PDA

View Full Version : Banlist program

bmlbytes
10-30-2008, 05:07 AM
I wrote a program for everyone who likes to keep cheaters off their servers, without having to stream to 5 different websites. What it does is downloads the banlists from several of the most popular anti-cheat sites, compresses them into a smaller format (for easy uploading to the server via ftp) and combines them into one master ban file.

In my next version I plan to have the program remove duplicates.

Let me know what you think.

Requires Windows 2000 or newer
http://pebipc.com/Setup.exe - Installer
http://pebipc.com/stcwx.c - Source code for the part of the program that combines them. The rest of the source code can easily be seen by opening the files found in the folder it is installed to in notepad.

bmlbytes
10-30-2008, 05:11 AM
Oh btw, it puts the completed banlist on your desktop if your wondering where to find it. And its only for CoD4 ATM

GreenBean-HH-
10-30-2008, 10:51 AM
wow, cool.

I'll move this to the AC Directory so more people will see it.

How often does it update the ban list info?

It'd be good if someone did a review of it as well, to trouble shoot it, see how it preforms.

!AR!BlackHawk
10-30-2008, 12:24 PM
This seems like some intressting tool...
Thanks for posting it up!

EDIT:

@bmlbytes,

You got a PM in your inbox :)

bmlbytes
10-30-2008, 03:57 PM
Greenbeen, it doesn't auto update. It makes a new banlist every time you click the icon it makes on your desktop.

Also, I have only tried it on Vista x64 and Vista x86. I am pretty sure it will run on 2000 and XP. I will check those today, I have several computers. Although it would be good to have a review from other people, just to make sure it works all around.

BlackHawk, thanks, Ill check that right now

fozzer
11-01-2008, 12:20 PM
Hi all :)
Just a quickie to let everyone know of a new PBBans feature that can be enabled via account manager.
There is a new flag that can be checked;
"enforce EBL bans"
This feature will keep anyone on any external banlist out of your server.
It is completely "live" and is self updating.

We have added a hub flag for enforcing EBL bans. Currently this includes PsB, AON, and GGC. Respected Admins is not included as they have their own flag.

The difference is instead of sending a ban command we send a 30 minute kick command that lets the user know they are banned by another ac site.

This feature is running under a trial basis and if resource usage isn't too high it will be a permanent feature.

There is no way to select which AC ban lists to enforce. If a majority of admins feel they do no want AC X bans for game X then we can look into disabling enforcement for that game and ac site.

GreenBean-HH-
11-01-2008, 03:13 PM
Sound great fozzer. thanks for the update, we'll add it to the PBBans thread as well.

RoadWarrior
11-02-2008, 02:35 AM
Greenbeen, it doesn't auto update. It makes a new banlist every time you click the icon it makes on your desktop.

Also, I have only tried it on Vista x64 and Vista x86. I am pretty sure it will run on 2000 and XP. I will check those today, I have several computers. Although it would be good to have a review from other people, just to make sure it works all around.

BlackHawk, thanks, Ill check that right now

The flag is applicable if you stream to PBBans.com and are a current SGA there, with a streaming server to the PBBans services. You'll find the option in your AccCP, or Account Control Panel, on the PBBans homepage, and can add it there. There's no icon to click to get this ban-list to update, just a simple check for a flag-option in the above stated.

GreenBean-HH-
11-02-2008, 12:31 PM
Thanks RoadWarrior, I'm going to add your comment to the PBBans thread as well.

Smex
12-11-2008, 08:44 PM
Hi BML

just wandering if you can tweek it. I have no idea how to change this to download bf2
banlists

GreenBean-HH-
12-11-2008, 10:32 PM
bmlbytes, actually I'm wondering how this is going too. I'd like to 'up' it's status here and make for a more formal announcement to all registered users.

Psych0
12-15-2008, 05:24 AM
Well, I can say we are getting closer and closer.

GreenBean-HH-
12-16-2008, 01:43 AM
'We'?

Are you working with bmlbytes on this? Is he doing this independent or with another ACO?

Psych0
12-16-2008, 04:59 AM
Well, I'm AR staff as well now ...

I believe bmlbytes & BlackHawk are working on this (correct me if I'm wrong), I myself am not working on it, but I kinda know what's going on ;) .

Sneaky
03-28-2009, 12:48 PM
bmlbytes, what did you write the program in? Also why dont you create a second piece that when load up the form have it ask for 1 of 2 options. update list or create a new one. Just have the program remember the names of the ban lists.