PDA

View Full Version : PURPOSE OF 'BEAN SOUP'

GreenBean-HH-
05-26-2008, 10:01 PM
Some may wonder, what's the point of these topics?

It's just an open discussion... sort of brainstorming sessions on various topics. They are not meant, nor should anyone post, anything negative about any AntiCheat service. These topics are not supposed to point out weaknesses of what current AC services are doing, but instead look for ways to improve upon what we all are doing. In order to do this, you will notice we will be looking at how things are done everywhere including attitudes of cheaters, game makers, browsers, the whole thing, with the goal of creating a strong network of all 'allied' services to make cheating a thing of the past.

HackHunters through this board will only propose solutions we think reasonable based on knowledge we can gather on 'how it's done now' with the goal, as stated, to strengthen the 'allied' effort. In order for this to even be considered, there has to be a fundamental trust between the differing AC's, a way to verify data independently to reinforce this trust and ultimately a will and understanding that a combined force, capitalizing on both the large teams and the individual efforts will make for a greater whole. These 'trust' issues may in fact hinder our effort, but the goal I believe is legimate and honorable and as such will be pursued if only to stimulate discussion and further ideas.

If any AntiCheat service, game manufacturer, or any party feels that we have in any way diminished their value, please let us know. We'll be more than willing to fix any negative comments, or leave out of the discussion your name and information. We do not wish to cause harm by no means. Many of our topics are very rough but we will try and keep an eye out for anything that is negative, i.e., the gathering of data and information can be crude at times. Again, we will correct it right away.

On the other hand, I don't think anyone really knows we're here :'( is anyone out there ? :-\

.-(AUST)-.{Inferno}
05-27-2008, 12:18 PM
I think this is a really good idea, there is by far not enough talk about AC's. I would, however, have to say that flaws have to be pointed out to see how they can be fixed... Well, good luck with the discussions!

GreenBean-HH-
05-27-2008, 06:46 PM
I would rather not think of 'flaws' of any AC because this could put them into a position of defense, but rather, one might say... "this tool does this, wouldn't it be great if it also did this..."

Remember that the development of anything takes time, like bicycles used to have a huge front wheel and they were heavy. It took time to develop them into sleek machines, and even now the development of bicycles and everything goes on.

I wonder what might be considered the longest thing in development in human kind... the use of fire? or maybe the development of the wheel. probably cloths and shelter.

And thanks for the posts Inferno... really great!

GreenBean-HH-
01-09-2010, 08:41 PM
HunterBean Soup has done really well over the last year since it was introduced.

We have over 40 different alternative ideas on the cheating issue.

Great work everyone and thanks for your contributions. Take a few moments to look at some of the older ideas that were posted and feel free to make a new post to activate them again.

Keep those ideas coming in and, if you're up to the challenge, make one a reality.