:02 AM
Hey Victory, thanks for the help on checking. Just this week I've heard a few people say it is a bit frustrating to have their account deactivated after a certain period of time. Is this true? I would think they would remain active forever.

I my own experience with certain forums that deactivate your account if not active I find it frustrating myself to have to re-register finding in some circumstances that I can't use the original email I used... if deactivation is a standard, maybe it should be rethought.

Best regards and good luck. Thanks again. :)

NightOwl_OvO
01-07-2010, 03:14 PM
Indeed it is when i have to concentrate on studies etc :( lol.

Altough my account is now activated i cannot seem to get it to be seen when i run mohaa lol.......i must be very unlucky :(..

Victory
01-07-2010, 04:07 PM
Hey Victory, thanks for the help on checking. Just this week I've heard a few people say it is a bit frustrating to have their account deactivated after a certain period of time. Is this true? I would think they would remain active forever.

I my own experience with certain forums that deactivate your account if not active I find it frustrating myself to have to re-register finding in some circumstances that I can't use the original email I used... if deactivation is a standard, maybe it should be rethought.

Best regards and good luck. Thanks again. :)

All old accounts that were not used for over 6 months were deactivated for security reasons as some old accounts were being hacked and given to other players whose accounts were deactivated for cheating so it realy made sence to close them if a player is a member of a clan that have a scanner they can create a ticket and ask for the account to activated
also if they have used a hotmail account for there email address and not used it in a long time it is deactivated by hotmail and any person can request that hotmail account and use it to gain an account that had it with DMW this has also been a big security issue hope this has answered your question

GreenBean-HH-
01-07-2010, 06:13 PM
Not sure Nightowl but I'd give it at least 24 hours before I would try.

Hey Victory, thanks for the explanation. I see DMW is confronted with some very big challenges. I wonder if there's another way to solve the problem.

So accounts are based on people's email address, I wonder if it could be based on the person's GUID? or maybe a combination of things than just the email... for instance could users be asked a security question like 'what's their favorite pets name' or something every 6 months if the account is used.

Victory
01-07-2010, 09:14 PM
Hi GB the GUID is linked to a players account if say you had a players email and password you could then change the email to 1 you choose also they have a habbit of forgetting there passwords so a security question would mean that the account would never be used lol however we do have more things we check with i wont go into details but it would be good if you could talk with Dave Cash hes the CEO of DMW maybe you both could help each other out?
Regards

GreenBean-HH-
01-07-2010, 11:22 PM
I see what you mean if the emails can be hacked they gain access to the GUIDs, etc., and I do understand about people forgetting their passwords and such.

If I come up with a better system than you have already I might contact you all, but to be honest I don't have any good ideas.

I do think it's important to make it very easy for honest gamers to get reinstated and perhaps that's all that is needed, a check of the 'front door' to see if it is in fact easy for someone who's been removed to get themselves reinstated. I did hear people mention that it's hard to find out how to contact DMW.

Good luck and thanks for the insight, very informative.

Victory
01-07-2010, 11:58 PM
Our system we have now if you make an account it does not get activated it goes under review and it is checked to see if he has been banned if not banned then how many accounts has he made if no accounts and this is his only 1 then we send him an activation email once he has responded and all is ok his account is activated but can be checked at any time if anyone trys to make an extra account all his accounts are blocked

GreenBean-HH-
01-08-2010, 02:12 AM
Even I will try to make a new account (speaking in reference to forums only) if I forget my password and can't retrieve it and would suspect that would be a natural thing for people to try, once or twice, but I don't know enough about how DMW works to really comment on whether its good or not.

but seems like the automatic deactivation is problematic. If a person buys a game it's my feeling they should be able to go play whenever, even if they haven't played in a couple of years. Ultimately I suppose it's the price we all have to pay as a result of those who cheat, like having cameras in public... or having police-as we all know there are crazies out there. :D :o ;D

!AR!BlackHawk
01-08-2010, 12:36 PM
token's, thats the only way to be 99.9% sure that the person is the person who you deal with. Most banks work like that,

E-mail -> Password -> SMS (phone), but i'm afraid that that isnt a option costs (although costs could be paid by the user):P Other then that, nearly anything can be spoofed on the internet, even a e-mail address can.

Another BRILLANT verification method is used by Google Inc., they send between 0.01 and 0.20 dollar to the bank account you signed up with a security token as description which can only be seen by the bank account holder. This way your 99% sure its the same person.

SkunkKWolf
01-08-2010, 11:22 PM
Hello guys, I have same problem and have tried everything to get it sorted but can't make contact with DMW as there is no contact links whatsoever.

My Player/user name is SkunkKWolf, I can login to my suspended account is it ok to post my DMW Pro GUID here? or is this enough?

Thanks for any help but please sort the DMW site out, it's pretty bad not to have any contact details, I can contact Obama or the Pope but not DMW?

Victory
01-09-2010, 07:51 PM
Hi M8 PM me your details and i will see what i can do also make sure you give me all of your accounts
Regards

Victory
01-10-2010, 03:33 PM
Hello guys, I have same problem and have tried everything to get it sorted but can't make contact with DMW as there is no contact links whatsoever.

My Player/user name is SkunkKWolf, I can login to my suspended account is it ok to post my DMW Pro GUID here? or is this enough?

Thanks for any help but please sort the DMW site out, it's pretty bad not to have any contact details, I can contact Obama or the Pope but not DMW?

I have sent you an email for you to activate your account and as yet you have not done so, you are quick to moan about DMW yet you are slow to act when when its needed

GreenBean-HH-
01-10-2010, 04:02 PM
thanks Victory...

don't worry about moaning as it can be turned into something good. typically it reflects that there might be an issue, either from the user or from the service :)

many times i find myself lost just trying to figure out a new system, we can only hope to make things clearer and easier to use, and that unfortunately is a never ending process.

cheers mate and thanks for all the help, you've made part of what HH is about really come to the surface and that is: helping out us gamers!

Victory
01-10-2010, 04:23 PM
thanks Victory...

don't worry about moaning as it can be turned into something good. typically it reflects that there might be an issue, either from the user or from the service :)

many times i find myself lost just trying to figure out a new system, we can only hope to make things clearer and easier to use, and that unfortunately is a never ending process.

cheers mate and thanks for all the help, you've made part of what HH is about really come to the surface and that is: helping out us gamers!

Thanks GB ;)

SkunkKWolf
01-10-2010, 07:41 PM
Hello guys,
Thanks Victory account is now active, I do appreciate the time and effort you put in. I don't think I am a moaner in general but why do people need to come to third party forums to activate DMW? I have only stated the facts and it's considered moaning?
I am in Australia so that might explain why I seem slow in reacting/replying

Anyways thanks again for your help

Victory
01-10-2010, 07:45 PM
Hello guys,
Thanks Victory account is now active, I do appreciate the time and effort you put in. I don't think I am a moaner in general but why do people need to come to third party forums to activate DMW? I have only stated the facts and it's considered moaning?
I am in Australia so that might explain why I seem slow in reacting/replying

Anyways thanks again for your help

Your welcome but we do have someone in Australia who is collecting players ID for us so we can get them back playing
Regards

GreenBean-HH-
01-10-2010, 11:32 PM
third party forums? is that like third world countries? ;D

hmmm, maybe maybe you should be thinkin we're 1st party forums in getting issues resolved ;)

j/k, have fun guys, and glad we could be of a bit of help in getting you up and running again SkunkKWolf.

torino73
09-06-2010, 05:53 PM
Sorry to disturb you all, someone from the Netherlands here, having the same problem due to not using dmw for a long period. Tickets sent but no reply username: "drecksarbeit" email: drecksarbeit@live.nl
Would appreciate any kind of help.

Victory
09-08-2010, 11:50 AM
Sorry to disturb you all, someone from the Netherlands here, having the same problem due to not using dmw for a long period. Tickets sent but no reply username: "drecksarbeit" email: drecksarbeit@live.nl
Would appreciate any kind of help.

Hi that account is active?