PDA

View Full Version : Master Ban List - Global

GreenBean-HH-
05-25-2008, 11:20 AM
We've been thinking of this one too, and now it's here (before we could start this topic of discussion :-\).

Admin Request (http://www.adminrequest.com/) has developed a GLOBAL BAN LIST 'GBL-AntiCheat (http://gbl.adminrequest.com/)' that will presumably incorporate several ban lists into one Global Ban List. I know they work with PunkBuster, DMW and VAC (Steam) but I'm not sure if they are incorporating other Ban Lists. Hopefully they will and will also get cooperation form other AC services. This product is another spoke in the wheel that will help end online cheating. Congratulations to Admin Request for developing it.

PROGRAMMERS: GBL-AntiCheat (http://gbl.adminrequest.com/) needs programmers to help implement other aspects of this software. Contact them and jump in to get this project totally complete and functional asap.

WEBMASTERS AND DESIGNERS: GBL-AntiCheat (http://gbl.adminrequest.com/) needs help polishing up their website. Lets help them focus on their software by helping them with their website.

2) What AC services do you plan to incorporate in the future if any are not included now?

3) Are there any AC services not interested in the GBL-AntiCheat (http://gbl.adminrequest.com/) and if so, who are they?

4) Will you be promoting its use from your website, or will you provide it to other AC services, allowing them to distribute it to clans and servers?

5) Does GBL-AntiCheat (http://gbl.adminrequest.com/) become a part of say PunksBusted anti cheat streaming software, as well as the others, i.e., is it integrated into or is it a stand-alone product?

GreenBean-HH-
05-25-2008, 10:29 PM
Here is something else I found although I know little about it too.

BANBUSTER TOOL by ACI

http://www.anticheatinc.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21722

Banbuster supports the following banlists: ACI, AON, PSB, AASA, CB and PBB for updating(PBB banlines cant be downloaded with this tool,only the GUIDs).

!AR!BlackHawk
05-28-2008, 07:27 AM
In reply to your questions:

Q1) What AC Ban Lists does the GBL-AntiCheat incorporate?
A1) We are trying to get as many as possible AC Ban-List communitys with us, this means we are going for a All-in-One Solution.

Q2) What AC services do you plan to incorporate in the future if any are not included now?
A2) Currently the main idea is in development, which is combining all banlists available (MasterServer Side). In the future we hope to expand this idea to a new level, which is going for a standalone Anti-Cheat Program. But of course this is "just a wish" but we will see where it will end-up.

Q3) Are there any AC services not interested in the GBL-AntiCheat and if so, who are they?
A3) At this current moment we havn't noticed any major problems, though we expect some communitys to dislike our idea's because of Marketing Reasons, they all like to be the biggest.

Q4) Will you be promoting its use from your website, or will you provide it to other AC services, allowing them to distribute it to clans and servers?
A4) This service/project will be 100% Stand alone, for the simple reason that we want to be independent. We are not associated with any Anti-Cheat community and we dont favour one.

Q5) Does GBL-AntiCheat become a part of say PunksBusted anti cheat streaming software, as well as the others, i.e., is it integrated into or is it a stand-alone product?
A5) We expect it to be stand alone, again for the simple reason that we are independent.
We dont want to favour a AC-Solution in any way, we just want to make it "easy" for a user to implant all systems available without having to set them up one by one nor making a gameserver laggy because of all the security implanted into the GS's. It's all done on our MasterServers. The gameserver(s) will just get the end product, which means it doesn't need to connect to 5 AC Communitys and upload/stream, which uses CPU power and bandwidth, but just to one.

GreenBean-HH-
05-28-2008, 08:21 AM
Sorry for all the questions... it really sounds great and exactly what's needed.

I've seen other tools that are set into their own website as stand alone products, like you've done, which I think is a great way to make it available to others without advertising it as just an Admin Request product.

From my point of view, this tool will be a very important spoke in the wheel that will make it harder for cheats to cruise around.

GreenBean-HH-
06-11-2008, 11:27 PM
I found this great tool which actually shows banned players playing on servers (I think AA) not streaming certain ban lists. This is what they say:

[-aNti-]Hackers Clan (http://www.antihax.com/index.php) - Doing Our Part To Help Eliminate Hackers

Cheater Watch - Online

If any players appear in the following list, then they are online and playing in that server.
The list is live and is updated continuously, this takes about 5-6 minutes to refresh all the servers.

Why is this player still allowed to play if they have a ban against them
This is because they are playing on a server that uses a ban list from another AC org
If the server used ban lists from all AC orgs, then they would not be able to play anywhere and
would have to start again from scratch with a new account, but this would also make a lot of work
for Administrators to update their ban lists.

Here is the link to this LIVE updated watchlist of banned players playing on servers NOW: click here: http://www.redsack.com/AAstat/CheaterWatch.asp?clan=[-aNti-]Hackers%20Clan%20-%20Doing%20Our%20Part%20To%20Help%20Eliminate%20Ha ckers&backcolor=112233

Obviously, getting a Global Ban List in place would make a huge difference.

GreenBean-HH-
07-27-2008, 12:42 AM
Here's a little wrench in the possibility of a Global Ban List... posted in January 2008.

From AON's website:

"Airdale Ops Network has initiated a new policy that effects the relationship between AON and ACI... ...AON will no longer recognize bans listed at ACI"

Note that AON has initiated this based on a bunch of reasons... news flash, different people do things differently. But the real problem isn't that AON missed an opprotunity to help ACI understand the problematic nature of some of their policies and help them work out these issues to become a stronger ally, but instead they go on to discredit ACI and build a wall between themselves and ACI which looks insurmountable from the point of view of initiating a Global Ban List.

I suggest for both parties to, first and foremost, understand who the real enemy is and work around the rest instead of posturing in hopes of suggesting how you're better than the others. I think you're embarrassing yourself even though what you say might be true as this is not your duty.

Here's the full thing including the title: "AUTOBAN USE SHOULD BE DISCONTINUED....Illegal". AON... if you think it is illegal then are you saying anyone who uses it might be prosecuted? Or more likely you are saying that ACI has created something which may be illegal (i.e., not illegal until proven in court need i remind you) and therefore ACI would be liable for any damages and therefore (again) only ACI should be concerned and you need not advertise this 'fact' as it is destructive in nature. I only suggest that one might say 'we've stopped our relationship with ACI as there have been potential legal issues with some of the software they are using' and leave it at that... who needs the paragraph after paragraph. The rest seems self-serving and a discussion appropriate for a more private forum or on ACI's forum. In fact, i would of let people ask ACI what's going on as they are the one with the 'real issue'.

Enjoy the shallow animosity: http://www.airdaleops.com/index.php?topic=34055.msg179517#msg179517
Nice Brick Wall AON! ACI may of built a brick wall too as that would be yet another natural response to this... There goes one corner stone in the hope of a Global Ban List... hackers have won this round.

Fundamentally I am only suggesting toning down the destructive rhetoric I've heard on many forums when it comes to bashing other AC's... do your thing and do it well, but don't do it standing on the back of someone else.

Am I bashing AON? What I am hoping to do is help them and all AC's become stronger, not weaker... only strong AC's will have a greater impact on the cheating community... let's get focused.

Am I condoning illegal activities? NO.

This side topic should be another entry in HunterBean SOUP, "how to communicate effectively" as if i would know :D.

!AR!BlackHawk
07-27-2008, 07:27 AM
And there you got it GreenBean! Thats the problem i've been facing with alot of Anti-Cheat Communitys.

I will post up everything i got here from my last convos!
Note, all information posted in this reply is confidential, please do NOT post it elsewhere!

Here are some chats i had about the GBL idea in early 2008:

PBBans - Foxdie:

<AR|BlackHawk> Would you mind catching me on MSN for a moment, i already have you in there. As i dont need to publish this worldwide info.
<foxdie1986> you can talk here
<foxdie1986> my msn keeps crashing
<foxdie1986> so its a bad idea
<AR|BlackHawk> hehe no worrys
<AR|BlackHawk> well sorry for that last question its not my intention to ask it like that :D
<foxdie1986> doesnt matter
<foxdie1986> my reply will be always same
<AR|BlackHawk> yup
<AR|BlackHawk> anyways, i know how the system works that not the point. But what i am looking into is bundling multiple systems into one, i readed about that idea from PBBans to, only never heard about it anymore
<foxdie1986> as I said
<foxdie1986> I will not provide any information about PBBans Hub
<AR|BlackHawk> no no, i am not asking about that lol
<AR|BlackHawk> where writing our own
<AR|BlackHawk> lol
<AR|BlackHawk> back on topic
<foxdie1986> and I will not provide any hints either
<AR|BlackHawk> not asking for any
<foxdie1986> so?
<AR|BlackHawk> point is, i know that PBBans had the same idea about bundling systems, multiple banlists ect. do you guys still have any intention into doing this?
<AR|BlackHawk> thats the whole question into one small one
<foxdie1986> our banlist is freely available
<AR|BlackHawk> but its true you guys where also looking into devloping a bundled banlist?
<AR|BlackHawk> i wrote something about that
<AR|BlackHawk> in a old topic
<foxdie1986> no
<AR|BlackHawk> well thats what where looking into
<foxdie1986> we provide our banlist to everyone who wants it
<foxdie1986> but we use only our bans and data
<AR|BlackHawk> yup
<AR|BlackHawk> then that is what ive seen because you guys wrote some
<AR|BlackHawk> thing about that
<foxdie1986> I think you're talking about log forwarding
<AR|BlackHawk> indeed
<AR|BlackHawk> thats the word
<AR|BlackHawk> PsB didnt want to work with that system or something, that was in a post.. as you guys wanted to helpout
<foxdie1986> yah
<AR|BlackHawk> see :D
<foxdie1986> it was one year ago
<AR|BlackHawk> yup
<AR|BlackHawk> very old post
<AR|BlackHawk> :D
<AR|BlackHawk> well currently where developing a GBL system, which would be based on a default mbl system, only addon will be it will only bundle all banlists available
<AR|BlackHawk> in other words, a new approach
<AR|BlackHawk> bringing the AC community together
<AR|BlackHawk> i am sure you get what i mean
<foxdie1986> not possible
<AR|BlackHawk> in which way impossible?
<foxdie1986> bringing the AC community together
<AR|BlackHawk> well why you think it wouldnt?
<foxdie1986> you will see :)
<foxdie1986> we tried it
<foxdie1986> however
<AR|BlackHawk> yup
<foxdie1986> feel free to use our banlist
<AR|BlackHawk> that for sure,
<AR|BlackHawk> what was the problem you guys had at that time
<foxdie1986> doesnt matter
<AR|BlackHawk> well not in that way, but it would be great to know
<foxdie1986> lets say some obstacles cant be passed by
<AR|BlackHawk> obstacles can be made and broke :D
<AR|BlackHawk> other words, they didnt want to cooperate
<foxdie1986> someone wanted someone didnt
<foxdie1986> thats all
<AR|BlackHawk> well, PsB didnt want to thats for sure ^
<foxdie1986> going to bed
<foxdie1986> if you have any question, address them to bob
<AR|BlackHawk> kk anyways, thanks for your help :D
<AR|BlackHawk> we get something sorted

PBBans RodeoBob - Co Founder

<AR|BlackHawk> your still there, my connection broke last time :X
<{VOD}RodeoBob> I believe foxdie already answered your questions
<AR|BlackHawk> well he did but, directed me to you again :D
<AR|BlackHawk> <foxdie1986> if you have any question, address them to bob :D
<AR|BlackHawk> lol
<{VOD}RodeoBob> and?
<AR|BlackHawk> anyways, i was having a convo with him about the idea of PBbans and its idea to bundle the banlists
<AR|BlackHawk> which failed as nobody seemed to want it
<{VOD}RodeoBob> what are you trying to do?
<AR|BlackHawk> well thats exactly what where going to do ^
<AR|BlackHawk> and as i knew you guys had some problems with it before i though lets see how things when here
<AR|BlackHawk> went*
<{VOD}RodeoBob> we had problems with what?
<AR|BlackHawk> bringing the AC community together
<AR|BlackHawk> in the words of Foxdie
<AR|BlackHawk> if you call that "a problem" but ye i think it is
<AR|BlackHawk> i already know from foxdie that you guys allow log forwarding right? hows that process?
<{VOD}RodeoBob> PBBans.com is PBBans.com .... what other organizations attempt to do is their decision......There was never a problem with us trying to unite any anti-cheat organization....we are all uniquely different
<{VOD}RodeoBob> I am not at liberty to disclose how we run our organization with you
<AR|BlackHawk> PBans allows log forwarding?
<AR|BlackHawk> right
<{VOD}RodeoBob> foxdie answered it earlier :)
<AR|BlackHawk> yup
<AR|BlackHawk> he answerd my question about PBUCON yes, log forwarding he said that PBBans provides forwarding to everyone intressted
<AR|BlackHawk> atm our organization is intressted in log forwarding, and details about this process
<AR|BlackHawk> what is required ect.
<{VOD}RodeoBob> I propose you make a post on the forums detailing exactly what you are after and what your goals are......this would be the best for all Staff concerned
<AR|BlackHawk> will a email do? as i am not allowed to give out organization details, atleast it wouldnt be a good thing to do lol
<AR|BlackHawk> i am not in the need of a worldwide publication
<AR|BlackHawk> lol
<{VOD}RodeoBob> A post is best.....you don't need to detail every specific item.
<AR|BlackHawk> thats fine then :D
<AR|BlackHawk> will look at that when our devs have worked out our systems
<AR|BlackHawk> thanks for your time
<{VOD}RodeoBob> np
? {VOD}RodeoBob has quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
? {VOD}RodeoBob has quit (Registered)

PunksBusted Staff - Runner

<Runner23> ok so whats the question and Ill do my best to answer it
<AR|BlackHawk> Well atm we are starting a new project, and where looking into brining AC abit closer to each other,
<AR|BlackHawk> meaning a global banlist
<AR|BlackHawk> powerd by all AC-communitys
<AR|BlackHawk> i do know the point of view of PsB about these systems
<AR|BlackHawk> atleast most ACs do think about this
<AR|BlackHawk> but i have the feeling we could bundle everything
<AR|BlackHawk> i dont know if PsB ever looked into this
<AR|BlackHawk> so thats the first question,
<Runner23> problem your going to have is a quality, b sharing lists
<AR|BlackHawk> thats a thing i am aware of
<Runner23> Most of AC's are not going to let you combine there live ban list
<AR|BlackHawk> exactly
<AR|BlackHawk> but i think it would be something greate to greate something like this
<AR|BlackHawk> great *
<AR|BlackHawk> lol sorry i am tired today ^^
<Runner23> I agree it would make cheats lives a lot harder if all AC sites ban lists were combined
<Runner23> but then theres the quality issue
<AR|BlackHawk> indeed
<Runner23> GV bans for simply having a connection issue
<Runner23> PBBans has some questionable MD5 bans
<AR|BlackHawk> yup, but what if we would filter those?
<AR|BlackHawk> ye i am just making a big statement really
<Runner23> Well you'd have to give the users options of what lists to use
<AR|BlackHawk> could also be, but then you still have the deffrent banlists &&
<AR|BlackHawk> diffrent, although it could be combined
<Runner23> Thats probably going to be your only real option is to allow the users to pick and chose ban lists
<Runner23> I do know that PsB as long as you keep the Public ban list behind a user control system will allow you to download and use our public list in your app
<Runner23> but I doubt Terry/Defain would go for live list access
<AR|BlackHawk> but do you think there could be something done about this a system like this
<AR|BlackHawk> as i am really looking into this
<AR|BlackHawk> i think it would open a new world for AC
<AR|BlackHawk> in which way, is a second problem. but that it can be done is a fact
<Runner23> I really don't think you'll get much cooperation other then what I've mentioned
<AR|BlackHawk> i know that Runner i know
<AR|BlackHawk> its just got this great idea in my head, and alot of ppl supporting it and it would be greate to have thing like this
<AR|BlackHawk> something*
<AR|BlackHawk> i know someone tried it a year ago and it failed
<AR|BlackHawk> but there has to be a future in a system like this
<Runner23> Well your best bet would be to scrape the public ban lists off each site with permission and then get a group to work on MD5 checks
<AR|BlackHawk> yup, ofcourse with permission thats for sure, but i think the community really needs to get closer as its abit scattered all over atm
<AR|BlackHawk> i noticed this a long time ago
<Runner23> Your best bet is to talk with Terry our PR guy and he'll go throuhg things with you
<AR|BlackHawk> thats a good advice,
<Runner23> It is, but a lot of the sites are either region or game specific. Theres only really two main stream sites
<AR|BlackHawk> yup well atm the meaning is to support as many as banlists as possible and ofcourse there is a quality problem but thats something to overcome
<AR|BlackHawk> because there is always something that can be done about it i guess
<Runner23> email terry and explain what your attempting to do, he handles all our data requests which is basily what your requesting
<Runner23> j/s and I'll find his email
<AR|BlackHawk> ow thanks for that

And i still got a convo somewhere with DF head developer of PunksBusted.
Anyways, it shows the real face of the Anti-Cheat community, they are more from the "i am the biggest, and the best" then help the community.

PunksBusted DF just says the truth, and told me friendly that it will be very hard and that they might not want to coorperate, he still said good luck.

PBBans didn't want to be botherd and tried to end the convo everything, something you see on there IRC channel to.

!AR!BlackHawk
07-27-2008, 07:34 AM
As you can read, for us it would be possible to get log forwarding from PBBans, which is already a big step. And why? They work together with AON so that means 2 in 1.

!AR!BlackHawk
07-27-2008, 07:40 AM
Also note that you are allowed to get the Public banlist of PsB, bad thing is, the data on there is a month old, but does that matter much at the biggining? I mean, they got +90.000 GUIDs banned? So then you got 2 major AC communitys combined already.

Then you still got GCC, Game-Violations and ACI , and thats all the major ones

GreenBean-HH-
07-27-2008, 10:50 AM
I would try to find common denominators among all the AC's... things that all of them ban for, leaving out anything that is unique to a particular AC, if that's possible. I'd accept 1 month old ban lists as well, to get things started and build up a solid reputation of what you have to offer. Not only are you asking AC's to trust you but in effect you are asking AC's to trust the bans from other AC's... it's a lot of trust that has to be accepted by a lot of people.

This is why I think you finding the common denominators among all of them will be important to get this started.

Eventually you could provide options the user could 'turn on', or get live data. Ultimately tho I wonder if servers were streaming multiple AntiCheats independently, then in fact they would be getting the benefits of all bans lists live anyway and the AC's themselves would feel better knowing that they're in control of what they offer. That is where our Universal Application for all AC's would be really useful to get more servers streaming to multiple AC's.

Considering the obstacles (and brick walls) that are in front of you, maybe Universal Application would be the easiest and most effective solution.

!AR!BlackHawk
07-27-2008, 11:23 AM
Well point is, people want a "easy" setup (come people dont understand how it works)
and when you combine the applications, then you still need to add +3 commands for every Streaming Community, which means you need to:

Add pbucon commands for PBBans = 2 lines of code
Add pbcuon commands for GV = 2 lines of code
Add pbucon commands for GGC = 2 lines of code
Add pbucon commands for ACI = 2 lines of code
Download the Auto-MB software = add 3 lines of code and run the application every week.

And then i'm not even talking about bandwidth yet or CPU usage.
Now create this setup for a dedi box, that means if you run 4 PB games, you still need to add

13 lines of code, create 5 accounts, setup the servers at all AC communitys, install the MBL system and check if its streaming every week on all 5 websites, and if you got a hacker that is not detected you need to send the screenshot 5 times.

I mean that ridiculous, nobody will do all that stuff which is necessary to get the 100b of the the system.

!AR!BlackHawk
07-27-2008, 11:29 AM
It may sound stupid, but i don't want to give the AC Communitys the choice anymore to dominate the market, as thats what they are trying to do. BTW about AON there point about "its illegal to be live banning" All the AntiCheat Website dont have a End User License Agreement (EULA) so they are all illegal, as they get "private" information, do checks on a user his system without notice. So they shouldn't get that low. Being a Market dominator doesn't mean that you can do whatever you like. And try to play the competition out of the game...

GreenBean-HH-
07-27-2008, 11:57 AM
Yep, the competition thing can be rough sometimes. I certainly don&#39;t like it when it happens as we are still on the same team. I look at different AC&#39;s as bringing different tools to the table... the greater variety of tools the harder it is for cheaters to be successful, making for a better playing environment for honest gamers.

Well point is, people want a "easy" setup and when you combine the applications, then you still need to add +3 commands for every Streaming Community...
I think you&#39;re referring to my comment about a Universal Application (Here&#39;s the topic discussion Universal Application (http://www.hackhunters.com/forum/index.php?topic=39.0)). Yes I can see your point that streaming multiple AC&#39;s has a downside. Maybe the the code could be streamlined? Which brings up another item I&#39;ve wanted to see... the ability to copy/paste info into a console. Anyone know why this can&#39;t be done? It certainly would help with code but also adding IP&#39;s to one&#39;s favorites.

I also hope you enlighten me on the bandwidth impact of streaming multiple AC&#39;s and CPU usage... is it significant?

5 accounts... maybe there could/should be a hub along with the Universal Application along with the ability to send the screenshots to everyone in the hub.

!AR!BlackHawk
07-27-2008, 12:24 PM
It all depends on if they want to corporate, if they dont want to look in each others eyes (forward the banlists) then why would they change there whole system?

So thats why i think its a hard battle, the bandwidth impact cant be that big, but i still count it as a factor, also some people experience so called "PunkBuster Lag" which is also a result of a Streaming Update or a Streaming Connection, but thats not the biggest problem, setting the whole system up is the first problem noob/new admins are facing.

If i would get my self a gameserver, then the first thing i think is, PunkBuster protects it.
After 3 months you start noticing people dont get banned and can still check, so you start looking on the Internet.

I guess they will enter: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=Someone+is+cheating+on+my+server&meta= and after that maybe http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=Anti+Cheat and find someone that does the job. And they think they are protected. Until after 3 months they still see a hacker and go on a hunt for a solution. Which means if they have the knowledge to find a solution.

I mean there are 20,0000 CoD4 servers, thats just one game PunksBusted covers 5000 server which 40% also stream to PBBans, which means not even 10% is streaming! Now take that amount to all games that are around PunkBuster supported.

Lets say that there are 100,000 game servers around, there is still just a number of 8000 Streaming servers, i mean thats 3%? And thats just because people think, PunkBuster protects them, and the communitys are NOT known enough because they are just fighting eachother.

GreenBean-HH-
07-27-2008, 02:07 PM
Is there somewhere stats on how many bans are made using PunkBuster alone? Then we could compare this with what streaming other AC's does for a server in order to convince more admins to incorporate streaming with the goal of getting that 40% PB protected servers to also have at least 1 additional streaming AC.

This brings up a fundamental issue you point out, if only 40% use PB and the percentage of those who also stream to an AC service is only a fraction of that 40%, that means the pickings are pretty small, hence the stiff competition among the different AC's.

The whole point of getting AC's to engage in a universal solution is to get more servers involved in streaming to more AC's, hence increasing the percentage of users each AC has (more customers for each AC). That to me is a win win situation... better protection for servers AND more users using a variety of AC services.

Finding common ground for AC's to work together will be very difficult. They would do it if the motivation is great enough (like funding)... otherwise you get individual personalities that impose what they think is right upon everyone else while others may find their rules to be frivolous.

A Global Ban List could be created where the bans are based on things that every AC can agree on as being acceptable... but ultimately the task to make this a reality is probably insurmountable.

I think better to just educate admins that are streaming PB alone that they should choose a supplemental AC to stream. If we develop our Directory of AC's, then maybe we can help Admins make a choice without directing them to one specific AC. Let the Admin weigh the pros/cons of each service and decide for themselves. From that point we could encourage multiple streaming.

!AR!BlackHawk
07-29-2008, 12:12 PM
There are no stats on how many bans PunkBuster it self made.

A known fact atm is that persons inside some AntiCheat communitys would love to see this happen, as an example Runner (PsB Staff) was excited by this idea, if you get enough support from inside the AC Communitys, then you have no other choice then to follow the group.

It takes time, it creats a risk, but eventually it will help to create a better protection.
And the problem we have been facing is simply that we do not have any real core system yet. (it still needs to be developed) so why would they take us serious? If people see that there is something better on the market then they go for that.

To simply look into peoples mind:

Cheaper = Better
Better = Better
Quality = Better

These 3 points, make peop;le think diffrent about something. If people know there is something better around, then they choice it.

!AR!BlackHawk
07-29-2008, 12:14 PM
*choose

!AR!BlackHawk
09-06-2008, 08:25 PM
Its getting time for a independent mediator to get the GBL of the ground i&#39;m afraid as the whole thing just got out of hand after some complain was posted at PsB.

http://www.pbbans.com:80/forums/index.php?showtopic=63688&hl

GreenBean-HH-
09-07-2008, 01:23 PM
Yes I saw the topic as RodeoBob decided to send an email to everyone around the world! I chose not to post as many were saying exactly what I was going to say and that is, stop the bickering, it is unprofessional and tarnishes your own reputation as being a professional organization. I was also going to say they should go to Outriders if they wish to flame each other.

As it stands, I think for now HackHunters wants to stay out of it as we would probably end up getting trampled on. Maybe one day they'll all grow up enough to realize we are all on the same team... the enemy are the cheaters and that a varied approach is better than everyone doing the same thing to stop cheating.

Regarding the GBL, I think it would be important to be able to turn on or turn off someone specific Ban List while using it. This will allow the individual ACO's to feel like their MBL is unique while at the same time allowing the user control over who they want to use. The former reason will help make participation easier.

!AR!BlackHawk
09-07-2008, 03:52 PM
Indeed, at first i wasnt going to post to but i thought, why not at the end.
Anyways, the only people that are laughing now are the Cheaters.

But it just simply shows how it all works, and i'm not happy about it.
When i got more time again i hope to send atleast 50% again on the GBL to get it to where we want it, as for now its still stuck at planning level.

Lets hope they grow up indeed.

Spanky
09-08-2008, 05:50 PM
Yes I saw the topic as RodeoBob decided to send an email to everyone around the world! I chose not to post as many were saying exactly what I was going to say and that is, stop the bickering, it is unprofessional and tarnishes your own reputation as being a professional organization. I was also going to say they should go to Outriders if they wish to flame each other.

As it stands, I think for now HackHunters wants to stay out of it as we would probably end up getting trampled on. Maybe one day they'll all grow up enough to realize we are all on the same team... the enemy are the cheaters and that a varied approach is better than everyone doing the same thing to stop cheating.

Regarding the GBL, I think it would be important to be able to turn on or turn off someone specific Ban List while using it. This will allow the individual ACO's to feel like their MBL is unique while at the same time allowing the user control over who they want to use. The former reason will help make participation easier.

I agree on that ;)