PDA

View Full Version : Chasing Down Cheat Advertisers who advertise on your server!

Killian
10-03-2008, 06:11 AM
Hi All,

REGARDING XFIRE RECORDING OF HACKER ON MY SERVER: Aimbot, Namechange, Advertising: http://www.xfire.com/video/2d48f/

I have 2 hackers now that have got away with cheating on my server because of members not recording a DEMO in COD4...

Here's the idea (now there could something like this in place that i am not aware off):

OK, we have the players GUID now, but being able to track where the player is currently active, it be a guid search, that is linked to gametracker or xfire for server admins?

Then we could go on that server and record a proper demo, then get ban that got away. If that GUID joined your streaming pbbans game server, maybe get a email or mailing list of server admins, so you are alert and take the demo, then server admins will give the correct log info for banning...

Just a brain wave..

Let me know what think,

Killian

http://www.pbbans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=66260

GreenBean-HH-
10-03-2008, 10:40 AM
It's possible and in the case you are specifically referring to, where the person hacking is actually advertising a cheat website,

I'd say go ahead and try... the hard part will be finding them on a PBBans Streaming server as they're the only ones that accept a demo.

I think every ACO should accept demo's especially if someone is advertising... there should be exceptions and advertisers should be one of them.

Killian
10-03-2008, 11:00 AM
Yes, I will keep throwing the ideas out and lets see, maybe some might be of use :) better out than in ;)

GreenBean-HH-
10-03-2008, 12:00 PM
You should start a background check on this person... using his GUID, get his most recently used names... you may find that when they came onto your site they created a unique name (I noticed the name changer in the video).

If you have the name, look up your server on GameTracker.com and look up the individuals name > go to 'List All Players' and do a search for him.

Get their banner and post it using the 'forum' code in this thread, maybe we'll see him playing again... this way we can check to see if they're playing on a PBBans Streaming Server.

Getting email addresses of all PBBans streaming server Administrators would be quite a task. Right now we are putting together banners for all streaming PBBans servers in this thread: http://www.hackhunters.com/forum/index.php?topic=358.0

There is a lot that could be done in terms of cross-referencing databases... but it would be a hugh database with hundreds of millions of entries. Still I think that is doable and may help flag certain repeat offenders and advertisers.